Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

No threads about Tera? Interesting...

• 08-02-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I havent been on these forums in ages. I was expecting to see quite a few Tera threads.

Beta is live (in parts).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Has anyone pre ordered yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nope, and probably won't be. Going to wait for reviews on this, and than make up my mind.

For the 1st time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

A massive flop in Korea where it was targetted during design.

Is not unique, there is plenty of these styles of Asian MMO's that simply dont transfer well to here. The animation looks incredible, the worlds look great, but thats that typical over the top animation and art design that just doesnt do well here in Europe,

Plus you cant target mobs..wtf?

Dont think it will do well : /

It should be applauded for trying to do things differently imo. The last thing we need is another Warcraft clone in a different skin. The combat looks really interesting, and is the main reason i'm interested in it. Granted, graphically it looks excellent, but that's not as important as combat for me.

It'll probably keep me entertained until GW2 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

TheDoc wrote: »

I think thats the game's main selling point that makes it stand out from the rest of the wow/eq-clones. But maybe thats where it ends. In the end its not the combat that makes us play MMOs its progressing and creating our characters etc

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

A massive flop in Korea where it was targetted during design.

Is not unique, there is plenty of these styles of Asian MMO's that simply dont transfer well to here. The animation looks incredible, the worlds look great, but thats that typical over the top animation and art design that just doesnt do well here in Europe,

Dont think it will do well : /

As far as I know, it has been reworked a fair bit for the "western world".

It still looks fairly Asian to me but I'm interested in how the politics will work out etc.

The "flop" in Korea was apparently because the game was too easy of a grind.
    Over there, the bigger the grind is, the bigger the achievement it is to be on the list of people who have completed it.
    Everyone was on the list for Tera so nobody felt special I guess :(

And I'm not sure how much autoaim there is in this but I have heard you must aim in order to aim most stuff, especially in PvP.

But yeah, its probably gonna tie some people over untill GW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it was supposed to released here and the states last year, but they've made a lot more changes to it for us westerners.

I was excited about this, but just lost interest because it's taken so long. Apparently its an early may release. Tbh i will probably end up buying it if diablo3 still hasnt been released by then. But i probably wont sub it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

gonna check out the beta tomorrow, been looking forward to it to be honest, something different. Still gonna be playing rift though :P

I just can't wait to create my own slut.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 h4rDm0d

Im addicted, everyone should play this game, its in closed beta atm, and servers are only online friday-sunday.

I would recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Deffo wait for reviews, just don't trust asian mmo's, they really aren't suited for western gamers

KilOit wrote: »
    Deffo wait for reviews, just don't trust asian mmo's, they really aren't suited for western gamers

I thought the reason why Tera was being released 12 months later in the west was, so they could make it more suited for western gamers.

it is, at least thats what bluehole (terrible name) have been saying about its delayed release anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

how much will the sub be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Will buy a virtual copy when it comes out, cba to go through beta testing again, deffo looks interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I'm in closed beta atm ... looks good so far!

There are still over 1000 beta keys available on MMORPG.com if anyone is interested. Beta is this weekend.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/324/TERA-Beta-Key-Handout.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Thank you; I'll give it a whirl and see how I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith wrote: »
    There are still over 1000 beta keys available on MMORPG.com if anyone is interested. Beta is this weekend.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/324/TERA-Beta-Key-Handout.html

No keys left :(

• Advertisement

I pre ordered for 4.95 euro and got the key.

Client is massive :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've been playing this weekend (Slayer, level 11, almost 12 with a couple of hours game play) and it's a very nice game. It has races actually looking different, the whole thing with no targeting etc. is nice as well and it is something different then WoW. If you're a PvEer it looks like something people may want to check out.

Sadly for me I appear burned out on MMO PvE games at the moment so not my kettle of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Nody wrote: »
    I've been playing this weekend (Slayer, level 11, almost 12 with a couple of hours game play) and it's a very nice game. It has races actually looking different, the whole thing with no targeting etc. is nice as well and it is something different then WoW. If you're a PvEer it looks like something people may want to check out.

Sadly for me I appear burned out on MMO PvE games at the moment so not my kettle of fish.

I thought the whole game was geared around PvP? Thats whats has me interested along with the no targeting and combos etc

I know i said i wasn't gonna beta test it but i was actually gonna check it out this weekend, but as i was working most of it i didn't have the 4-5h free to sit on my ass in a net cafe with decent dl speed to download the client during the last 4-5 days so any updates on how the Beta weekend went would be great.

Bloody work :(

Played a few hours over the weekend, but i'm still not sold on it to be honest. The combat is very good, but i'm not sure it's enough to keep me interested. It's very generic regarding quests, and it nothing but kill quests from what (admittedly little) i've seen. Not sure i've got the stomach for another grind fest, even if the combat is fun.

It also looks fantastic, though the Elin are kind of creepy.

Kiith wrote: »
    Played a few hours over the weekend, but i'm still not sold on it to be honest. The combat is very good, but i'm not sure it's enough to keep me interested. It's very generic regarding quests, and it nothing but kill quests from what (admittedly little) i've seen. Not sure i've got the stomach for another grind fest, even if the combat is fun.

It also looks fantastic, though the Elin are kind of creepy.
    They got the standard type of quests (gather from ground, delivery of item X etc.) as well; what I did like with the kill quests so far was they you always had a drop (i.e. no rare drop BS) and that you could reduce the killing required by killing the full group in one go (i.e. kill the hanger on mobs and the boss with in X sec and you got 2 items rather then one).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lostbooks

I managed to get one key for the second US closed beta but nothing since, I'll probably try the open beta in both US and EU. My initial impressions are good but I wouldn't pre order on an MMO unless I had absolute conviction it would hold my interest in the long term.

Open Beta US is April 19-22
    Open Beta EU is April 19-24

If you want to play the download is huge. Download before the tests if you want to play either closed or open betas.

I played the last couple of weekends and enjoyed the game but I don't think I'll be getting it when it's released. The monthly fee is what's stopping me.

• Advertisement

got into the closed beta this weekend, the client is pretty big. took around 2and half hours at 3mbps

beats the crap out of doing nothing in orgrimmar for the weekend :D

Advertisement