Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ugh, I've hit a gaming rut :(

After finishing DA: Inquisition, i can't seem to get into anything. Tried a few different genres, and none of them hold my attention for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So looks like Ubisoft are banning all keys and removing games from libraries for games purchased from places like g2a and kinguin.
    Are they bringing lawsuits against places such as Kinguin and G2A? Otherwise it looks like they just don't have enough proof of this happening, and just pulling the licenses themselves to cause people to stop buying from the aforementioned sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kiith wrote: »

After finishing DA: Inquisition, i can't seem to get into anything. Tried a few different genres, and none of them hold my attention for very long.

my plan is to start Alien Isolation after I finish DA: Inq, but that could be a while as I am nearly 70 hours in and no end in sight as I haven't even fought a dragon yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Do you have Garrys Mod?
    If not, its a sandbox for mods so you can connect to a server and play CTF deathmatch and connect to a different server and build a spaceship and fly it to colonise a planet then try a different server and play Prop Hunt.
    It's like the ultimate game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Do you have Garrys Mod?
    If not, its a sandbox for mods so you can connect to a server and play CTF deathmatch and connect to a different server and build a spaceship and fly it to colonise a planet then try a different server and play Prop Hunt.
    It's like the ultimate game.

I used to do a lot of coding in GMod and ran quite the popular TTT server (About 20th in the EU) and I would agree with you that it is the ultimate game.. that is before gmod 13 :( Gimme 12 back!

• Advertisement

Have been using Idle Master these past few days to get the steam cards I can't be bothered playing for.

Nice little app. Emulates you playing the games and racks up the cards for you. After a day or two I have gotten enough cards to earn about 12 euro on the market. Another day or two and I will be getting homeworld for free :D

Of course you need games with drops remaining to be able to get the cards in the first place. If anyone thinks it is dodgy (and I did too at first) the full source is available and I personally went through it and it's on the up and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

been using it for about a month and I still have 484 games to go :D

Skerries wrote: »
    been using it for about a month and I still have 484 games to go :D

276 here with 1026 drops left. I already had many of my drops happen from playing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Using Steam Idle as well recently, sold a bunch of cards I didn't want and have already made €2.50 from them and haven't made a dent on my total amount of cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have been using Idle Master these past few days to get the steam cards I can't be bothered playing for.
    Do you need the games installed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

the_syco wrote: »
    Do you need the games installed?

No, that's the beauty of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I'm too new to be part of the boards' Steam Gifts group, but I must admit that I really like the new version of the site. It's been down for about a week, but is now hugely improved. Much slicker, faster and with improved/increased functionality.

My new components & case arrived from Hardwareversand today :)

http://i.imgur.com/9GS9DAb.jpg?1

- Intel Core i7-4790K Box, LGA1150
    - 16GB-Kit HyperX FURY Blue 1866MHz DDR3 CL10
    - ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER Gaming MB, Sockel 1150, ATX
    - Corsair Enthusiast Series RM1000, Modular, 80 Plus Gold 1000 Watt
    - NOCTUA NH-D15

http://i.imgur.com/9GS9DAb.jpg?1

- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower (Cat was more excited than I was)

Transferring my already current GTX 970 and SSD/HDD's into this build. I plan on doing a bit of Overclocking this year and also might try SLI hence the NOCTUA NH-D15 and 1000W PSU. I know the 1000w PSU is too much for SLI but wanted the extra power there just in case with all the extra fans and any room for anything else down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nice upgrade m8. Really nice PSU, but it is really overkill lol. 970 sli could easily run on RM 650 psu :D.

I sow that Storm trooper case, its nice, but I like a bit more clean look myself, something like Corsair 750D. Cooler Master cases just look too busy for my tase, if that even makes any sense. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The cat really wants to get in that box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Cravez wrote: »
    My new components & case arrived from Hardwareversand today :)

What gpu do u currently have?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The cat really wants to get in that box :)
    I never even noticed the cat! That must mean the case is a good choice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Fallout 4k here you come!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    What gpu do u currently have?

GTX 970 ACX 2.0 FTW Edition
    I never even noticed the cat! That must mean the case is a good choice :p

She loves boxes (as most cats do I think), you can buy a cat alot of toys but they always prefer a good cardboard box :D
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    Fallout 4k here you come!

It would be interesting to try it if I go the SLI route :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

She loves boxes (as most cats do I think), you can buy a cat alot of toys but they always prefer a good cardboard box :D

• Advertisement

Nice upgrade m8. Really nice PSU, but it is really overkill lol. 970 sli could easily run on RM 650 psu :D.

Admittedly it is a bit overkill but I wanted the piece of mind that I wouldn't get stutters, poor performance or crashing if I did try SLI. I was also reading that 650watts cuts it a little bit close for GTX 970 SLI's. At least its there anyway and will most likely have the PSU for a very long time.

I sow that Storm trooper case, its nice, but I like a bit more clean look myself, something like Corsair 750D. Cooler Master cases just look too busy for my tase, if that even makes any sense. :p

I know what you mean :). I am currently using a NZXT Phantom which is a great case (both practically and aesthetically) but wanted the extra space for SLI, Noctua Cooler, Cable Management and Cooling where the CM Storm Trooper fitted the requirements as it has tons of space, additional areas for extra fans and it has a manual fan controller which is something I wanted.

I have

I7 4770k
    Asus HD7 D3H
    evga 970 SC
    250SSD for my favorite games
    12SSD for OS and duelbooting
    1TB Seagate Black
    8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
    ZALMAN 600W PSU
    COSAIRE K60 Vengeance keyboard
    Razer abyssuss mouse

Question, I make a newbie mistake with the mobo it is not overclockable and has no sli. Do ye reckon I'll get plenty of mileage as is or is a new PSU and mobo a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On the topic of Ubisoft and those cancelled keys...

Deactivated Ubisoft game keys were bought from EA's Origin using stolen credit cards

If true, it basically shows the Kinguin CMO was lying is ass off about the source of the keys. Then again, this is the company who was reselling Humble Bundle keys awhile back. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have that case, wouldnt fit under my desk so now lives on top of it :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have that case, wouldnt fit under my desk so now lives on top of it :(

I thought it looked familiar to one of the boardsie pics. I have an Expedit desk from IKEA which is quite high (lots of space for a mid tower) so Im hoping this case will fit.

What do you think of the case in general though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I have

I7 4770k
    Asus HD7 D3H
    evga 970 SC
    250SSD for my favorite games
    12SSD for OS and duelbooting
    1TB Seagate Black
    8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
    ZALMAN 600W PSU
    COSAIRE K60 Vengeance keyboard
    Razer abyssuss mouse

Question, I make a newbie mistake with the mobo it is not overclockable and has no sli. Do ye reckon I'll get plenty of mileage as is or is a new PSU and mobo a good idea?

Gaming at 1080p that build will be good for a few years at max settings so no i wouldnt do anything with it,shame not going to be able to see what the 4770K can do with a nice overclock on it. At stock should still be more than enough for gaming though

What do you think of the case in general though?

Excellent case, stupid amount of fans on it but have never needed to turn the extra ones on.

Nice that they are tho.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Gaming at 1080p that build will be good for a few years at max settings so no i wouldnt do anything with it,shame not going to be able to see what the 4770K can do with a nice overclock on it. At stock should still be more than enough for gaming though

Cheers one last thing is everyone agreed 8gb ram is more then enough?

Also saw this great article about total conversion mods! Another reason pc gaming rocks!

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-total-conversion-mods-ever/

Also saw this great article about total conversion mods! Another reason pc gaming rocks!

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-total-conversion-mods-ever/

Downloaded the oblvion one and realised I didnt have it in my steam account.

Its on a round shaped object that goes into a round shaped object holder, seems i cant locate either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yup,for gaming its the sweet spot atm.

Advertisement