Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Patricks in Limerick, Where to go?

• 27-02-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So, through various vagaries of business travel and my subsequent leveraging that into a few free days to explore Ireland, I suddenly realize that I'll be in Limerick on St. Patricks. Growing up in Boston, I have very strong recollections of heady parties.
    If somebody could point me to an enjoyable place to spend St. Pats in Limerick, I'd be most appreciative (I'm a 40 year old guy...so maybe something along those lines). I love beer and whiskey, and talkative people with stories to tell. I'm generally up to stand a round or two.
    Traveling alone has it's perks, but this would not be one of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'd recommend the Locke Bar on George's Quay or Nancy Blake's on Denmark/Robert Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Start off in curragower best views in the city then head across the river if the weather is good the sin bin should be worth a visit the new board walk on the river is beautiful.
    Then on to Tom Collins's it will be very busy but is always a great atmosphere there.
    If you fancy the other side of the city I'd head to the lock bar after the curragower then onto cobble stone Joes get a pint of rebel red.
    Nancys is next and then on to tom Collins for a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jakeaidan

Thank you so much. A pub crawl is just up my alley (so to speak). Mapping it out as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jakeaidan

Looks like this is my day!
    http://tinyurl.com/n4fcl4t

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd recommend Michael Flannery's pub on Upper Denmark Street It is a traditional Irish pub with an open fire, ill most likely have live Irish Traditional music playing in there on Paddy's day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can't go wrong with myles breens on shannon st. Would be close to the parade route.

I'd stay clear of Tom Collins, staff are not very pleasant.

Advertisement