Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamspark have free windows operating systems.

• 23-07-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is mainstream knowledge to a lot of people but if you happen to be in college and they are a part of Microsofts Dreamspark then you might be able to get an account on Dreamspark.

This will allows you to avail of 100+ free microsoft software (Eg: Visual Studio 2013) along with windows operating systems.

Once you have the product keys tucked away in a safe place they're yours to keep. The only thing that expires is your college account with Dreamspark when you graduate which will prevent you from viewing your product codes (all you need for installation nowadays).

You can check if your college is listed by typing in its name here: https://www.dreamspark.com/Institution/Access.aspx

Hopefully this will save someone a bit of money on their build.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I knew about this but forgot that it was available for me! Thanks for the reminder

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tomdomv7

These aren't restricted to a department in the colleges right? As in, someone studying under the department of Business can be granted access to this promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tomdomv7 wrote: »
    These aren't restricted to a department in the colleges right? As in, someone studying under the department of Business can be granted access to this promotion?

Usually it would be the school of computing only, but depends on the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tomdomv7

ED E wrote: »
    Usually it would be the school of computing only, but depends on the college.

Just sent an email now to the college, hopefully they allow not just the computing students :)

Advertisement