Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For all the BAE Doubters..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shouldn't be allowed leave unless we have a replacement that is a serious step up from either himself or Rose. Not too many of them about that are realistic targets for us.

Think AVB lost patience with him since the game at An field in Feb.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I see headtheball is posting pictures of his hundreds of pairs of runners :rolleyes:

And he's watching the game at home while his agent tries to broker a move to a French club

According to a few posts on Facebook, BAE has been tweeting that's off to France but not saying where.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

According to a few posts on Facebook, BAE has been tweeting that's off to France but not saying where.

good riddance & I hope Ade follows his example:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    good riddance & I hope Ade follows his example:cool:

One of the current longest serving players in modern time for the club and you say good riddance? He was a professional for the club. Never complained done a good job for us over the past 7 seasons and cost us a fraction of some of the other players we've signed over the years. At one point people rates BAE up with Evra as the best left backs in the league.

On top of that he spoke from the heart. Football is his job and he's not lying about it. He had a Oyster card and used it all the time, got his hair cut in a local barbers round the corner from WHL.

I for one will miss BAE and his crazy hair styles when he does leave and thank him for the years of service he gave the club.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll also miss the guy. He has some moments of madness every season, but has been a great player for us over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Im not saying he is a Mercenary -far from it.
    He just never put in the effort required when he puts on the famous white jersey & I cant stand players like that.
    Absolute lazy sod couldn't even be BOTHERED to try block a cross or get tight/track on his man among many other major failings..

I liked his goal V pool but that's about it.he was ok for a while in 2009/10 ish imo. linked up well with Bale

I played fullback myself at decent amateur level & even I can see how rediculously lazy this lad is.
    Alarms go off in my fullback mindset every time he plays, breaks my heart to see this casual idiot on the field for us..

I'm hoping we sign Baines/Contreau for backup for Rose who can hopefully keep up his constantly improving form from last season..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Bae was a character but definitely not professional

In what way was he not professional? Out of curiosity.

irishmover wrote: »
    In what way was he not professional? Out of curiosity.

Reported late for training regularly, didn't know who we were playing half the time, wasn't interested in winning things

Avb puts a lot of work into tactics and how to beat a particular opposition and. having a player who doesn't even who we are playing is most certainly unprofessional

• Advertisement

Also when he said that football was a job , that he was overpaid and that he didn't have any real interest in football was extremely unprofessional

Compare to a non football job. If you worked for aib in a position in thr public eye where you gave tv interviews and said ' I have no interest in banking , I'm just in it for the money etc '. You would think that professional behaviour ?? You would be fired the day after

mickman wrote: »
    Also when he said that football was a job , that he was overpaid and that he didn't have any real interest in football was extremely unprofessional

Compare to a non football job. If you worked for aib in a position in thr public eye where you gave tv interviews and said ' I have no interest in banking , I'm just in it for the money etc '. You would think that professional behaviour ?? You would be fired the day after

First post was a very valid point about professionalism and that's all that you needed to say. This here is bull****.

You'd much rather everyone pretend they love the game and lie everyday to the fans who believe they kiss the badge after every game. His honesty is unique. I can guarantee he is not the only player who plays for Spurs who doesn't kiss the badge or love football passionately like all fans.

Gareth Bale has just shown his true colours and most likely never gave a rats arse about Tottenham. I might have missed you're opinion on Bales recent change of integrity. What's the difference between Bales, Berbatovs, Modric's unprofessionalism and BAE's 'unprofessional' attitude? Late for training is fair enough but maybe his train was late?!! Blame the London Underground!

At the end of the day he was with the club for a long time and did a very good job. Better than anyone would have expected for £3.5m.

First post was a very valid point about professionalism and that's all that you needed to say. This here is bull****.

You'd much rather everyone pretend they love the game and lie everyday to the fans who believe they kiss the badge after every game. His honesty is unique. I can guarantee he is not the only player who plays for Spurs who doesn't kiss the badge or love football passionately like all fans.

Gareth Bale has just shown his true colours and most likely never gave a rats arse about Tottenham. I might have missed you're opinion on Bales recent change of integrity. What's the difference between Bales, Berbatovs, Modric's unprofessionalism and BAE's 'unprofessional' attitude? Late for training is fair enough but maybe his train was late?!! Blame the London Underground!

At the end of the day he was with the club for a long time and did a very good job. Better than anyone would have expected for £3.5m.

Lad you have such anger, relax would you. This is nothing to do with bale or any other player , it also had nothing to do with how much bae cost

You call his honesty 'unique'. I call it unprofessional , immature , spoilt like and selfish. Do you think fans except yourself like hearing a player that he is in it for the money and has no interest in football ?

No idea what you work at but in any professional job, you don't go around saying you have no interest in it, I don't think that would be called ' refreshing honesty '

Also , I never said he didn't do a good job. I simply called him unprofessional

I don't understand how you always seem to think I'm being angry every time we have a disagreement. All I said was bull**** and then went about saying why I thought it was! Heck I threw a joke in there aswell...

I'm a Surveyor. I dot particularly enjoy what I do. It's a job and ill do it as it pays good money but I'm not gonna pretend to my boss and say I enjoy it. He knows I don't and has said atleast I'm honest! But many a boss wouldn't be like that and I do understand your point.

Anyway we're going around in circles here. Davycc said good riddance to his potential move and I'm simply saying he deserves alot more respect than good riddance for the years of service he has given.

I don't understand how you always seem to think I'm being angry every time we have a disagreement. All I said was bull**** and then went about saying why I thought it was! Heck I threw a joke in there aswell...

I'm a Surveyor. I dot particularly enjoy what I do. It's a job and ill do it as it pays good money but I'm not gonna pretend to my boss and say I enjoy it. He knows I don't and has said atleast I'm honest! But many a boss wouldn't be like that and I do understand your point.

Anyway we're going around in circles here. Davycc said good riddance to his potential move and I'm simply saying he deserves alot more respect than good riddance for the years of service he has given.

Agreed , I wouldn't say good riddance to him , I did like the guy I must say and he had some great games for us. I wouldn't mention bae and adebayour in the same breath, I must prefer bae

You just get very fired up or something and defensive. Maybe I'm reading it wrong :-)

Anyway, give me a shout if you ever set up your own company so I can get a job with you abd come in late and moan all day about how I hate the job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We will miss his hairstyle. Himself and Huddlestone, how can we replace that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Seems a nice guy, obviously should of been kept with injuries in mind, average defender. A defenders job, well one of them is to block a cross coming in? He never thought this was important, so in that respect, personally...no big loss.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I dunno, he's probably the only one who could have landed a pass right at soldados feet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think, with Rose being out for so long, we've missed him. Verts is very good there, but he's better at CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Seems a nice guy, obviously should of been kept with injuries in mind, average defender. A defenders job, well one of them is to block a cross coming in? He never thought this was important, so in that respect, personally...no big loss.

Agree re the crosses, he had a very poor attitude last season imo, plus he's not great going forward, countless times he receives the ball in very good attacking positions and does very little with it, mostly coming back inside or passing it across the pitch, Rose is a much better option going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifeblathanna

Dia duit is mise aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I wouldn't be surprised if we finish outside the top 6. It'd probably be a good thing not having to deal with the Europa league on a Thursday.

I don't use twitter myself but there is a story about BAE (and Ade) on SSN about them making jokes of today's results.

BAE can stay where he is as far as I'm concerned. Yes, we are woeful short at LB but there are bigger problems at the moment and if people think bringing BAE is the solution to our defensive problems then we truly are fooked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't use twitter myself but there is a story about BAE (and Ade) on SSN about them making jokes of today's results.

BAE can stay where he is as far as I'm concerned. Yes, we are woeful short at LB but there are bigger problems at the moment and if people think bringing BAE is the solution to our defensive problems then we truly are fooked.

Here's the picture in question.

ekotto1.jpg

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-12-16/benoit-assou-ekotto-and-emmanuel-adebayor-mock-spurs-after-heavy-liverpool-defeat/

Twitter post was only a few minutes after the game according to this article.
    Doesn't do BAE any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Dia duit is mise aoife

Dia duit Aoife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm very surprised to see BAE doing something like this,only a couple of weeks ago he was in with the Spurs away fans at Fulham,has he issued any statement or anything??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

If you look back through all his pics on twitter he pulls that two finger sign with his hand in nearly all of them... If anyone is actin the bollix its adeybayor. Bae said it was misinterpreted.

Have to say he was a favourite of mine met him twice and he actually remembered me the second time! Not bad for a chap who supposedly has to be told who he's playing that day

Advertisement