Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "WWE NXT" thread ***Contains SPOILERS***

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Miz really is an epic heel. Not many wrestlers can get both the little kiddies and the IWC to boo simultaneously.

He is awesome...It's like he shoots on things, but it keeps kayfabe. It's quite a niche he's carved out. Maybe it's because he's been a younger guy, who's matured, so he speaks to both audiences now. Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Glad to see Sheamus finally has some competition for Gingerist and Palest man in the WWE:pac:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/photos/13527702/wwenxtpreview/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Really stands out how much Danielson doesn't stand out looking at all those pics, if that makes sense. Will be interesting to see if he does on the show itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Now this I am not sure if it was in character....:o

IGN: You mentioned Bryan Danielson there. A lot of eyebrows are being raised at the fact that Danielson is going to be on the show as a rookie and that The Miz will be his mentor, despite Danielson's vast experience.

Morrison: Yeah, when I saw that, I was at the ECW taping, and I actually saw Miz. He didn't know either until he saw the graphic on the screen. That he was the "Pro" and Bryan Danielson was the student. I walked by and said, "Pssh, he knows more that you do." And that's pretty much what everyone thinks. It's gonna be interesting and I think that's the point of it.

http://ie.tv.ign.com/articles/107/1070364p2.html

Another interview with Jo Mo

Brian Fritz: Speaking of reality TV, WWE is going back to that with the new NXT show that will begin next Tuesday on SyFy. What are your thoughts on that concept with eight young guys being brought up from Florida Championship Wrestling and being paired with eight current WWE superstars?
    John Morrison: I think it's great. I always though Tough Enough was a great concept. I remember that I was super in to Tough Enough as a fan because I always wondered how people learned to be sports entertainers and with the NXT concept I think it's a new take on Tough Enough. It's cool because it uses people who might not be super-busy at TV as the pros for it and it gets them doing something. I think it's going to have the same appeal as Tough Enough did where somebody like myself when I was a kid who might want to get into sports entertainment and not know how. They can see that show and figure out a little more on what it takes to make it to the WWE. I think it's going to be a great show. It's a great concept.

Brian Fritz: Would you like to be on that show as one of the mentors?
    John Morrison: Yeah, absolutely. They had asked me about it and I told them I'd love to be a mentor but this season I think they have some other plans. I'm going to be a little too busy during the filming of NXT to do the first season.

Brian Fritz: How about them choosing The Miz for the show?
    John Morrison: It will be interesting. They've got The Miz on there and he's mentoring Bryan Danielson (the WWE has named his character Daniel Bryan) who I actually think is a lot better than he is. (laughs) So it will be good for The Miz. He can learn how to wrestle, hopefully, this season on NXT.

Brian Fritz: Are you surprised by the Internet controversy that has started with that pairing with some people upset because The Miz has only been in wrestling for about five years now being put with Bryan Danielson who has been wrestling all over the world for a decade?
    John Morrison: I'm not surprised by the Internet controversy. I think that's part of what is going to make the show interesting. It's going to be controversial and it's going to be interesting to see how The Miz gets along with Bryan Danielson. I think that's probably why they ended up getting paired together.

http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/02/19/john-morrison-enjoying-the-moment-with-the-wwe/

William Regal will be replacing MVP as the mentor for Skip Sheffield on the NXT show.

Source: F4Online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Push time for MVP?

Colt Cobana posted this on his twitter...

67341128.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1266667510&Signature=N70Rrbm1kRsqP1sIGVv9sKM7TIw%3D

Push time for MVP?

He made a commitment to quit the aul mar-iguana and people think thats the reason he wasn't being pushed so he may get his push after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WWE and Syfy issued the following press release:

WWE NXT™ DEBUTS ON SYFY,

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, AT 10PM (ET/PT)

Stamford, Connecticut – February 22, 2010 - Syfy and World Wrestling Entertainment® today announced the competitors on WWE NXT, a new hybrid live event/reality show featuring eight popular WWE Superstars (“Pros”) mentoring eight WWE “Rookies,” premiering on Syfy Tuesday, February 23, at 10PM (ET/PT). The winning NXT Rookie will receive a WWE roster spot. Among the NXT Rookies are the fiancé of Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, a firefighter in training from New Jersey, a food eating dynamo and a former college basketball player.

NXT is a unique combination of heart-stopping entertainment and gritty behind-the-scenes reality. The Rookie stars of the series take the challenge of the Syfy tagline ‘Imagine Greater’ to heart as they embark on their ultimate dream quest to join the next generation of WWE revered heroes and champions.

These Rookies, who are learning the ropes, are athletes who epitomize pop culture and personify strong attributes – they are opinionated and aggressive – which means inherent conflict between Rookies and other Rookies, conflict between Rookies and Pros, as well as, conflict between Pros and Pros. The trials and tribulations of the WWE NXT cast ensure action-packed, innovative entertainment – WWE style.

The WWE Pros and NXT Rookies will be:

WWE Pro R-Truth with NXT Rookie David “A-List” Otunga
    WWE Pro The Miz with NXT Rookie Daniel Bryan
    WWE Pro Matt Hardy with NXT Rookie Justin Gabriel
    WWE Pro Chris Jericho with NXT Rookie Wade Barrett
    WWE Pro William Regal with NXT Rookie Skip Sheffield
    WWE Pro CM Punk with NXT Rookie Darren Young
    WWE Pro Christian with NXT Rookie Heath Slater
    WWE Pro Carlito with NXT Rookie Michael Tarver

The NXT Rookies come from around the world with diverse and interesting backgrounds: David Otunga is a Harvard Law graduate engaged to Academy Award winning actress and Grammy Award® winning recording artist Jennifer Hudson; Daniel Bryan is a former champion on the independent scene; Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett traveled all the way from Cape Town and England respectively to make their WWE dreams come true; Skip Sheffield loves to challenge people to eating contests; Darren Young learned to be tough while training to become a firefighter in New Jersey; as a former college basketball player, Heath Slater, is looking to move from the basketball court to the squared circle; and Michael Tarver knows what it takes to be a force in the ring after growing up watching his father be the sparing partner of Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson. Theses eight NXT Rookies are looking to see if they have what it takes to become a WWE Superstar.

*blows off dust*

Well, we're 4 weeks into NXT, what are everybody's thought's on it?

Oh, just found this out:
    NXT's rating has continued to drop since it started

Week 1 - 1.3
    Week 2 - 1.24
    Week 3 - 1.0
    Week 4 - 0.9

It might be just me but I think WWE need to move NXT off SyFy. It's suffering the exact same problems ECW did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I think it's a good, solid show. There's a couple of guys that are really impressive. Justin Gabriel is getting over in a big way, and I like the look of Wade Barrett too.

I fear they're starting to bury 'Daniel Bryan' though. If they don't make something of him (eg, have him cost the Miz a strap) soon, there may sadly be a future endeavours this year.

Oh, and Heath Slater was infinitely better in week four, when he just shut up and wrestled. I'd still like to slap him silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cant wait for Bryan to challenge the Miz for the US title :D

Besides Bryan the other standouts for me are Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

0-4 for Daniel Bryan. I mean, seriously? :confused: Why sign up one of the best guys outside of TNA and WWE if you're just going to make him look unbelievably ****? Whoever thought that not only a losing streak, but also a bad portrayal of the guy was a good idea needs to be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    0-4 for Daniel Bryan. I mean, seriously? :confused: Why sign up one of the best guys outside of TNA and WWE if you're just going to make him look unbelievably ****? Whoever thought that not only a losing streak, but also a bad portrayal of the guy was a good idea needs to be fired.

Battle against the odds, survive the pros' cuts each week, and battle on to glory perhaps. I wouldn't go saying they have little interest in pushing him on. He's been on every show prominently and been involved now with established people like Big Show, Khali, Jericho and of course The Miz. I suspect they're going somewhere with it.

*blows off dust*

Oh, just found this out:
    NXT's rating has continued to drop since it started

Week 1 - 1.3
    Week 2 - 1.24
    Week 3 - 1.0
    Week 4 - 0.9

It might be just me but I think WWE need to move NXT off SyFy. It's suffering the exact same problems ECW did.

They won't get a second series if this continues, Syfy will just get fed up of those ratings. Its still outdrawing Impact though! :pac:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They won't get a second series if this continues, Syfy will just get fed up of those ratings. Its still outdrawing Impact though! :pac:

WWE and SyFy have a deal that NXT will air 2 to 3 series that'll each last around 17 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

when does the vote off start?

when does the vote off start?

2 Weeks time is the 1st vote. That's all we know atm

WWE and SyFy have a deal that NXT will air 2 to 3 series that'll each last around 17 episodes

Which proves Vince is a legend and the guys at SYFY are not:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I said it in the spoilers thread, but show appears not to be on tonight.

Looks like its on Saturday Midnight on Sky Sports 3.

I don't know why there is a schedule change this week.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »

golf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I said it in the spoilers thread, but show appears not to be on tonight.

Looks like its on Saturday Midnight on Sky Sports 3.

Just after seeing this. Pissed off by it too. Was looking forward to watching it. :mad:

SyFy released the following today, confirming what we had previously reported here on PWInsider.com about SyFy replaying the previous week's episode of NXT prior to the new episode airing, giving them a two hour block of the show every Tuesday.
    SYFY LAUNCHES WWE NXT “CATCH-UP ON THE COMPETITION” EPISODES BEGINNING TUESDAY, APRIL 6, AT 9PM (ET/PT)

Leads Into Premiere NXT Telecasts at 10PM (ET/PT)

New York, NY – April 2, 2010 – To keep fans up-to-date on the gripping new reality series WWE NXT, Syfy will launch a weekly “catch-up on the competition” episode beginning Tuesday, April 6, at 9PM (ET/PT).

The hour-long encore presentation of the previous week’s program will lead into all-new WWE NXT telecasts at 10PM (ET/PT). Since it premiered, WWE NXT has averaged more than 1.4 million total viewers, 628,000 Adults 18-49 and 629,000 Adults 25-54 along with a 1.1 household rating.

WWE NXT is a unique combination of heart-stopping entertainment and gritty behind-the-scenes reality. The NXT Rookie stars of the series take the challenge of the Syfy tagline ‘Imagine Greater’ to heart as they embark on their ultimate dream quest to join the next generation of WWE Superstars.

The WWE Pros and NXT Rookies:

WWE Pro R-Truth with NXT Rookie David “A-List” Otunga
    WWE Pro The Miz with NXT Rookie Daniel Bryan
    WWE Pro Matt Hardy with NXT Rookie Justin Gabriel
    WWE Pro Chris Jericho with NXT Rookie Wade Barrett
    WWE Pro William Regal with NXT Rookie Skip Sheffield
    WWE Pro CM Punk with NXT Rookie Darren Young
    WWE Pro Christian with NXT Rookie Heath Slater
    WWE Pro Carlito with NXT Rookie Michael Tarver

Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 96 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)

A poll currently running on WWE.com (not the one where they want you to vote on who should have been number 1) is asking "Do you agree with Daniel Bryan being ranked the No. 1 NXT Rookie in the first-ever Pros Poll?" and currently "Yes. Bryan has proven himself worthy of being the WWE's next breakout star." is at just 16.45% while "No. Bryan doesn't have the look or personality to be a top-level WWE Superstar." is a whopping 83.54%.

Strange there is no "No. The fecker hasn't won a single bloody match." option. I'd assume from that he'll be waaaay down the list when they reveal the website vote (the one where they want you to vote on who should have been number 1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I love how they unashamedly talk about wrestlers not having "the look to be a top level WWE superstar." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I love how they unashamedly talk about wrestlers not having "the look to be a top level WWE superstar." :rolleyes:

It's like They want Otunga or something. ;)

When does the eliminations/vote offs start?

The first Rookie elimination will take place on next week's WWE NXT on SyFy. Justin Gabriel won last night's Rookie Challenge and will not be eligible for elimination on next week's show.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The first Rookie elimination will take place on next week's WWE NXT on SyFy. Justin Gabriel won last night's Rookie Challenge and will not be eligible for elimination on next week's show.

I've a major feeling the final 3 in NXT will be Gabriel, Wade and Bryan

• Advertisement

Rating's for NXT:

Week 1 - 1.3
    Week 2 - 1.24
    Week 3 - 1.0
    Week 4 - 0.9
    Week 5 - 0.9
    Week 6 - 1.0
    Week 7 - 0.94
    Week 8 - 1.01
    Week 9 - 0.88
    Week 10 - 0.79
    Week 11 - 0.81

Reports are that NXT will be moving to BRAVO in the US when SmackDown comes to SyFy

Advertisement