Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

who are the rubberbandits?

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Hi Dean I just want to say that I think it's unfair banning you from the site for simply expressing an opinion. Also you seem smart enough so I assume you ve just been misguided as to what the bandits are about. Take a listen to the UP DA RA song again closely and you ll see how you ve been mistaken, it s basically about people who claim to be big RA heads but its all for show and based on very little knowledge of Irish history. The bandits are clearly multi cultural and progressive in their outlook and have been for years. :)

<snip>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dean Roche wrote: »
    They are no point in me posting again because I will be banned again, Irish boards are very intolerant of free speech and honest opinions which begs the question what is the point in having boards like this in the first place?.

My opinion is my opinion and I stand by it , people like the intolerant trigger happy mod on the board that call this satire, that’s his opinion, but I think this is very bad taste particularly when the IRA and anti British feeling is broth into it, they are no need for that at all.

I have to mind my step because I will get banned again by the trigger happy PC police mods,no point in me posting on this again because having an honest opinion and speaking your mind is against the rules on Irish boards. My opinion is my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Dean Roche banned for a month for doing the exact same thing that got him banned the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

The sooner their 15 minutes of fame passes by the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Some people are just a bit too simple to understand satire, irony etc.
    They should probably just stick to listening to x-factor and Daniel O'Donnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

The thing that gets me is how the minute Horse Outside was released on youtube you have everyone everywhere saying, 'oh did you see those Rubberbandit fellas,' to which I'm thinking, 'yeah, 11yrs ago when they first broke the bank, or has everybody forgotten.'

As to who they really are, one is a lecturer in LCFE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

GodlessM wrote: »
    The thing that gets me is how the minute Horse Outside was released on youtube you have everyone everywhere saying, 'oh did you see those Rubberbandit fellas,' to which I'm thinking, 'yeah, 11yrs ago when they first broke the bank, or has everybody forgotten.'

As to who they really are, one is a lecturer in LCFE.
    so people should only talk about things 11 years before they know about it?

so people should only talk about things 11 years before they know about it?

That's not my point. The point is everyone is going on about them all of a sudden like they are a new thng, even though they have been around for 11yrs and have been just as big all along. Makes you wonder how many people have been living under a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

They were only big in the Limerick area in fairness. They were basically unheard of in most other counties

That's not my point. The point is everyone is going on about them all of a sudden like they are a new thng, even though they have been around for 11yrs and have been just as big all along. Makes you wonder how many people have been living under a rock.
    You are still not making sense....I've been a fan a small few years and they are clearly bigger now then they were then...in fact it's plainly obvious they are bigger now than 3 months ago...
    I don't live under a rock, and do recall a limerick buddy mentioning the prank calls a few years back, but cmon...outside of limerick feckall knew about them ...their youtube hits were average enough prior to their elec picnic debut...

they are brilliant though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I understand people saying they are way bigger now which they obviously are but they have been big outside of limerick for a good few years now. They have played the likes of electric picninc, kilkenny cat laughs and the bulmers comedy festival (to the best of my knowledge) as well as toured around the country doing gigs so they would have been well known all over the country. Maybe only known in Limerick for the first few years but definitely around the country for what maybe 6 or 7 years now?

also @ Godless M, the national papers ran pictures of them a few weeks back (they had to go away and ruin the fun didn't they).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

If you have a problem with a post, report it. The person it was aimed at didn't seem to take much notice of it. Commenting about the moderation of a thread within that thread is also against the Charter. ;)

Lesser of 2 evils me-thinks ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Let it go (from here, at least) please. There's a Report Post function and a forum feedback thread if you want to discuss anything about moderation. Taking this thread off-topic ain't good for anyone.

Edit: I've seen your message, will consult the other mods before making a decision about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just wondering If anyone can help me out here.

Does anyone know If the Rubberbandits do private gig's around Limerick? Id love to get them as a surprise for a friends 30th coming up soon. Only would want them for like 15 minutes or so?Does anyone know If they do that and since they've been on the late late has their fee gone astronomical??

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

http://www.therubberbandits.com/

theres an "email management for bookings" link at the very bottom on the right hand side

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

So they've been getting millions of youtube hits from Day 1 you're trying to tell me? Everyone is going on about them all of a sudden because they are now on national TV and their humour and videos are quicker to go viral now. It's not just word of mouth that slowly trickles out of Limerick anymore.
    panda100 wrote: »
    Just wondering If anyone can help me out here.

Does anyone know If the Rubberbandits do private gig's around Limerick? Id love to get them as a surprise for a friends 30th coming up soon. Only would want them for like 15 minutes or so?Does anyone know If they do that and since they've been on the late late has their fee gone astronomical??

It'll not be cheap.

So they've been getting millions of youtube hits from Day 1 you're trying to tell me? Everyone is going on about them all of a sudden because they are now on national TV and their humour and videos are quicker to go viral now. It's not just word of mouth that slowly trickles out of Limerick anymore.

Again this is not a 'now' thing. They've been appearing on TV for many years, and their debut in 2000 was about as viral as you can get; all you heard everywhere were people talking about the Honda Civic and the Septic Tank.

Again this is not a 'now' thing. They've been appearing on TV for many years, and their debut in 2000 was about as viral as you can get; all you heard everywhere were people talking about the Honda Civic and the Septic Tank.
    I think my favourite has always been the "one that went wrong"

I'm actually curious to where they've been on tv for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

I think my favourite has always been the "one that went wrong"

is that Marlo? jesus you sound mad,have you being watching the cricket?

:)

is that Marlo? jesus you sound mad,have you being watching the cricket?

:)
    The silence on the line when he mentions pills :):) brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

What programs were they on for many years, never saw them on tv til. This year?

vkid wrote: »
    yeah i wanna know too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

vkid wrote: »

Podge and Rodge a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Wasn't that just a minute of Bag Of Glue followed by one smashing a bottle off the others head? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

comparing people knowing off them because of their prank calls tape to this massive explosion of interest is ****ing retarded

edit; also i have been told their identity is the worst kept secret in limerick and they have apparently been pointed out to me on two seperate nights out(the same guys by two different people) but i dont know their names and probably wouldnt post them if i did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Lots of people in Limerick knew who the RB were years ago, but didn't feel the need to be going around broadcasting it left right and centre like that pointless article in the mail or indo before xmas...

13 months ago?

Advertisement