Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adventure Diving, Bettystown.

Options
  • 26-11-2011 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

Mark & Lesley, good friends to me and I'm sure to many other users of this forum, sent out this message by email today.
    After over 11 years, Adventure Diving will be closing down this Christmas.

We're having a closing down sale starting this Saturday. 

All stock reduced to clear.   Discounts marked on individual items in store.

We have changed our opening hours to facilitiate people getting to us after work mid week- see sidebar.

We'd like to take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to everyone for your custom and friendship over the years.   We've tons of fantastic memories (and photos!) of everything from local diving, dive trips around Ireland, our trips abroad and dive courses.   For us, it's very sad to see the end of Adventure Diving as it has been a huge part of our lives for so long.  But life moves on and we now need to prioritise our family commitments.   We intend to continue diving, and we hope you do too!

We hope to see you at some stage, above or below water, in the future!

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012

Regular readers will know that I did virtually all my training with them, bought virtually all my gear from them, and went on virtually all my dive trips with them. And I'm not alone. In 11 years, Mark & Lesley (along with Liam, Anto, Mike, Simon and one or two others) trained hundreds of divers, from Discover Scuba right up to DiveMaster and Assistant Instructor. They will be sorely missed from the dive scene in the North East.

But, they're having a closing down sale, between now and Wed 21 Dec.
    So get down there to say goodbye, and maybe pick yourself up a bargain too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bren86

Mark & Lesley, good friends to me and I'm sure to many other users of this forum, sent out this message by email today.
    After over 11 years, Adventure Diving will be closing down this Christmas.

We're having a closing down sale starting this Saturday. 

All stock reduced to clear.   Discounts marked on individual items in store.

We have changed our opening hours to facilitiate people getting to us after work mid week- see sidebar.

We'd like to take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to everyone for your custom and friendship over the years.   We've tons of fantastic memories (and photos!) of everything from local diving, dive trips around Ireland, our trips abroad and dive courses.   For us, it's very sad to see the end of Adventure Diving as it has been a huge part of our lives for so long.  But life moves on and we now need to prioritise our family commitments.   We intend to continue diving, and we hope you do too!

We hope to see you at some stage, above or below water, in the future!

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012

Regular readers will know that I did virtually all my training with them, bought virtually all my gear from them, and went on virtually all my dive trips with them. And I'm not alone. In 11 years, Mark & Lesley (along with Liam, Anto, Mike, Simon and one or two others) trained hundreds of divers, from Discover Scuba right up to DiveMaster and Assistant Instructor. They will be sorely missed from the dive scene in the North East.

But, they're having a closing down sale, between now and Wed 21 Dec.
    So get down there to say goodbye, and maybe pick yourself up a bargain too.
    Well said R.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

That's very sad. I would rather spend some of my money there than where I have been, but they were too far away from my no-car self. I think it was Mark who trained with one of our instructors in my club many many moons & tides ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Its a shame to see any business go
    I always found them a bit overpriced and the loss of the boat kinda done for them i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Ah thats a shame. I'm sure there will be some clubless divers about the place in the New Year. Anyone in the N/East I'd reccomend Dive Inn Scuba great set up.

Must pop down and see if can pick up a bargain.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The local mod is not online so I'll step in here

I've deleted a number of posts. Never post unsubstantiated claims against any business on Boards. By unsubstantiated I would expect at teh very least there to be public documents backing up any claims before they could be reported. Take up your problems with the business directly

Do not respond to this warning in-thread. If anyone has a question about it PM the local mod, or in their absence one of the CMods

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement