Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fuel indicator or Volvo s40

Options
  • 14-08-2007 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, the fuel indicator is shoing that I have no petrol even though the tank is full, does anyone know how much would the sensor cost me, and where can I get it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I assume that it's the older shape as tank sender units have been known to give trouble with symptoms as you describe. Any decent independent will be able to sort this out.

Part price is around €350 (main dealer) as the sender unit comes complete with the fuel pump. I don't know if there is a spurious part available, but you could check with the likes of www.otto.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

well its a 99 s 40, God I wasnt expecting 350 euro, thats a lot, I mite as well buy a new car, its not worth fixing it, so the sensor is 350 euro? I was planning on buying a new car in november anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might be able to get one from a scrap yard that will do you until you trade the car.

Either that or keep an empty jerry can handy in the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

well I know that if I bring it to the volvo dealers they will ask me for a lot of money, he said I need to bring it in and see how much, he needs the chassie number or something like that, I am bringing it in tomorrow curious to see how much it is!

Advertisement