Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grad dip in adult & further education

• 28-03-2012 6:00pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this course, I think its just been awarded accreditation, is it being run at the minute?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Apparently it was one of the first to be accredited by the Teaching Council. I don't know anything else about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stakerwallace

Great course apparently, a friend did it a few years ago. lONGER NOW THOUGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This course is listed as both Full Time and Part Time on the website

But then listed as Part-Time in the prospectus

Any one know which it is?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

gozunda wrote: »
    This course is listed as both Full Time and Part Time on the website

But then listed as Part-Time in the prospectus

Any one know which it is?

Wouldn't swear to it but I thought it was down to be run friday / sat's with teaching hours in the week.

If I find anything else out I'll post it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Rogorose

does anyone know the career prospects after this course? very interested, would be great if it was Friday & Saturday then teaching during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 doneanddusted

Hello,

Are there any more updates on this course? There is supposed to be a comment from April 2013 but it`s not here. I would love to know if anyone has done it and what kind of colleges they are teaching in now. Oh and also what they decided to teach.

Thanks in advance

Hi doneanddusted I am still wondering about this course too. Are you going to apply to the course? I think the closing date for applying is next Friday 31st May

Hi Rogorose,

Yep I have applied and I just got the letter inviting me to interview today. Did you apply yourself?

It is Friday evenings and Saturday mornings by the way for anyone wondering.

Hi doneanddusted, I didn't end up applying as the distance is just too far from home (North Leitrim) so I am applying for the same course in National College of Ireland in Dublin so hopefully it will work out! Are you going to apply to any other places aswell? Best of luck in the interview, do you have it this month?

• Advertisement

Hi there Rogorose,

Well I saw that it was also available in Maynooth and Galway as well but Limerick suits me better. I didn`t come across any such course for Dublin if I remember correctly but I`ll have a look now out of curiosity. I`ll most likely stick with Mary I though if I get it.

Good luck with your application : )

Yea I would apply for Maynooth too only I missed the deadline which was in February, I only started looking into it in March. Heres the links to National College of Ireland's course http://www.ncirl.ie/Programmes_Courses/Part-time-Courses/Postgraduate-Diploma-in-Arts-in--Learning-and-Teaching-Further-Education-PGDLTFE1

http://courses.ncirl.ie/index.cfm/page/course/courseId/130

I found the accredited course list on the Teaching Council website, think Wicklow/Wexford is another place! Hope it all works out for you! :)

Thanks I had a look alright - handy location in the IFSC, near bus áras and the luas for the train station. Course itself looks good too.

I think it was Waterford IT that has one as well - from the teaching council website. I also looked into it pretty late and I had forgotten the deadline had passed for Maynooth when I mentioned it to ye!!

NCI is in a great location alright, the luas drops you right outside the building! would suit me down to the ground as I will be using public transport for Dublin!
    There is an open even 20th of June so I'm going to head up to ask a few questions and check things out like do we have a teaching radius for teaching practise etc.
    Their closing date for applying is not until August 31st which is handy too!

Hey,

I didn`t pay too much attention to those two dates when I browsed their website but I might actually go up and have a look myself on the 20th. Good to keep my options open. Thanks for letting me know of the deadline too!!

Hi, yea the open evening in the college is going on from 5-7pm and there is info on the course from 6.30-7.30pm, I registered online that I am attending, you can find the link on this page http://www.ncirl.ie/Research_&_Innovation/Centre_for_Research_and_Innovation_in_Learning_and_Teaching/Postgraduate_Diploma_in_Arts_in_Learning_and_Teaching_(Further_Education_Track)/PGDLT(FE)_Info_evenings

other info on open eve here: http://www.ncirl.ie/dynamic/Image/CRILT/PGDLTFE_infoevening_2013.jpg

I emailed and was told the course director will be there which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mammabee

Hi all, I am really interested in this course also, but in Mary Immaculate in Limerick. I am hoping to apply for Sept 2014 (next year) so if anyone does get accepted on to the course can you please let me know what it involves, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mammabee

Just wondering if anyone did in fact do the interview for the course in Mary I and if so any tips as I have an interview Friday for it??

Advertisement