Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Anything to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

SleepAlone wrote: »
    Anything to be said for another mass?

For another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I've done so much work today, does anyone else get exams before midterm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

David1994 wrote: »
    For another mass?

watch Father Ted, specifically "Speed 3", and you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

0mega wrote: »
    Yeah we have most of ours this week :/ Should be fun! :L
    Colm! wrote: »
    watch Father Ted, specifically "Speed 3", and you'll understand.
    I have seen all the Father Ted's but forgot about that :P Love Father Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Yeah we had 3 last week. Got through them without studying which was pretty good. Got the highest score in the class in higher biology, was chuffed! Business test next thursday on marketing. The teacher's really wrecking my head though, she's only after coming back from maternity leave and is complaining how much work we still have to do, but all we do in class is write out notes and we get the same thing for homework! Her notes are crap so I've to spend a good bit of time every night trying to put together decent notes.
    Really feel like I've no time for anything anymore :( Literally cannot wait til the end of June..

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

anyone else not have a clue what course to do yet or am i the only one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Yeah I've pre-mocks (mocks for the mocks, what is this madness?) next week, I was at work all day though so not a thing was done of course. Ah well, that's what Sundays are for. :p

anyone else not have a clue what course to do yet or am i the only one:(

Me! I'm 100% sure I want to go to uni, I just haven't a clue what I want to do!
    I'm taking a year out and doing a nail technician course, and hopefully by the end of that I'll know! And I know for a fact I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing nails for a living (no offence to anyone who does though).

Slow Show wrote: »
    Yeah I've pre-mocks (mocks for the mocks, what is this madness?) next week

Pre-mocks?? God. The whole of our year voted against not having Christmas exams so we won't even be having those :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

moriz wrote: »
    Me! I'm 100% sure I want to go to uni, I just haven't a clue what I want to do!
    I'm taking a year out and doing a nail technician course, and hopefully by the end of that I'll know! And I know for a fact I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing nails for a living (no offence to anyone who does though).

least im not the only one so:p not sure a nail technician course would be an option for me :p

least im not the only one so:p not sure a nail technician course would be an option for me :p

Haha suppose your a bloke then? :P Maybe look into doing a plc course first, at least then if you don't like it you won't have to stick with it for years and years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We've exams the second week after mid term.

The amount of work I've to get done this weekend is unbelievable.

Midterm can't come quick enough tbh. The next week is going to be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

We're just having 4 or 5 revision tests of last year's work and getting an average on our report in time for our parent-teacher meetings in about a month . It's making it a bit hard to keep on top of the new things we're doing is the only thing, but that's 6th year for you :rolleyes:.
    Can not wait for the week off though :) It kind of snuck up on me in the last few weeks only realised last Monday that it was less than a fortnight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Got monthly tests next week. Did alright last month, it does get pretty hard trying to study certain things from last year when teachers are telling you to do this and that but shur be grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Just wondering, did you's all study during summer ?
    If you didn't, is it hard to get back into work in 6th year? :confused:

I didn't cause a lot of people said I'd be burned out by Christmas and I got scared.. Nah, I didn't bother doing anything, and I do feel like it was hard to get back into work, I'm not working properly yet even:/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 OisinS94

Ha ha, don't envy any of you's in your leaving cert year. Was so glad to get it done and over with last year.

I don't think people should get too worked up about it as if it's the last thing on earth though. Doing small bits every week for the first few months should be enough to get you through until around Christmas then you'll have to slightly build up the work and revision you're doing in the weeks leading up to the mocks.

I know plenty in my school who got themselves into an awful state about the leaving.

Although to be honest, me myself I was a bit too laid back for a lot of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Engineering brief's out. The project is actually pretty daecent; design one of those claw cranes you see in arcades and supermarkets. Did out my 3 designs today, instead of, you know, actual work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

moriz wrote: »
    I didn't cause a lot of people said I'd be burned out by Christmas and I got scared.. Nah, I didn't bother doing anything, and I do feel like it was hard to get back into work, I'm not working properly yet even:/

Yeh its probably best not to do too much over summer....
    out of curiosity, what do you want to when you leave school? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

If I studied during the summer, I can safely that I would be reduced to a wreck at this early point in the year. No it's not hard tbh, it felt like I'd forgotten everything from 5th year for a few days but it comes back quickly if you've learned it well the first time. Enjoy your summer, it might be the last proper break you get for quite some time.

Also it's October, telling someone to enjoy their summer is strange.

Yeh its probably best not to do too much over summer....
    out of curiosity, what do you want to when you leave school? :)

Like I said in one of the posts, I haven't a clue to be honest. I'm gonna take a year out and do a nail technician course and see if something I'm interested in comes up. At the start of the year I was so stressed out about not knowing what I wanted to do, but I feel like I'm going in the right direction now :)
    What about you?

We're not very off topic are we?!

Anyony got any plans for midterm yet? Mine will consist of some serious music downloading and possibly some shopping even though I've got no money what-so-ever and no way of getting any either. What I wouldn't do to get a job of some sort...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Anyony got any plans for midterm yet? Mine will consist of some serious music downloading and possibly some shopping even though I've got no money what-so-ever and no way of getting any either. What I wouldn't do to get a job of some sort...............

Agreed :pac:

For the two weekends - Sleep (alot!), football and go out :) Gonna get some work done during the week though

Seriously? I wouldn't even consider taking a job before June!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Lost my wallet sometime over the week :( it had my debit card and gym card in it, and now I haven't a Euro to my name, how will I buy vodka for the midterm now?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I've exams straight away after mid-term so i'll be studying for most of it. :rolleyes: It's my birthday the Saturday before we go back so I'm sure i'll end doing something for that. :pac:

There's not a hope in hell of me having enough time to have a job but still I'd love to have the money to actually do stuff. I can't afford to do anything at all and I hate asking mam for money to pay for stuff in school. Parents are going to have to pay for the debs so I'm only going to get one ticket cos they're so expensive.

Anyone else getting leaving cert hoodies?

There's not a hope in hell of me having enough time to have a job but still I'd love to have the money to actually do stuff. I can't afford to do anything at all and I hate asking mam for money to pay for stuff in school. Parents are going to have to pay for the debs so I'm only going to get one ticket cos they're so expensive.

Anyone else getting leaving cert hoodies?

I get ya. Nothing worse than this

Debs are dear alright considering its just one long night out but they are worth it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

really? I'm going to go again looking for a job next week (tried before, no luck).. I can't imagine you study, all Saturday's, and all Sunday's or whatever. I'm sure a 9-5 job on a Saturday can't hurt. :P Obviously the weeks building up to the leaving, the job may have to go, but if it were me, I'd stick with my job until May anyways. Wish me luck finding a job firstly :pac:

• Advertisement

ray2012 wrote: »
    really? I'm going to go again looking for a job next week (tried before, no luck).. I can't imagine you study, all Saturday's, and all Sunday's or whatever. I'm sure a 9-5 job on a Saturday can't hurt. :P Obviously the weeks building up to the leaving, the job may have to go, but if it were me, I'd stick with my job until May anyways. Wish me luck finding a job firstly :pac:

Well I split my days off into two sessions; study in the morning 'til 12-1ish, take the middle part of the day off to go for a run or train or watch United or whatever and then study again in the evening from 7 onward. A job would well and truly ruin that :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement