Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

EmilyO wrote: »
    Best of luck :)

I hope so! I've actually been sat here for the last 4 hours, making potions on Pottermore. What is wrong with me?? There must be some reason why my brain just won't concentrate :(

I blame Pottermore for all this! Thats the reason we can't study, not our lack of motivation :pac: Wish chapter 2 would open.....or maybe its good that it hasn't yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm walking on air a little right now, and feeling very, very proud of myself!

Had to go in to college to collect an essay back from one of my sociology modules. Got 80%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'm going to frame the feedback sheet, cos that'll probably be the only 80 I ever see in UCC! Apparently I got the highest mark out of the essays for that lecturer, that's never happened before so there's a slight feeling of smugness mixed in with pride there as well! :cool:

I'm sure I'll be back to the mid-60's with the next result, so I'll enjoy this one while it lasts! At least the same essay question is going to be on the exam paper, so I'm feeling a lot more confident right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

mariebeth wrote: »

Had to go in to college to collect an essay back from one of my sociology modules. Got 80%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'm going to frame the feedback sheet, cos that'll probably be the only 80 I ever see in UCC! Apparently I got the highest mark out of the essays for that lecturer, that's never happened before so there's a slight feeling of smugness mixed in with pride there as well! :cool:

I'm sure I'll be back to the mid-60's with the next result, so I'll enjoy this one while it lasts! At least the same essay question is going to be on the exam paper, so I'm feeling a lot more confident right now!

Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

pampootie wrote: »
    Christ I used to hate my cycle home from school, so hard to balance with all those books and trucks barrelling along beside me, so many near death experiences!
    Went to my first spin class last night, it was brilliant. They have uv lighting and stuff so halfway through the class they turn off the lights and turn on the light effects and it's like being in a nightclub! Great laugh, really takes your mind off the horrendous discomfort of the saddle.

I enjoy the UV spinning classes, makes the whole thing a bit surreal! I was at one last night for the first time in a while and I'm sore today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

MissElle wrote: »
    Well done! :)

Thank you :D

And good luck with the studying everyone else who's studying playing on Pottermore! That site is too addictive! At least we can blame JKR if we don't do so well in the exams. I can see myself now writing for an answer:
    I can't answer this, I was too busy playing around on Pottermore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Taking an essay writing break to assist my dad with the laborious task of making dinner. I think this is the first time he has ever turned on our cooker. And I'm not kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Novella wrote: »
    Taking an essay writing break to assist my dad with the laborious task of making dinner. I think this is the first time he has ever turned on our cooker. And I'm not kidding.

First time:eek: Can I blame Irish mammys, heard of a guy who managed to nearly burn the house down making a cup of tea! He put the plactic kettle on the hob and turned it on(very Father Ted) His mammy would do everything for him, didn't have to lift a finger! I sometimes wonder how much he's learned since, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Orla K wrote: »
    First time:eek: Can I blame Irish mammys, heard of a guy who managed to nearly burn the house down making a cup of tea! He put the plactic kettle on the hob and turned it on(very Father Ted) His mammy would do everything for him, didn't have to lift a finger! I sometimes wonder how much he's learned since, if anything.

ugh, Irish mammy syndrome. I'm so glad my mam taught me how to iron, cook some stuff and work a washing machine when I was younger. If I ever have kids they're learning that stuff as early as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Well done Mariebeth! :)
    First time:eek: Can I blame Irish mammys, heard of a guy who managed to nearly burn the house down making a cup of tea! He put the plactic kettle on the hob and turned it on(very Father Ted

That has to be an urban myth, surely?

I've been doing a basic TEFL course in college this semester, tonight is our last night and we have to teach english language learners for 20 minutes each :eek: We're doing it in pairs and the class we're teaching are really nice but I'm still so nervous! Fingers crossed I don't mess up too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

We're not all bad;)

My son cleans his room, helps with the rest of the house, can make a great cuppa and helps keep outside looking tidy and he's only 9.

• Advertisement

My mam does everything for my dad, it is ridiculous. If we're all out and he's hungry, he'll sit and wait until someone comes home to cook for him.

My mam gave my dad all the instructions he needed. All he had to do was mash the potatoes when they were boiled, brown the mince, add sauce which she had already made to the mince and then put the two in a dish and into the oven.

He was like, "Do you know what this sauce is for?". So I decided I'd just take over for fear he'd poison my whole family.

I do love my dad though, he's brilliant! :) Just too spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

That has to be an urban myth, surely?
    No, I was going out with a guy and it was one of his flatmates that did it, he also had to be given written step by step intructions on how to boil potatoes! I think he was trying to impress a girl one night and decided to cook for her.
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    We're not all bad;)

My son cleans his room, helps with the rest of the house, can make a great cuppa and helps keep outside looking tidy and he's only 9.

Your son is lucky you never caught Irish mammy syndrome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    ugh, Irish mammy syndrome. I'm so glad my mam taught me how to iron, cook some stuff and work a washing machine when I was younger. If I ever have kids they're learning that stuff as early as possible

Makes them good at being self sufficient when adults, and gets your housework done at the same time, that's my plan, it's win/win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Your son is lucky you never caught Irish mammy syndrome!

I love my son but fook that shoite:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

sometimes I'm so glad I'm a lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

mariebeth wrote: »

Well done! Similar thing happened to me once and the feeling is amazing! Fair play, you're hard work paid off! Tell everyone! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Babybuff wrote: »

me too, women are pretty

me too, women are pretty

HA! You're funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

so's my mammy. you could be an irish mammy anyway :D

ps i just woke up
    :(

me too, women are pretty
    and kind and understanding and sometimes very caring. They are also soft and smell nice too. and they smile a lot and help you out with things when you're stuck. I could go on all day.

• Advertisement

and kind and understanding and sometimes very caring. They are also soft and smell nice too. and they smile a lot and help you out with things when you're stuck. I could go on all day.

Boys are those things too, well, my boy is anyway :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    so's my mammy. you could be an irish mammy anyway :D

ps i just woke up
    :(
    'm an Irish mammy too. daughter has a cupcake fetish and just made a batch, couldn't get the ice cream out of tub to accompany my freshly baked nutella buns so she just arrived with it all plated up and stood there watching me eat with a smile on her face waiting for my approval.
    I feel a bit spoiled atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Jaysus, boards is great. Chatting with people on here makes me feel much more connected to home - thanks folks!

In other news my OH is already planning Super Date Night for when I get back... drinks, dinner and a night in a swish hotel. Bless him, I've still got four more months to go here, think he's getting ahead of himself! Delighted though! :D

And it's finished. 1 year of college down, well, except the exams, but I've done all of my assignments. HAPPY!

God, they were lovely. I'm going to have to do something nice in return come pay day. (or something nice without the use of money)

I really entertain myself sometimes. Just got a call from my hot ex teacher who I dealt with on a work thing a few months ago. I got off the phone (I'm in the house alone), did a little dance and said OUT LOUD "He's so f*cking sexy, Rarrrrrr" :o:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acoshla wrote: »
    I really entertain myself sometimes. Just got a call from my hot ex teacher who I dealt with on a work thing a few months ago. I got off the phone (I'm in the house alone), did a little dance and said OUT LOUD "He's so f*cking sexy, Rarrrrrr" :o:pac:

And then you discovered he hadn't hung up yet :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    And then you discovered he hadn't hung up yet :cool:

I have to make sure of that every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My solicitor called today to say that a date has been set for my legal separation, Friday 4th of May. We have reached consent so the paperwork just has to be drawn up and presented before the judge on that date and that should be it! After 2 and a half years the end is sight.

Preparations are begining for my legal seperation party. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My solicitor called today to say that a date has been set for my legal separation, Friday 4th of May. We have reached consent so the paperwork just has to be drawn up and presented before the judge on that date and that should be it! After 2 and a half years the end is sight.

Preparations are begining for my legal seperation party. :D

Fantastic. You must be so relieved :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement