Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boss ME-50

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Feylya, what has you up at this ungodly hour? :confused:

:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I have no idea. It's been happening recently. I actually get into college these days :eek:

I think it's the ME-50.

New gear tends to induce insomnia :)

Actually, it's the other way round. I've been sleeping since I got it...

LOL, maybe i should get one too.

So has anyone used the ME-50 in a live situation then?

• Advertisement

Was at a gig on Saturday where they were using one in manual mode so it works like a stomp box. No delay in changing the sound but it's not as versitile.

Manual mode meaning no pre-programmed patches or what?

Yes. You have three buttons - OD/Distortion, Mod (chorus, flanger) and Delay. You can turn them on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

This might be what youre looking for.

Still has the same gap problem. The GT-8 has as well but they've put in some sort of fade thing that fades between patches so there isn't a gap but it's still not instant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

i really would have thought that'd be a simple problem to fix, it's insane, and they are so expensive as well. I presume they don't claim to be giggable on the box, otherwise that is grossly misleading advertising.

Of course they don't. It's really annoying me. Maybe I'll run two of them in parellel or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    Clean tone + Overdrive/Distorted tone

What else does one need? :confused:

Well, I'd say Clean, Overdrive/Distorted and Solo, that's what 3 channels are usually for, you usually do need a bit of a boost for the solos. But yes, I'm leaning more towards your point of view on the subject, less is more in my eyes. Although, I won't begrudge anyone who does like to use effects, I just know why I don't.

Another thing I've realised about the ME-50. It does not respond to your volume control on the guitar. It's either full distortion or nothing. Unless I'm doing something incredibly wrong...

Nidge wrote:
    I presume they don't claim to be giggable on the box, otherwise that is grossly misleading advertising.

Imagine that...if they weren't giggable what would be the point?

On second thought i dont think i even know of a pro who uses these things on stage....

Pro's can afford better gear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

You've got it spot on there NO pro uses these things or anything like near this range. They are either single pedals or Pods and crap. Hilariously enough i saw this band in Tower Records launching some album i think, they were playing as well and the guitarist was using an ME-50. I felt so sorry for him but i'm sure he thinks it's grand. But i mean if he is in a band that are launching an album i would have thought on a whole they'd have better equipment, i think their name was Lucera.

Meh, loads of people release albums and have dodgy equipment. I know one band up here, released an EP. The lead guitarist didn't even have his own amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

feylya wrote:
    The lead guitarist didn't even have his own amp.

LOL, that's my kind of lead guitarist :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

generally somethin like the mutli fxs described in this thread are good for recording and that is what they're used for

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    LOL, that's my kind of lead guitarist :p

A silent one? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Egg Sack Lee ;)

Damn bassists <_<

Nidge wrote:
    You've got it spot on there NO pro uses these things or anything like near this range. They are either single pedals or Pods and crap.

yeah, i guess you're right....one more reason why i would not shell out a couple of hundred for something like that.

feylya wrote:
    Another thing I've realised about the ME-50. It does not respond to your volume control on the guitar. It's either full distortion or nothing. Unless I'm doing something incredibly wrong...

Anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

feylya wrote:
    Anyone else have this problem?
    nope, i didn't when i had my gt3

That's crappy. It's full sound or it's nothing. With active or passive pickups, guitar or bass.

Advertisement