Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dallas [TNT - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

So who do you think will be the first character to be killed off? We are almost at the final episode of season 1. So expect a typical Dallas season finale cliff hanger!

Of the new characters, I am not liking Elena. I don't think the actress is great to be honest so if any character is to meet a sudden end I think it may be her.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Given Larry's age, I wouldn't be surprised with a "Who shot JR" redux.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

py2006 wrote: »
    So who do you think will be the first character to be killed off? We are almost at the final episode of season 1. So expect a typical Dallas season finale cliff hanger!

Of the new characters, I am not liking Elena. I don't think the actress is great to be honest so if any character is to meet a sudden end I think it may be her.

Didn't realise that it was nearing the end:( Ten shows is a very short run, was hoping it would be 22. Its as corny as hell but I am loving it:o Its so bad its good. Pure escapism. So many cliffhangers in the lastest episode:eek: I am not liking Elena or Rebecca so wouldn't miss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr E wrote: »
    Given Larry's age, I wouldn't be surprised with a "Who shot JR" redux.

Oh no anyone but JR please

TV3 are showing a 15 minute preview on Monday night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

lindtee wrote: »
    So many cliffhangers in the latest episode :eek

That was some episode! :eek: (just caught up now)

I have to say I've loved this so it's great to hear its been green-lit for a second season. Agree that without much JR in the last few episodes it's been missing something but its still very watchable. I like how they've stuck with the premise from the original show - that no matter what else has happened between them, when the chips are down the Ewings pull together (John Ross / Bobby).

It really wouldn't work without the senior (no pun intended) cast though I think.. it'd be just another bland remake of the style we've seen lots of in recent years, so fingers crossed they'll all be in it for a while yet (wouldn't surprise me if 2 finales were written, one if they weren't renewed and the one we'll get to see next week)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

TV3 9am this evening . I will keep an open mind but Dallas was a template for so many other shows (Falcon Crest Etc) that I hardly think this will rock TV-its a concept done to death but for pure nostalgia will be good to see Bobby and JR. Was curious that they dont use the character of Bobby's natural son with Jenna Wade? The one Ray Krebbs adopted? Of course the fact that Ray once dated Lucy (incest?!) is airbrushed away but sure Bobby and the Shower etc

Someone compared Michael Noonan coming back into Finance to Pam and Booby shower scene-great one because both date from the same era! The shock of it-thinking baldy was gone and Presto he is back talking about bullions like he was never gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

hmmm good on tv3 showing a preview of the season the night before i watch the finale..:D

When is TV3 showing the actual series?

That was some finalé!! :D

Omg :eek:

She is actually Miss
    Barnes !!

• Advertisement

Omg :eek:

She is actually Miss
    Barnes !!

Didn't see that coming either!

Loved Annie's little performance too - hehe sucker! :p

Nice touch too with the new home of Ewing Energies

I'll be back for season 2 anyway :)

im torn whether to hate john ross or christopher although john ross is the ruthless one Christopher willingly slept with his cousins ex fiance less then a day after they broke up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

TNT will premiere Season 2 of Dallas in January 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭door

The cliffhanger was sort of poor. If you see "Dallas: JR Returns" the 1996 reunion movie you will see that Christopher and Rebecca began dating then. So it really doesn't make much sense.

door wrote: »
    The cliffhanger was sort of poor. If you see "Dallas: JR Returns" the 1996 reunion movie you will see that Christopher and Rebecca began dating then. So it really doesn't make much sense.

the makers said its a continuation of the original series there not counting the tv movies

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rebecca could be Cliff Barnes daughter so that would make her Christopher's cousin *yikes*

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The TV Movies are not canon. Rebecca and Christopher are not cousins by blood. Christopher is Sue Ellens sisters Kristin and J. R's son and was adopted by Bobby and Pamela.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The TV Movies are not canon. Rebecca and Christopher are not cousins by blood. Christopher is Sue Ellens sisters Kristin and J. R's son and was adopted by Bobby and Pamela.

Actually... he's not even JR's. As far as I remember, Kristen's brother tried to blackmail JR by claiming the baby was his (but wasn't) but when JR didn't give in, Bobby bought the baby (Christopher) and took him as his own.

(I watch too much telly :))

Dublinfan wrote: »
    the makers said its a continuation of the original series there not counting the tv movies

I see. Well that's a bit of a cop out now. Not very happy with that I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Does anyone think bobby is the spat of Seanie Fitz ?

• Advertisement

door wrote: »
    I see. Well that's a bit of a cop out now. Not very happy with that I must say.

This is from the folks who brought you bobby in the shower! And Ray krebbs used to date Lucy in the series so dont be surprised. Still have heard no start date for TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

has been advertised a lot on TV3 saying it starting soon but no date, hope i dont miss first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The "old" Dallas is been shown Weeknights on CBS Drama/Sky 149 since last year....its on @ 11pm Monday-Friday.Currently at Season 9 which from watching nearly all the episodes is not a patch on the early episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Dallas programme at 10 tonight on channel 5. series will be shown on 5 september on tv3

Lockedout wrote: »
    This is from the folks who brought you bobby in the shower! And Ray krebbs used to date Lucy in the series so dont be surprised. Still have heard no start date for TV3

I see we have another dream on our hands then?

Lockedout wrote: »

Starts at 10pm tonight on TV3 (as if anyone dont know yet by the amount of bloody promos TV3 are airing for it :rolleyes:)

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it take about 3 episodes for it to start to take shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it take about 3 episodes for it to start to take shape!
    Agreed, episode 3 is a marked improvement. But improves again as it goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

only wish now they would bring back falcon crest..

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts at 10pm tonight on TV3 (as if anyone dont know yet by the amount of bloody promos TV3 are airing for it :rolleyes:)

Well it was/is a cultural icon and will probably draw in huge viewers for them so who can blame them :p

Advertisement