Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan March Warning Light

• 12-08-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I have a 2002 Nissan march, a light came on today. It says O/D has a line underneath in and says off.
    The owners manual is nothing but a distant memory.
    Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sounds like it's automatic, and the overdrive has been switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

in 3rd or 4th whatever top gear is, if you press a little button on the side of the shift lever it will slightly alter the gear ratio to increase revs, this is useful for overtaking. treat O/D off as 4th gear, and O/D on as 5th.

The Micra is probably a CVT gearbox, so it's probably just another preset ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

It is an automatic, how do I switch it back on and do i want to?

Thanks

there's a little button for it on the gear shift, under the one you press to take out out of "P" Leave O/D on unless you're overtaking and need a little more power.
    transmiswy0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Thanks,
    Thats done the Job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭Esel

okmqaz42 wrote:
    The owners manual is nothing but a distant memory.
    Time to get another one, methinks.

Not your ornery onager

How's your Japanese?

Advertisement