Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warrior 165 Vs Orkney 520

Options
  • 29-03-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've been looking for a good sea going boat for the past year. I originally looked at the Orkney 590TT but was advised that this would not be easily launched if I was on my own and you need a jeep to tow it. My budget is approx 8-9k and I'm now looking at the warrior 165 vs Orkney 520. I have read reviews on both and the warrior seemed to be the better choice? The boat will mainly be used for leisure fishing trips in Donegal & Galway bay. Just wondering what are the views on boards.ie from people that mighty have used both??? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rodey

doonin wrote: »
    I've been looking for a good sea going boat for the past year. I originally looked at the Orkney 590TT but was advised that this would not be easily launched if I was on my own and you need a jeep to tow it. My budget is approx 8-9k and I'm now looking at the warrior 165 vs Orkney 520. I have read reviews on both and the warrior seemed to be the better choice? The boat will mainly be used for leisure fishing trips in Donegal & Galway bay. Just wondering what are the views on boards.ie from people that mighty have used both??? Thanks.

go for the 165 mate .
    great boat , easy launched by one person and can be towed with a car,
    fast and safe boat, totally different boat to a orkney,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doonin

Cheers for that, they say the warrior is not as economical?? Would you agree with that. I'm definitely moving toward the warrior but not many of them around the west of Ireland, not sure if there is a reason for that, plenty of Orkney boats though!!!!

Cheers for that, they say the warrior is not as economical?? Would you agree with that. I'm definitely moving toward the warrior but not many of them around the west of Ireland, not sure if there is a reason for that, plenty of Orkney boats though!!!!

make sure u get a good 4 stroke engine on one and at least 60hp, the one i had had a 80 yam 4 st which i found very good on fuel and didnt need to be at full trottle much,
    the orkney may seem better on fuel as it wil have a smaller engine but when u add up the speed of the warrior getting to fishing marks towards the orkney ud be suprised how good they are,
    really not much warriors on the market the last while alot of people dont part with them and when they do come up u got to be quick,

rodey wrote: »
    make sure u get a good 4 stroke engine on one and at least 60hp, the one i had had a 80 yam 4 st which i found very good on fuel and didnt need to be at full trottle much,
    the orkney may seem better on fuel as it wil have a smaller engine but when u add up the speed of the warrior getting to fishing marks towards the orkney ud be suprised how good they are,
    really not much warriors on the market the last while alot of people dont part with them and when they do come up u got to be quick,

Thanks rodey, do you have any tips when buying a second one? I'm not sure on models or if certain makes of the 165 are better than others. I will more than likely go to the UK to purchase one as not many here.

go for a mark 2 165 mate much nicer finish than the older mark 1, think the mark 2 came out in 2001, u know the difference anyway mk1 looks loike a 150 ,
    i went to the uk for the last one i had if possible try get 2 or so to view if possible , only other advise is make sure it has a good few of the extras on it as they can mount up to a lot of euro once u start adding stuff urself , just make sure the engine is good and clean and if possible service records,
    but ud be suprised how well the english boys take care of there boats,
    give me a shout if i can be of anymore help as i know a good bit about them from owning a few in the warrior range,
    cheers rod

• Advertisement

I really appreciate your help Rodey. I had my eye on a Warrior - 165 fishing boat Suzuki DT70 4-Stroke 2008 which is advertised in boatsandoutboards.co.uk at £6400!! I cant post the URL but the description is as follows: 2008 Warrior 165 fitted with Suzuki DT70 4-Stroke immaculate condition,On hallmark roller coaster 3 trailer with self flushing brakes, Blue Splice to Hull,Dsc VHF, lowrance hds 5 Colour Plotter,Garmin 140 sounder,Bilge Pump,Cockpit Cover, Fishing canopy,Rear Seat, S/S Bridge, Aux Bracket, S/S Keel Band, Bow Rails, Bow Cushions, Rod Rack, Rod Holders, Bait Table. Approx 60 hours running.

Seems a bit too good to be true for that money!!!

thats defo a scam mate,
    be very caerfull about them,
    that would be a 9 to 11 k boat package,
    70 suzuki would be the perfect engine on one though

Yep thought so, emailed the seller and they started on about ebay holding the money!!!! The search continues, if I see something in the coming weeks/months I might send the add to you to review if that's OK. Really appreciate the advice Rodey. Thanks again.

Yep thought so, emailed the seller and they started on about ebay holding the money!!!! The search continues, if I see something in the coming weeks/months I might send the add to you to review if that's OK. Really appreciate the advice Rodey. Thanks again.

ya this ebay holding money is a great thing with these scammers,
    no prob if u want to let me know what ur looking at id take a look for u no probs at all,
    ill pm u my email mate, just send me a link mate,
    good luck with the search

Advertisement