Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vietnamese in Dublin - Pho Bo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ciarok

The broth is the thing with pho. The Chapel St place and Pho Viet are ok'sh but a bit lacking in character.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 skeeterdom

Went to Pho viet today. Very good. €30 for a goodmeal for two. He's getting a licence after christmas. Food was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Echo that. it's great. reminds me of one on Wardour St London. Could be the start of something great. My standards are set by Sydney/Melbourne expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I went earlier today and love the place. Between 2 we shared the fresh spring rolls, deep fried spring rolls and the prawns for starters. I had the special pho bo and boyfriend had the prawn curry. All dishes were amazing and the bill came to €29. Very reasonable and the staff were extremely friendly. Dublin city centre is crying out for similar eateries. I predict that Pho Viet will come a regular haunt of mine. Extended review here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Can't wait to visit this place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

This place is the business...The Pho Bo was perfect, really delicious fresh spring rolls and finished off with sweet Vietnamese coffee..The service was great too..Fantastic value. Definatly going back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FoodFenatic007

Omg went to this place yesterday :O It was beautiful... I ordered the Special Pho with meatballs and rare steak... I have not tasted Pho this good since I was in Vietnam about 3 years ago... And did anybody else get served by the super cute kinda blondy guy? He was so nice and he said that it was B.Y.O.B for the moment so that is also pretty cool.. I definitely recommend this place for any Pho Lovers in Dublin... Hope this helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I cannot wait to get here - love that the reviews from boardsies are so good. Quite ill at the moment though so would rather wait until I can really enjoy the food. Maybe in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Mmmm ; & Vietnamese Coffee... With the filter system : ) ...& iced condensed milk... I'm in there tomorrow!!! Yum : ) Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Mmmm ; & Vietnamese Coffee... With the filter system : )

Brilliant!!! Can't wait to visit now! :)

• Advertisement

Where exactly on Capel Street is it? want to direct someone to it and have no idea! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Great to here there are some decent places for pho in Dublin. Lived on Vancouver and it was great there (as was the sushi). Currently in Vietnam enjoying it again so it's good to know I'll get some at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Its just at the o connell street end beside a shop called Dance world..opposite side to Fibbers

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Where exactly on Capel Street is it? want to direct someone to it and have no idea! :)
    Parnell st

Thanks - should have realised it was on Parnell St :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was there last night and liked it, although have nothing to compare it against. It was quite busy at around 1800. All tables were occupied with new customers sharing so word of it is clearly filtering around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I was there yesterday. First Pho in 3 years. Quality stuff and the guy running it is good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sunny.Days

I'm so thankful I've just come across this thread! Having just come home from a few years travelling in Australia/Vietnam I find myself craving Pho and other such delicacies! Thanks everyone for the info :)

Went to Pho Viet last night with friends who had never had Vietnamese before. We were all really impressed, we were the only non Vietnamese people eating in there too which is always a great sign. We booked a table and it did get full after we had got there - about 6.30. It's not that big.

Three of us had Pho of some type and another had a curry and it was all delicious. The Pho was actually nicer than the one we are used to from NZ because the meat in it was quite lean. The meat we are used to is not nearly as nice and much more chewy and fatty.

The Vietnamese coffee was also fab. The guy running the place was really nice too - would definitely recommend. :) Thanks for the heads up on the place guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement