Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I spoke to God!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

SIX PACK wrote: »
    This thread is gone completely off topic but i dont want to alarm anyone but their is no easy way of saying this...

I skoke to Allah !!!! after 9/11 he told me the Bush Administeration would seek revenge & they did... Many thousands of Innocent civilians would die in Iraq & Afghanistan but thats what you get for pissing off the Americans :eek:

You skoke to him? And you think I'm mad!!! :D:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

If you are speaking to god again
    tell him I said 'hi'
    Ask him to do something the pope. hes rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

i strongly beleive that a UFO hit the Pentagon terry..'s chocolate orange

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuk it, while the subject is open; here's some food for thought. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

I'm not saying that it's proof of anything btw, but it goes to show that politics isn't always intended to be of benefit to the people

That document wasn't released until 8 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, and if you're speaking to him again, ask him what his name is?

I think he looks a bit like a.............. Phil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

:eek: Wow, Tel wuz you on special top secret boards missions in the Pentagon?

Did you get any souveniers, perhaps a Pentagon shaped ashtray for example, or a Pentagon pen even...? hmmmmmmmmmmm ? :cool:

Fcuk it, while the subject is open; here's some food for thought. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

I'm not saying that it's proof of anything btw, but it goes to show that politics isn't always intended to be of benefit to the people

That document wasn't released until 8 years ago

URL, this is exactly how CTs gain steam.

"I believe that <insert stupid theory> and it was the Icelandic Queen's fault"

"Don't be an idiot, that's not true!"

"Oh yeah? Well how about i show you this <insert something completely unrelated>, See? The Icelandic Queen can be dodgy sometimes"

"BY GOLLY! I NOW BELIEVE YOU!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

foxinsox wrote: »
    You skoke to him? And you think I'm mad!!! :D:D:D;)
    No i spoke to Allah the Arabic God He's alive & kicking his name Is Laden, Osama Bin Laden... The American secret service have him in hiding since 2002Its 1 of the main reasons they can stay in Iraq & pump out the Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Wow. What is it about God and the British.

If God turns out to be British, that will be one epically long thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

No i spoke to Allah the Arabic God He's alive & kicking his name Is Laden, Osama Bin Laden... The American secret service have him in hiding since 2002Its 1 of the main reasons they can stay in Iraq & pump out the Oil

I thought Allah (peace be upon him):D was Gods Prophet?

• Advertisement

sheesh wrote: »

That wasn't Allah, that was THIS lad

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MrStuffins wrote: »
    URL, this is exactly how CTs gain steam.

"I believe that <insert stupid theory> and it was the Icelandic Queen's fault"

"Don't be an idiot, that's not true!"

"Oh yeah? Well how about i show you this <insert something completely unrelated>, See? The Icelandic Queen can be dodgy sometimes"

"BY GOLLY! I NOW BELIEVE YOU!"

Aye that's true.. but not my intention tbh. Giving people a reason to question things doesn't mean they need to go overboard with their assumptions.

I really don't think that 9/11 was planned by the US, but it's all well and good just to accept what's being told to us out of respect for the dead and not wanting to cause a scene.. People should still be able to look at things objectively and come to their own conclusions about why things may have happened the way they did. We have the benefit of hindsight after all, and official reports existed before that gift existed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm watching that too and I'm not trying to de-rail your thread but it got me to thinking about something completely different.

Suppose the towers didn't fall down but were obviously destroyed and had to e demolished.
    How would you go about demolishing those suckers??

Flying planes into them seems to do the trick.

TPD wrote: »
    Flying planes into them seems to do the trick.

Or cruise missiles............ or controlled detonations............ or whatever other CTs there are!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

sheesh wrote: »

You're thinking of Muhammad.

Allah is God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Seaneh wrote: »
    You're thinking of Muhammad.

pics or it didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

foxinsox wrote:
    I spoke to God for the first time in about ten years
    Good for you,God bless my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Did god say anything useful back OP like why he allowed it to happen? Is god pro terrorism or pro islam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

They found the passport of one of the hijackers on the pavement below one of the towers
    I believe two planes hit two towers.. and that they were flown by Islamic extremists (they claimed responsibility after all).. I honestly don't know whether the passport was legitimately 'found'.. no more than I know it wasn't. The evidence that exists suggests that it was though.

The passport was found on the ground, a few blocks from the crash site, intact, and handed to a New York City policeman, Yuk Chin, by an unidentified man, before the collapse of the towers.

The conspiracy theorists claim it could never have survived the inferno and that the man in the suit was a plant. Fairly uncontestable either way.

The claims of responsibility are a bit more murky. Which claims were you referring to, URL?

Osama Bin Laden denied responsibility in a statement to Al-Jazeera in the days following the attack. (Afghanistan was invaded not long after on the basis that Osama was to blame)

Then in November a tape appeared in which Osama is sitting with a group of men appearing to discuss the planning of the attacks. The discovery of this tape, found in Afghanistan, bolstered the case for the invasion.

This from a wiki page about the video...
    On December 20, 2001, German TV channel "Das Erste" broadcast an analysis of the White House's translation of the videotape. On the program "Monitor", two independent translators and an expert on oriental studies found the White House's translation to be both inaccurate and manipulative stating "At the most important places where it is held to prove the guilt of bin Laden, it is not identical with the Arabic" and that the words used that indicate foreknowledge can not be heard at all in the original. Prof. Gernot Rotter, professor of Islamic and Arabic Studies at the Asia-Africa Institute at the University of Hamburg said "The American translators who listened to the tapes and transcribed them apparently wrote a lot of things in that they wanted to hear but that cannot be heard on the tape no matter how many times you listen to it."[8]

Other claims of responsiblity were made by some detainees at Guantanamo Bay, notably Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times incidentally. I presume the other claimants underwent some of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah, the passport belonged to Muhammed Allah Jihad. His home address was 10 Derka Derka Street.

BTW, The Pentagon was not asleep per say, Rumsfeld claimed they shot down UA Flight 93.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Oh the drama! I spoke to God! Which actually turns out to be saying "Oh God" when you see it on TV.

Elessar wrote: »
    Do you speak to him after innocent civilians are killed almost everyday by allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Didn't think so.

No I don't. If you read my post you would have realised that.
    I was typing MY feelings about 9/11 and only about 9/11.

There are an infinite number of atrocities all around the world, and in fairness has speaking to any god about any of them made any difference?

My post was about the fact that I found that show on TV about 9/11 upsetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I once saw the face of Jesus in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Hello Homer, this, is God... frey Jones.

Hrududu wrote: »
    Oh the drama! I spoke to God! Which actually turns out to be saying "Oh God" when you see it on TV.

Apologies to you that the content of drama was not enough for you in my post.

I will try and have dancing girls and maybe an organ playing monkey for you the next time!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

lizt wrote: »
    Go on the Late Late and tell the country about it. You may even get a few donations if you convince people to head to Knock to see the Virgin Mary.

haha Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right. Because there's a tiny chance that there was a few evil people in that building, it's ok to kill 3000 people!

Is that you Dubya?
    no, this is after hours and you must be new.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LoL. It'd be funny if th oil wasn't been sold to the Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

foxinsox wrote: »

I am watching TV3's 9/11 102mins that changed the world.

TV3?? Pfft, it wasn't their documentary, they could never compile such a programme like that. I think it was Channel 4 or the BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

There was a program on a few weeks ago showing that the towers had to be demolished as there was not enough heat from a jet to bring them down. Do people honestly think that someone with a few flying lessons in a small plane could hijack a jet fly it 3/4 hour off course and hit the world trade center dead on? If a plane goes off course in the US fighter jets are sent after it in a very short time as was the case a few weeks before 9/11 when crew and passengers passed out in a jet. How did they know who the hijackers were so soon after?

True dude. Same thing happened in Dublin. They got some skangers in to bring down the Ballymun towers, but Ryanair wouldn't let them on because they had too much luggage. Turns out the flights got cancelled anyway.

Advertisement