Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

finality wrote: »
    The teachers pick. The teachers of each subject meet up and make a case for a student they think should get the award. :P Ours aren't only about grades, but also about who's most interested in the subject, positive about it, etc.

I'm probably not the most interested either so I'd be out of luck there as well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Graduated today. :) Absolutely delighted. Also won the geography award (albeit not the year award, just the class) AND I got a bicycle today. It's a good day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

You guys seem to have much more sane schools... our school's awards ceremony lasts about two hours. This year I'm getting eight and I feel like I'm gonna end up running around the hall trying to collect them all at the appropriate time in the ceremony. :/

(I am thrilled about the overall Maths award and the Exemplary Academic Pupil of the Year though, they're pretty epic. :cool: )

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I would skip the award ceremony tomorrow but I'll probably have to be there to get my Fainne Or. Assuming I actually got it...I definitely have the standard of Irish but the teacher was an idiot. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You guys seem to have much more sane schools... our school's awards ceremony lasts about two hours. This year I'm getting eight and I feel like I'm gonna end up running around the hall trying to collect them all at the appropriate time in the ceremony. :/

(I am thrilled about the overall Maths award and the Exemplary Academic Pupil of the Year though, they're pretty epic. :cool: )

Bit excessive no? We have 1 student award and 1 attendance award between 90 of us. Considering my general rotten attitude towards school this year that doubly rules me out of any:pac:

• Advertisement

Really need to get a subscription and change my name, so sick of people recognizing me, ugh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

How many awards does your school have? We have one per subject, one overall student of the year, and a few attendance awards. And a person can only get one subject award.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My aul school had loads of awards. I got Culture Award in third year (first non-debater to win it. Seriously, it was colloquially known as the debating award), 'spirit of the college' in fourth year (because I was leaving and my yearhead loved me :L)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Aw graduation is like the best day ever. In mine last year they just have 3 awards 1 from each class the attendance and two other things I can't remember what . The graduation last year I remember my year head spoke for 20mins everyone was so bored he just went on and on rambling about random stuff. And overall it lasted 2 hours and that was after the mass. I miss the teachers from my old school it's not the same this year. The grad day/night is the best though and so fun you'll all have a great time :).

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Really need to get a subscription and change my name, so sick of people recognizing me, ugh :eek:

Or you could just make another account and use a name that no one would know that it's you :).

• Advertisement

Or you could just make another account and use a name that no one would know that it's you :).
    But then I'd miss my old account and my identity. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Aw graduation is like the best day ever. In mine last year they just have 3 awards 1 from each class the attendance and two other things I can't remember what . The graduation last year I remember my year head spoke for 20mins everyone was so bored he just went on and on rambling about random stuff. And overall it lasted 2 hours and that was after the mass. I miss the teachers from my old school it's not the same this year. The grad day/night is the best though and so fun you'll all have a great time :).

Wish I had grad...someone wanna take me?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

OMG what ? :( what she say ? if you don't wanna say its ok :(
    Go to the debs, don't mind that silly girl :O You will have a great time dear :) just bring someone else :)

Sorry for the late reply, but she just said "Ehh, oh, I'm going with a friend, sorry." Which I know is a lie since she told her friend a few days before that she's not. :/ I could tell by her expression that she was just coming up with an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Voting slip thing came in the post today. My name on it is "Mary H. Jnr [Surname]", which is NOTHING like my actual name. I have no idea how they managed to mess it up so badly. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

We get absolutely no awards! And we had our graduation ceremony before Easter :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

had our last poetry class today. :(

i quite like Kinsella and Heaney to come up.

tomorrow will be my last day in 6th year.

im also taking spinning back up this summer to lost about 2 stone :)

I have no idea when my actual college is closed as all I go in for is english and I'm not sure when the last day is :S. I might go to business tomorrow as it's before but I've not been in the class for 2 weeks.
    I must wake up much earlier tomorrow I really can't do anything if I wake up any later than 9am lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I am kinda stressing out about whether I will get my course(Primary teaching)..
    I am going to aim for 500 points and know I am capable of getting that but I dont know if I will get my A's in Geography and English :( They can be quite unpredictable exams... :/

I have no idea when my actual college is closed as all I go in for is english and I'm not sure when the last day is :S. I might go to business tomorrow as it's before but I've not been in the class for 2 weeks.
    I must wake up much earlier tomorrow I really can't do anything if I wake up any later than 9am lol.

do u go to leeson st by any chance?

tits magee wrote: »
    do u go to leeson st by any chance?

Nope just a normal college.

• Advertisement

Nope just a normal college.

ooooooooooooh normal :P

tits magee wrote: »
    ooooooooooooh normal :P

I didn't mean it like that...and I think ioe is great went there for a revision course at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

repeating next year......yurt!

ye can get as many points as ye want...ye will still be working for me in the future
    repeating next year......yurt!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Um hi guys, I'm new here. :o So, how's everyone fixed for June? :)

:p

Togepi wrote: »
    Um hi guys, I'm new here. :o So, how's everyone fixed for June? :)

:p

cant wait to get stuck into and get +570 points

please god. hopefully "praying to my guardian angel" every night and goin to 8.30am mass every sunday aids my points tally.

it's kind of relaxing to go to mass on sunday at half 8 in the morning and just think and space out for 40 minutes then go home and get stuck into project maths

Pissing myself remembering things my English teacher has said recently :L :L :L

"I could be Michael Jackson. I mean, how do you know I'm not?"
    "No, I wont be drinking on grad...I've drank half a bottle of tequila before and I will not be teaching the next day. Incidentally I've also drank a full bottle of Jack Daniels before and I could ****ing see through time after"
    "I mean, I guess its because I am kinda funny...Actually I'm really funny"

Going to miss English so much :')

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Pissing myself remembering things my English teacher has said recently :L :L :L

"I could be Michael Jackson. I mean, how do you know I'm not?"
    "No, I wont be drinking on grad...I've drank half a bottle of tequila before and I will not be teaching the next day. Incidentally I've also drank a full bottle of Jack Daniels before and I could ****ing see through time after"
    "I mean, I guess its because I am kinda funny...Actually I'm really funny"

Going to miss English so much :')

The most noticeable thing of my English classes lately is my English teacher comparing Hamlet to South Park..

My English teacher: "Don't be going around on your twit**** and face****, you've TWENTY DAYS until your Leaving Cert. Unless you want to end up like me, you lazy ****es."

I love the man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I haven't gone to a single English class since before Christmas.

YOLO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement