Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW Pro Wrestling Academy are starting pro wrestling juniors classes soon. Head trainer Ross Browne has revised and tweaked the syllabus and is happy that it will suit juniors so that they can progress steadily to the adult class. So If you are between the ages of 13-16 you can express your interest and provisionally sign up.

For more info check out the CCW Pro Wrestling academy facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CCWwrestlingacademy

ccw_training_school_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just back from the ccw show in Waterford, have to say it was a decent show, for the price (15e) is was a bot short with only 5 matches but still enjoyed it all the same. Match of the night for me was bam katraz v kenji, with bam looking particulary impressive, poor kenji took a backdrop what looked pretty sick live.

The talking point of the night was what happened after all the matches, it came off really well. I wasn't to familiar with Ross Browne but he cut a very charismatic and effective promo....very well done angle!

Bingo as crisp as ever....crowd was good to gettin some chants going, my missus who isn't a wrestling fan enjoyed herself alot to.

Good night all in all typical indy irish show (not a slant against the show) but the angle shot at the end was very effective and set it apart from past shows I've been at! Kudos ccw hope it comes out well on tape

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone have a full run down of results?Who won the hairspray match?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone been to a wrestlng.ie show? Thinking of going to them in galway. Who is on their roster i should look.out for?

Missed the hairspray match unfortunately, was late gettin down.

Bam katraz beat kenji.

Fabulous sexbombs won rough stuff via dq

Lycan won insano

Bingo went over v viper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone been to a wrestlng.ie show? Thinking of going to them in galway. Who is on their roster i should look.out for?
    Wrestling.ie boasts a very impressive roster which features Dunkan Disorderly, Bonesaw, Damien Corvin and shawn maxer and jordan devlin just to name a few. you can check out photos from past events on my facebook page to give you a fair idea of what you could see https://www.facebook.com/JohnMorrisseyPhotographyDesign

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Any shows in the Dublin area coming up soon?

Any shows in the Dublin area coming up soon?

Mainstage on the 24th.

536171_551202724935889_1407790567_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Anybody know what became of FTW?, they seem to have disappeared after that dodgy show in ALT

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

LONNNNNGGGG overdue results

Meath
    Skaterboi Jeebus w/Skanger Babe overcame Walter Alexander
    TJ Meehan squashed Johnboy only to be challenged to a #1 Contenders match by Captain Rooney
    Steve Cambo pinned the Galway Grappler
    Captain Rooney beat TJ Meehan by DQ after interference by The Galway Grappler & Skaterboi Jeebus
    Captain Rooney, Walter Alexander & Steve Cambo defeated TJ Meeha, Skaterboi Jeebus & The Galway Grappler

Waterford
    TJ Meehan pinned the Galway Grappler
    Captain Rooney beat Aaron Idol
    Skaterboi Jeebus retained the ZG Championship against Steve Cambo
    Captain Rooney won a 6 Man Rumble Match

Roscommon
    Skaterboi Jeebus retained the ZG Championship against Steve Cambo
    TJ Meehan beat Aaron Idol
    The Galway Grappler pinned Captain Rooney
    Captain Rooney, Skaterboi Jeebus & Aaron Idol overcame TJ Meehan, Steve Cambo & The Galway Grappler

Newry
    Captain Rooney overcame The Galway Grappler
    Skaterboi Jeebus retained the ZG Championship again Steve Cambo
    Aaron Idol beat Walter Alexander
    Mandrake beat TJ Meehan in a #1 Contenders match for the IwW Heavyweight Championship

Laois
    Skaterboi Jeebus retained the ZG Championship again Aaron Idol
    Steve Cambo defeated Walter Alexander
    Captain Rooney overcame The Galway Grappler
    TJ Meehan overcome Johnboy
    Captain Rooney won an 8 Man Rumble

www.irishwhipwrestling.com
    www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Wrestling_ie

--- PRESS STATEMENT ---

Prince Devitt signs with WRESTLING.IE

news_023_prince_devitt.png

At last the best junior heavyweight in Japan, perhaps the World has signed for WRESTLING.IE!

Devitt who hails from Bray in County Wicklow, left Ireland for the bright lights of Tokyo over 7 years ago, has returned to his homeland in search of new challenges.

Although Devitt, who is the current reigning and defending IWGP junior heavyweight champion, has performed on Irish soil before, this new 5 event deal with WRESTLING.IE will be his first time performing in the major venues across the country.

Devitt makes his long awaited debut for WRESTLING.IE on Friday, October 4th at the Belfast Waterfront as part of a special 8 man tournament to crown the first ever WRESTLING.IE champion!

More information on this development will emerge in the days and weeks to come, but for now Devitt admits 'the Irish scene has taken off in recent years and am glad to be part of it, am looking forward to stepping through the ropes for WRESTLING.IE and putting everyone in their place, into the ground where they belong!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLsUxLboxzs

news_022_prince_devitt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Strangest thing just happened. I read this post and quite without thinking, instinctively threw my wallet at the screen. Extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

robvondoom wrote: »
    Strangest thing just happened. I read this post and quite without thinking, instinctively threw my wallet at the screen. Extraordinary.

Funny, I had the exact same response!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Hey all.
    Hope it's cool here to post this here.

I'm looking for some Irish wrestlers to photograph for a personal project. I work with a few magazines in Dublin and I've been given free reign on my next assignment. If there are any wrestlers over 18 reading, give me a shout. My work is at www.deadl.ie if you'd like to see my standard.

I've contacted a few from here already with mixed results, so I thought I'd go direct.

If it's not cool with the mods, just delete!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Have you tried posting on Facebook? Am sure there might be a few who could even share your post around the site

Where exactly is the Wrestlingie show tomorrow? There's two Funtastias lads.

Bettystown Rovert.In the Dome.

Prince Devitt's Vine is posting videos from the show:

https://t.co/drRdPi2Chf

The venue seems packed and super lively.

Also GRADOMANIA

Can some of the Dublin promotions come down to the feckin south east please!

After rabbiting on about the greatness of Grado and ICW's personality pieces here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86383021&postcount=1674 it was nice to see something like this from an Irish promotion:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rockdj316

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&refid=8&_rdr#!/home.php?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&soft=jewel%3D2&__user=100000227044164

Ross Browne might just be Irish wrestlings perfect embodiment,at least that's what he wants you to believe.Blessed with amazing athleticism and an unmatched arrogance,the Cork native won't be afraid to show off his superiority in and out of the ring.
    BUT With Bingo Ballance its not uncommon to see the mental marvel chop his opposition down to size at a dizzying pace.Utilizing a repertoire that features a unique combination of high flying and heavy impact,Ballance has established himself as one of UK and Irelands sports entertainments premier superstars!Ross be carefull ur not biting off more than you can chew and show some respect for CCWs First Heavyweight Champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Don't we have an Irish indie thread for this kind of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rockdj316

Don't we have an Irish indie thread for this kind of stuff?

Don't think so,just trying to spread the word though as with enough build up this could be an unreal fight.CCW must give the the go ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

Hey guys. I'm a student in UCD with a passion for wrestling. I'm really interested in attending a wrestling school or geting trained up some evenings a week after lectures, where's the best place to go? Preferably southside or city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Hey guys. I'm a student in UCD with a passion for wrestling. I'm really interested in attending a wrestling school or geting trained up some evenings a week after lectures, where's the best place to go? Preferably southside or city centre!

Bray mate... https://www.facebook.com/FFPWIreland Most successful wrestling school in Ireland today. Training is every Sunday 2-6, Wednesday 7-9 and Saturday 12-2 for €10 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

My brother made a documentary on Irish wrestling for his masters project:

The Live Audio Wrestling twitter retweeted it. Which is cool.

Aside from some audio issues I really enjoyed it. Well structured and quality talking heads.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great stuff! Well-edited, paced and a very positive story. Only quibble is the audio levels. It struck me as odd how most of them refer to WWE as WWF, and at around 24mins, when Ken (the filmmaker) tried to wrestle, the guy went all "I'm gonna put this greenhorn in his place" and doggedly went for an arm bar, and then the "aw shake my hand" afterwards. I thought Ken mistakenly went to an amateur wrestling gym before he started taking back bumps. Ross Browne (the head trainer) reminded me of Triple H on Tough Enough, pushing the seriousness of athleticism & dedication in wrestling. The interviews & anecdotes were quite interesting.

Overall I'm very impressed. Tell you brother well done, excellent work! Very sleek package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Great stuff! Well-edited, paced and a very positive story. Only quibble is the audio levels. It struck me as odd how most of them refer to WWE as WWF, and at around 24mins, when Ken (the filmmaker) tried to wrestle, the guy went all "I'm gonna put this greenhorn in his place" and doggedly went for an arm bar, and then the "aw shake my hand" afterwards. I thought Ken mistakenly went to an amateur wrestling gym before he started taking back bumps. Ross Browne (the head trainer) reminded me of Triple H on Tough Enough, pushing the seriousness of athleticism & dedication in wrestling. The interviews & anecdotes were quite interesting.

Overall I'm very impressed. Tell you brother well done, excellent work! Very sleek package.

Manson surprised me the most was there in Preston for the filming lovely guy but not really into wrestling in the slightest,at least he's honest.

As for the audio levels they were worked on but you can only take the locations provided and while some weren't perfect when you are asking people for time and intruding on their shows you have to take what you can get.

Glad you guys enjoyed it and if you did spread it around a bit,Ken worked hard on it and I think it came out well!

For the record Fergal Devitt was contacted and offered a potential phone interview but unfortunately in the hectic schedule of filming and Fergal being so successful and busy it didn't come together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Not too shabby!

Advertisement