Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All cyclists need insurance scaremongering?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

ronoc wrote: »
    Big auto is trying to stamp out this cycling lark before it eats into their sales </tinfoil hat>

Indeed, they have already taken the steel out of our bikes, forcing us to buy carbon frames! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Beasty wrote: »
    If you can benefit from the type of insurance offered by CI you will get your medical expenses covered up to €2,500 (must be incurred within 12 months - I incurred slightly more than this after taking off what my PHI covered after my racing accident last year - this included GP visits, various private Xrays, consultants appointments, temporary splint, physio etc). Don't underestimate the potential costs if you end up in a serious accident (although I suspect my own claim was very much at the top end of the scale). You will also get some cover if you are unable to work. The IVCA offers similar cover

I looked at claiming after my crash at the Wexford 2 day as it cost me 400 quid in A&E and subsequently X-Rays and a Consultant visit at the VHI Clinic, and they really made it quite onerous, I had to get witness statements, Doctor's letter from Wexford General and in the end I didn't bother as it would have cost me nearly as much as I would have got back. Plus with VHI covering some of the costs I would have to claim one portion off them and another off the CI Insurers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

tomasrojo wrote: »

Yes a picture is forming here...
    Thanks, I'll regard this idea of mandatory insurance to pop down the shop on my bike as less "thin end of the wedge" and more "lunatic fringe".

Advertisement