Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

homeless help in limerick

• 14-01-2011 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi as above says, I am looking for places to go about homeless help in limerick for well myself as I am currently homeless for the last month as to say . I am 20 soon a student and wondering is there any help for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭black & white

There's a hostel on Clare Street just up from Clerys carpets. Focus Ireland have a place in the city centre, it used to be on Mungret St but not sure if it's still there or not. Brother Steven Russell House on Mulgrave St, just up by the Fairgreen and finally the Social Welfare officer in your area.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

hi as above says, I am looking for places to go about homeless help in limerick for well myself as I am currently homeless for the last month as to say . I am 20 soon a student and wondering is there any help for me?
    hope u get somewhere, as being homeless is an awful thing, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

try moving in with a relative if you can as these hostels are not nice places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Can't see why you would not be eligible for social welfare and rent allowance. Your nearest community welfare office might be able to help.

If you are only 20, a student and obviously educated enough to use a computer you should be bale to get back on your feet again with the help of the state.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Focus Ireland's offices are on Catherine St., if you call in there they should be able to advise you on how best they can help you.

Other organisations such as SVP or Simon Community might be able to help.

As was pointed out before, I hope you can stay with friends/family in the interim. Hope you get sorted, best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

If u are a student i presume your in 3rd level education like LIT UL OR Mary I.. If u have a good record of turning up everyday for lectures wel then go staright to Student Unions as they would surley try help you out until you get urself sorted out.They waste some amount of money every year anyway.If that doesnt work stay in the college outside there office door until they do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

there is homeless information centre at 36 Cecil Street. Its hard to spot, find Tom Collins Bar on cecil street, and go up the laneway between tom collins' and the chemist. when u get right to the end of the laneway(there is two turns) there is a buzzer. Ring that and someone should come down to help you. They are closed at lunchtime.

Advertisement