Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does my bum look big in this squat rack?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm sickly jealous and very proud. I still remember you as the *generic insulting term* squatting 160kg in cons in TF. Well done!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

And you don't even look too fat either!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Animal lifting man... quarter tonne is a big milestone! Beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hanley wrote: »
    And you don't even look too fat either!

101kg

Svelte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Strong!

I have a side question out of curiosity. Does anyone powerlift that doesn't listen to heavy metal? It seems to be a requirement. Hedley listening to 5ive aside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Fair play, great squatting!
    That's also a pretty ****ing intense video. Your yelp is right on cue with the music breaking down to the guitar riff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Serious fight. Nice!

token wrote: »
    Strong!

I have a side question out of curiosity. Does anyone powerlift that doesn't listen to heavy metal? It seems to be a requirement. Hedley listening to 5ive aside.

A lot of the time I listen to Off the ball on newstalk but for heavy sets I tend to go with some kind of heavy music but it doesn't have to be metal. Nothing sucks the intensity out of the air like a **** song.

I don't actually like getting too hyped up before a set, unless its a big PR attempt I won't bother. You can over train that too and then it becomes hard to get a bit of a boost for the big lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Great effort on that lift Kev.
    Well done.

The maniacal laugh was my favourite part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Great effort on that lift Kev.
    Well done.

Absolute animal lifting! well done! Yeah I loved the laugh, very evil-villain-esque!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

Awesome stuff Kev :eek:

With that laugh, I think you could be a villian in the next Batman movie - Power-Man :cool:

BTW the 220 x 4 x 3 was fcuking unreal...

Laughing uses up quite a lot of oxygen apparently. I actually nearly blacked out after it. Would have been epic if I did actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Have you decided what meet your 'comeback' is going to be?

Seems like there'll be a few of us doing the IPO's.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Awesome! You look lean. Thought you were gonna fall backwards through the garage door half way up. Nice lol outta ya.

Inspirational after your injury. Well done! What a lift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

respect.....

extra respect for the laugh

Da Za wrote: »
    Have you decided what meet your 'comeback' is going to be?

Seems like there'll be a few of us doing the IPO's.

I really messed up the cycles to be ready for March so maybe June is more realistic. Spent the last few weeks trying to remember how to bench and deadlift. My bench is actually focked after all the shoulder and elbow stress from Smolov.

I really don't care though. Just want to run another squat cycle to get it higher again for June.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Just saw this log for the first time in ages and I just wanted to say...

3cm clearance each side of the bar, no one to spot or supervise, metal on so loud that no one could possibly hear you call for help should anything happen...

It should make me tut tut and ask where your safety goggles were, but no.

I believe in kevpants.

Just saw this log for the first time in ages and I just wanted to say...

3cm clearance each side of the bar, no one to spot or supervise, metal on so loud that no one could possibly hear you call for help should anything happen...

It should make me tut tut and ask where your safety goggles were, but no.

I believe in kevpants.

I lke the way you prefaced the praise with an insult about not reading my log. Classic Barry!

Guess what !? I'm running Smolov again! Running the base off a 230 max. Monday was 170 5x9 which was grand. Just to shake things up I'm going to attempt to complete Smolov while on a Keto diet. Dunno if it can be done but watch this space for hilarious & gruesome footage of my attempts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

kevpants wrote: »
    Guess what !? I'm running Smolov again! Running the base off a 230 max. Monday was 170 5x9 which was grand. Just to shake things up I'm going to attempt to complete Smolov while on a Keto diet. Dunno if it can be done but watch this space for hilarious & gruesome footage of my attempts!

I have no words.

You're a sick man!

Paudee wrote: »
    I have no words.

You're a sick man!

182.5 for 5 sets of 7 today which was day 3 of Keto. Supposedly the day your glycogen runs out so should be the weakest day. Felt grand.

Recovery will be an issue but I might just take extra rest days. I know I'll miss reps, just want to see if I'm able for it really. It was Smolov Keto or take up some kind of self flagellation

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I lke the way you prefaced the praise with an insult about not reading my log. Classic Barry!
    I am the master of the praisesult.

I think self-fellation sounds better than Keto Smolov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

gonna do a carb-up before max testing?

You're f*cking nuts... I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This madness seems to be going ok. Last 2 sessions were done completely carbless and in full keto swing. 195kg 7x5 and 205kg 10x3. To be fair there was a 2 day and 3 day gap between sessions so extra recovery time. Was off work all week and down in Wexford for most of it. Called into Paul Roberts place, ProFitness Supplies, he's a nice bloke and very helpful. Spent 2 hours chatting about training, had the wife and daughter with me, told them it would be a 10 minute visit, they hate me now. Picked up some new wrist wraps and my first set of knee wraps. Looking forward to testing them out. Carb refeed started on Friday night and kinda hasn't stopped yet. Lamb Achari and garlic nan en route as we speak. Back to it tomorrow. Haven't weighed myself all week but I "feel" smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

but I "feel" smaller.

a man should never utter those words with joy....

what knee wraps did you get? Used em' yet??

COH wrote: »
    what knee wraps did you get? Used em' yet??

The titan ones with the orange stripe. Only used them in the sitting room playing dress up. Will throw them on when I test post Smolov to artificially inflate my numbers/internet presence.

175 4x9 last night. I'm into the final week of the base and I haven't missed a rep yet. Weight is down to 99kg from about 103kg at the start of Ketov (Copyright 2012 kevpants Ltd) which is perfect as far as gradual fat loss without impacting training goes.

The titan ones with the orange stripe. Only used them in the sitting room playing dress up. Will throw them on when I test post Smolov to artificially inflate my numbers/internet presence.

If you haven't used wraps before this is a good vid...

• Advertisement

Excellent thanks, I was meaning to start a thread asking how to do it!

Advertisement