Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Hobbs Kettle Recall

• 30-11-2007 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Just in case you didn't see watchdog on BBC or hear Gerry Ryan this morning. There seems to be a fault with the Russell Hobbs kettle model 10789. It has a glass lid. Apparantley over 900 units were sold in the Republic but Russell Hobbs felt it didn't warrant a recall.

To ascertain if your 10789 model kettle is one of those affected by the recall:

Look at the oval label on base of kettle.
    On that, there’s a four-digit number with a letter suffix.
    Kettles which are part of the recall have numbers 0531M to 0621M, and aren’t marked with a green dot.
    If the batch code on your kettle falls within these numbers but has a green dot, it’s been checked and modified, and doesn’t need to be returned.
    Return it to your retailer where you purchased it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

i got one of them as a present and its faulty, would you know where i could return it to??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was listening to Gerry Ryan. Thought it was funny the way they kept saying about how it could be fall on a small child if you were lifting it over them. Might be just me but why would anyone lift any kettle of boiling water over a small child? Even without the fault making the handle come off, theres lots of things that could cause a kettle to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Stekelly wrote: »
    I was listening to Gerry Ryan. Thought it was funny the way they kept saying about how it could be fall on a small child if you were lifting it over them. Might be just me but why would anyone lift any kettle of boiling water over a small child? Even without the fault making the handle come off, theres lots of things that could cause a kettle to fall.

That didn't make sense to me either. The child could tug at your clothes, startle you and get a face full of h2o. Not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭JohnC.

kim_eire wrote: »
    i got one of them as a present and its faulty, would you know where i could return it to??

You return it to the shop where it was bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The National Consumer Agency has a feature about this on their website.
    Irish consumers who have a kettle from the affected batch are advised to contact Beaumark Limited at 3 Park West Industrial Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12 or by phone on 01 620 5200.
    Alternatively, consumers can contact Salton Europe directly at: Russell Hobbs, Salton Europe Limited, Failsworth, Manchester, M35 0HS or by email at service@saltoneurope.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I had to return something to Russell Hobbs. Turns out their agent in Ireland is Beaumark who are in Park West. But do not deal with them directly; they are disastrous. Better to go to the shop where you bought it as advised above.

Advertisement