Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I would use adverts but I'm living in the UK. Gonna be moving soon so don't really have spare cash to spend on an amp, plus I'm currently paying off a custom build as well!

Gonna have to wait a few months then I'm going to pick up a Gallien Krueger combo, probably the MB210.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

if it makes you pick it up all the time then yes!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

For electric I use an Epiphone Les Paul through a Fender Mustang II and what a sound it produces.
    I think epiphones are far too inconsitant in quality, However mine is absolutely magical.Would never part ways with it and through the mustang it really sings.

My acoustic is a Hummingbird, Lovely finish with an equally lovely tone to accompany it.Works so well in the DADGAD tuning and music like Davy Grahams.Slide works well on it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 King Mcnut

That Gibson <3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@Kersh, nice guitar - I dont normally like blue guitars, but that's a particularly nice shade.

PS were you wearing a race car helmet taking that photo!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Gaspode wrote: »
    @Kersh, nice guitar - I dont normally like blue guitars, but that's a particularly nice shade.

PS were you wearing a race car helmet taking that photo!!?

Its my first Fender, delighted with it, the collection is mostly Jacksons/BC Rich and other odd shaped guitars!

Nope, I wasnt, but I do race cars, so its funny you asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Woah! This thread is back with a bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

noby wrote: »
    Woah! This thread is back with a bang!

Hopefully !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Since the 'Post Your Gear' thread has been resurrected, I thought it appropriate to bring the 'commentary' as well.

I've picked up a few 'new' guitars in the past year that I need to post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Perhaps the mods may consider allowing chat on that thread now, much easier than 2 threads I think.
    Might help keep it ticking over?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Perhaps the mods may consider allowing chat on that thread now, much easier than 2 threads I think.

No. People want to just look at nice examples of instruments without having to deal with reading a hundred posts about how a black pickup cover would be better than a nickel one.

Fairy Nuff so!

Keep them coming boys , Its nice to see some local gear for a change !

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Hey Wild Turkey, that Superlead looks incredible! Fantastic job.

I've always wanted to try my hand at building an amp like that. Do you reckon it would be in any way doable for someone who has re-wired quite a few guitars and built a few basic pedals?

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Hey Wild Turkey, that Superlead looks incredible! Fantastic job.

I've always wanted to try my hand at building an amp like that. Do you reckon it would be in any way doable for someone who has re-wired quite a few guitars and built a few basic pedals?

I recon you would have no problem doing it , if you can solder properly and can read the different component values you should be fine.
    Just do your homework before starting !

This is the pcb I built from http://www.guitaramplifierpcbs.com/PlexiSE.html
    but if I was to do it again I would do the Baby Will

http://www.guitaramplifierpcbs.com/liteiib.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I would have been inclined to say this myself, as the board could do with all the conversation it can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

feylya wrote: »
    No. People want to just look at nice examples of instruments without having to deal with reading a hundred posts about how a black pickup cover would be better than a nickel one.

Unfortunately, I don't think "a hundred posts" is a problem any thread in the Instruments forum suffers from of late.

Ravelleman, I was going to say your green Gretsch is a gorgeous colour, but I think that's just the light in the photo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

noby wrote: »
    Ravelleman, I was going to say your green Gretsch is a gorgeous colour, but I think that's just the light in the photo.

What do you mean? The colour is called 2-Tone Smoke Green. My personal favourite guitar colour of all time.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    What do you mean? The colour is called 2-Tone Smoke Green. My personal favourite guitar colour of all time.

Looks fab, don't get me wrong. On my phone it looked more of a mint green in the pic of all three. I can see it better in the new pic now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Ravelleman ....Is that an R8?

That it is.

She's a beaut. How does it compare to a std? Worth the extra dosh?

Thanks. I got it a few weeks ago for a pretty spectacular price and it is amongst the finest guitars I have played. The Standard has a few more bells and whistles but the R8, for me, is the best value Les Paul there is, especially now that they are using flame tops on them.

adverts? I was interested in that R8 also. :(

adverts? I was interested in that R8 also. :(

No, actually. I got mine new from Italy and at a better price.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    No, actually. I got mine new from Italy and at a better price.

:eek: Must have been some price! Must keep an eye an ebay.

Oogling Suhr guitars today but i think i would be reluctant to get a 2 grand guitar sent to me by courier!

meant to say VERY nice LP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement