Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Darts Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

hazel o'sullivan is her name. she was on a reality tv show on rte before xmas , it was done by francis brennan where random people around ireland were brought on holiday/tour in spain.

she was there for the wc as well.

good night again last night, i think there will be a lot of draws this year. phil played really well last night, as the did the hammer ando and painter

Yeah we're on about the dark haired one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Painter 7-7 Wade
    Barney 8-4 Hamilton
    Whitlock 3-8 Taylor
    Anderson 8-5 Lewis

dissapointing first game. wadey gets a much needed win

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Yeah, dissapointing frist game. Some good finishing, that was about it.
    Thought wade was going to "blow it" starting with 41 in the 14th leg.
    Good start to your predictions @StephenHendry.

R.V.B. is looking good, never easy to beat the hammer. 1-1

• Advertisement

"Good start to your predictions @StephenHendry"
    Sorry my bad, read that the wrong way round..

2-1 to the hammer, with a break of throw.

Gotya wrote: »
    "Good start to your predictions @StephenHendry"
    Sorry my bad, read that the wrong way round..

2-1 to the hammer, with a break of throw.

no probs, great finishing so far by both barney and the hammer

no probs, great finishing so far by both barney and the hammer

5 out of 5 doubles for hammer, prreeeeeefect :D

I think R.V.B is going to snatch a point from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Whitlock finishes on a 104 average and yet still loses. WOW!!!

As for Anderson, he just annilalated Lewis while on a sh!t average. I'm liking this years Premier League very much, so far!!

Agreed, if they can keep up this standard and unpredictability, we're in for some season.

That said, if the last leg of Wade and Painter had gone the other way...I'd be €147 richer right now. Poxy Wade is destroying my path to become a millionaire. :(

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    Agreed, if they can keep up this standard and unpredictability, we're in for some season.

That said, if the last leg of Wade and Painter had gone the other way...I'd be €147 richer right now. Poxy Wade is destroying my path to become a millionaire. :(

Thats what my bookie said.. :rolleyes:

My predictions for tomorrow night,

Kevin Painter v A Hamilton 5-8
    P Taylor v G Anderson 8-5
    J Wade v R van Barneveld 8-6
    S Whitlock v A Lewis 6-8
    €1 accumulator with PP pays €2448.00

A Hamilton - Win
    P Taylor - Win
    J Wade - Win
    A Lewis -Win
    Accumulator paying around 13-1 with PP.

Painter
    Taylor
    Wade/Barney draw
    Lewis

Painter looking good, 4-2 down came back, now 7-5 up!..

good win for painter. the power looks like he'll win against anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Another defeat tonight for Adrian Lewis 4-8 to Simon Whitlock. Lewis in a bad run of form but does he really care about doing well in the Premier League at all? Taylor continuing his good run of form and looks unstoppable at present. Wade slowly making progress up the table after his slow start to the league. Kevin Painter justifying his Inclusion in the Premier League after his 3rd league win tonight. Still any of the 8 players can make the knock out stages.

My picks for tonight,

J. Wade win @5/6
    G. Anderson draw @9/2
    P. Taylor win @1/8
    K. Painter win @9/4
    Accumulator with PP is paying €44.24 for €1 stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Wins tonight for Wade,Whitlock,Taylor and Barney. Again another disappointing performance from World Champion Lewis who's going through a bad run of form at the moment and IMO looks a bit disenchanted with the game at present. Also a disappointing performance from Premier League Champion Anderson who's form has been Jekyll and Hyde so far in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

I didn't catch all the Wade/Lewis game but I take it Lewis got some serious abuse and brought it up in the interview after. He was about to close his twitter account last night but some of the other players accounts started a twitter campaign to stop him and lo and behold he retracted his announcement.
    I went to the opening night of the league and he was booed but you have to take it on the chin. Anderson gets serious abuse in all the English venues and although his darts are very up and down I don't reckon that's down to the crowd.
    Hopefully the O2 will have a bit more respect for the champ on Thursday but I'm not holding by breath.

Looking forward to tonight! Have Taylor, Lewis and two draws in the accumulator.

• Advertisement

Great night of darts.. Would of been some craic to be up there, crowd was mad.. 10,000!! wow, (I thought capacity was 9,000 but sure i heard they say 10) :D.
    Players seemed amazed when they gave on stage.

Really enjoyed it even if yet again a one sided match with THE man taylor :/ and R.V.B. fcuked up my bet :/.

Best night yet??..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

wow, what a night!....RVB the toast of the crowd....he got standing ovations to beat the band...Taylor - of course - still the "only one Phil Taylor" and you'd have to feel sorry for Wade...fleetingly...Brilliant night was had by all - few messers (2 in a crowd of 9000!) but sure they were sorted by getting thrown out....some great "cross dressing"....even a pair of 'ol Jedward's!!!.......:)....oh, and a "big bird"......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

suzzi wrote: »
    wow, what a night!....RVB the toast of the crowd....he got standing ovations to beat the band...Taylor - of course - still the "only one Phil Taylor" and you'd have to feel sorry for Wade...fleetingly...Brilliant night was had by all - few messers (2 in a crowd of 9000!) but sure they were sorted by getting thrown out....some great "cross dressing"....even a pair of 'ol Jedward's!!!.......:)....oh, and a "big bird"......

the 2 messers you mention where birds.

2 crazy biatches throwing digs at each other!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

What a night out, well worth every penny.

Barney is a legend & gent, what a sportsman. Taylor was great and in fairness they all were. Think the players couldn't believe what they seen with the crowd.

Also the crown singing for Fabrice Muamba put us in a great light for the watching sky viewers.

Yea 2 young ones threw couple digs at each other, acting the maggot, they were soon sorted I think

Barney is a legend & gent, what a sportsman. Taylor was great and in fairness they all were. Think the players couldn't believe what they seen with the crowd.

Also the crowd singing for Fabrice Muamba put us in a great light for the watching sky viewers.

Yea 2 young ones threw couple digs at each other, acting the maggot, they were soon sorted I think

Also the crowd singing for Fabrice Muamba put us in a great light for the watching sky viewers.

Thursday's line-up
    Adrian Lewis v Andy Hamilton
    James Wade v Simon Whitlock
    Kevin Painter v Phil Taylor
    Raymond van Barneveld v Adrian Lewis

Gary Anderson will miss the visit to Cardiff on Thursday following the recent death of his father.
    Anderson will repay the favour to Adrian Lewis at Sheffield's Motorpoint Arena on April 12, when he takes on James Wade in the night's opening game and then plays Hamilton in the final game.

Very unusual to see someone playing twice(in any sport).

I thought it was a mistake on Paddy Power and opened live chat to tell them there was a mistake :D

Very unusual to see someone playing twice(in any sport).

I thought it was a mistake on Paddy Power and opened live chat to tell them there was a mistake :D

Lewis to get beat twice in one night?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Great tribute to Jocky.

Advertisement