Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve SI wrote: »
    Dr Bob wrote: »
    Ive a spare 3c for trade if youre interested ( and a jornada as well)

Might be interested all right.
    Whats the model of jornada?
    It's a hp jornada , the 720 ...heres a pic of both , have to dig up the charger and test it img20120301224543.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Dr Bob wrote: »
    It's a hp jornada , the 720 ...heres a pic of both , have to dig up the charger and test it img20120301224543.th.jpg

Yeah, check them out and see if everything is working and let me know and I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

Cheers Dr Luas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I always wanted a Toshiba Libretto, little paperback sized PCs, running full Windows 95 as well, always thought they were cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not the biggest haul ever. But still nice :)

(Click for bigger pics)

DSC_0903%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC_0905%20%28Custom%29.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bit of an ebay splurge there, Ducktales caught my eye. As did one or two others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

These arrived today:

1. Complete set of Bomberman Nintendo DS styluseseses and a set of pry tools for iPod, DS, PSP etc.
    eYGd0.jpg

2. Zero Wing and Hellfire [NTSC-J, Mega Drive]
    eM2Pl.jpg
    uMxim.jpg
    KIUjv.jpg
    TSriR.jpg
    x8g4L.jpg
    F0IBA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyong, where did you pick up that SFC Super Aleste that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Parawind

+1 for the Hellfire love!

Picked myself up a copy of Blinx: The Time Sweeper in Rage today, not too retro but a game i had always meant to try out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A non 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us' copy of Zero Wing? Shameful stuff ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Talking of Toaplan, I have a mind to pick up Fire Shark for the MD.
    I always loved it on the Spectrum and it feels, at times, like a proto Raiden, not sure why, just does! It goes for about a tenner or so, postage extra.
    Did it ever get an EU release on the MD?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice shmups Pyong, they CIB or cart & case? Artwork on the Zero Wing box is cool. Damn those ebay "Make an Offer" buttons, picked up another board today not expecting my offer to be accepted. :o

@Ciderman: Not familiar with Fire Shark, was that not a bit late for a speccy game though, 1989? Had a look at a youtube vid of the pcb and it does have a bit of a Raiden vibe to it actually, looks good.

Fire Shark was the western name for Same! Same! Same! by Toaplan. Awesome game, one for my collection in future.

Hellfire is CIB. Zero Wing is cart and case unfortunately. But the price was beautiful so hence the purchase. I'll buy the manual or buy a CIB another day.

The meme is grand but I'd rather have the original as God intended. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked up the NR reader this evening. Haven't looked at all the discs yet but I'll throw up pics when I can sneak it into the house without the mother noticing. If she knew how much I spent on it well let's just say retr0s mother wouldn't have **** on her!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Pyong, where did you pick up that SFC Super Aleste that time?

Got mine from a lad in the UK. Private sale I think, I forget! :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Fire Shark was the western name for Same! Same! Same! by Toaplan. Awesome game, one for my collection in future.

Hellfire is CIB. Zero Wing is cart and case unfortunately. But the price was beautiful so hence the purchase. I'll buy the manual or buy a CIB another day.

The meme is grand but I'd rather have the original as God intended. :)

CATS > God.

CATS > God.

Person that designed the XE-1 Pro HE > God!

CATS > All. Make your time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So nothing too exciting games wise, all of them seem to be late builds of the games.

Still, awesome thing to have! Sorry about all the pics and some are upside down.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpgIMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpgIMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpgIMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh sweet jesus, I haven't had this high a level of want since the last picture I saw of Georgia Salpa.

Even if they're late builds, you have so many discs there that there has to be differences on some of them.

If I were you I'd put up a thread over on the assemblergames forum or something just to get another opinion.

Fantastic stuff though, I am super jealous!

Definitely throw this up at Assembler. Lots of experts there who could help you out with what you have there.

Excellent pickups Armand Van Halen!

• Advertisement

Thanks :) I will have to be a scrooge for the rest of the month but I figured it was a once in a lifetime thing. I'll pop a thread on assembler during the week and see if I can get more info. Only popped it on for a few minutes and as far as the main menu it's the exact same. Haven't played any of the games yet, just put a couple of them in for a few minutes and they look like retail versions but there might be some differences. No debug menus or anything like that. Also got a little bit of back story on where it came from but I'd rather not divulge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Well here goes,

I really wasn't going to post this as it is extremely inappropriate....

But I got a....

PS2 Network Adapter in the post today. :p

The loading times are fantastic! And no more having to pull game out of their boxes!

Might even try some netplay soon too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks :) I will have to be a scrooge for the rest of the month but I figured it was a once in a lifetime thing. I'll pop a thread on assembler during the week and see if I can get more info. Only popped it on for a few minutes and as far as the main menu it's the exact same. Haven't played any of the games yet, just put a couple of them in for a few minutes and they look like retail versions but there might be some differences. No debug menus or anything like that. Also got a little bit of back story on where it came from but I'd rather not divulge :P

The previous owner at the time of "purchase"? :p

090304nipriot_2-123635563547050500.jpg

Seriously though, cool stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also got a little bit of back story on where it came from but I'd rather not divulge :P

You can't tease us like that!

Let me guess, either a magazine closing down smash and grab

or else something involving activision being bastards?

Hot or cold? :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can't tease us like that!

Let me guess, either a magazine closing down smash and grab

or else something involving activision being bastards?

Hot or cold? :P

....warm.

Well done, I would've considered buying it myself but it seemed too steep, looking at it now it was a great buy, wonderful.
    I wonder, through what channels , will you be able to pick up some early builds or cancelled games? I'm sure there are a number of games that were never realised but made it to various parties in early forms, well now you can play them.

Well thing is, after doing a bit of research, the NR readers themselves are easier to come by than discs with anything on them. Most forums I looked at where people owned them said they had no NR discs to play. As we all know Nintendo dev stuff is quite hard to come by but I'll be keeping an eye out for any discs that may pop up. also afaik you need a special NR burner to burn games to do the unused discs I got are not really of use!

Yeah, read that about the burner as well, but still, it's pretty damn cool.
    Plus, it's a nice colour, is that teal?? :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, read that about the burner as well, but still, it's pretty damn cool.
    Plus, it's a nice colour, is that teal?? :)

It is indeed teal! The other dev units that took special hard drive cartridge things were pink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well in a bid to calm my nerves after almost blowing the house up, I thought I'd buy something. (!)

Pre ordered Nightmare Busters for the Snes. It was to be an official Snes game, just got canned. And Super Fight team have acquired the license.

If there's a game which is going to increase in value way passed the pre order price, that's it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement