Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2012

• 02-02-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

Since spring training is only around the corner, who is interested in joining a Boards Fantasy Baseball for the upcoming season?

This league will be a non-keeper and will more than likely be head-to-head. Of course suggestions are welcome on rosters sizes and positions, scoring categories etc for the makeup of the league. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post and I will put up the initial list of players in a few days. Draft wont be until a week or so before the first games in Japan so there is plenty of time to get involved...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Count me in again for both leagues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah count me in lads, psyched for a good league with Irish players.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Count me in please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

yep definitely in. Its surely Hotballs time to shine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Definitely in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Okay guys, this is the list so far...

1. Coeus
    2. Malachyscott
    3. BigBadRob83
    4. UCD AFC
    5. Iang87
    6. namloc1980
    7. Masked Man

I'm going to be away for the next 2 weeks and may not get on the net that much. I'll check in here if I can and post an updated list if we get more players...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Count me in please..a newbie, but I'll try to learn quickly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hi all

Busy with "life" this year so will not commit to any additional leagues.
    I will run the Keeper league as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WallyWanka

Coeus wrote: »
    Okay guys, this is the list so far...

1. Coeus
    2. Malachyscott
    3. BigBadRob83
    4. UCD AFC
    5. Iang87
    6. namloc1980
    7. Masked Man

I'm going to be away for the next 2 weeks and may not get on the net that much. I'll check in here if I can and post an updated list if we get more players...

Yeah lads, count me in. Friend of BigBadRob83, big Red Sox fan.
    Been looking for good Irish league to play in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

in for both leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

In for both too cheers

Okay so thats 11 so far lads. Keep names coming in, maybe we'll have a larger league this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'm in for both. Are we keeping a few players from last year or is it starting from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

there is a separate keeper league for those who wish to continue with some of last years roster, bit of red

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Cheers. I'm up for all leagues either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Cheers. I'm up for all leagues either way.
    Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Wouldn't mind doing this myself. Never done a Fantasy Baseball League so would definitely be a newbie.

I've also been in to Baseball for years. Dodgers supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hi guys, we have a new Fantasy Sports forum for all sports:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535

I have started a thread on the non-keeper league:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056549959

Maybe we can use this thread moving forward and keep this forum to baseball chat only?

8-10 wrote: »
    Hi guys, we have a new Fantasy Sports forum for all sports:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535

I have started a thread on the non-keeper league:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056549959

Maybe we can use this thread moving forward and keep this forum to baseball chat only?
    Hey 8-10, was a decision made on where the fantasy baseball threads are to be located? I had a look at the fanatsy sports category and it looks to be dominated by fantasy football, I think we could get lost in there. I kinda like have the fanatsy baseball threads here as its easier to keep up. I'm sure the non-fantasy baseball player dont mind too much...I hope :)

Anyways thanks for posting an updated list. There are now 16 player interested players...

1. Coeus
    2. Malachyscott
    3. BigBadRob83
    4. UCD AFC
    5. Iang87
    6. namloc1980
    7. Masked Man
    8. Benimar
    9. WallyWanka
    10. smackbunnybaby
    11. 8-10
    12. bit of red72
    13. lankythecamel
    14. Grahamer666
    15. Summerskin
    16. gciddy

Entry is still open. We can leave it open for another week or 2 and then decide the makeup of the league(s).

• Advertisement

Hey 8-10, was a decision made on where the fantasy baseball threads are to be located? I had a look at the fanatsy sports category and it looks to be dominated by fantasy football, I think we could get lost in there. I kinda like have the fanatsy baseball threads here as its easier to keep up. I'm sure the non-fantasy baseball player dont mind too much...I hope :)

Anyways thanks for posting an updated list. There are now 16 player interested players...

1. Coeus
    2. Malachyscott
    3. BigBadRob83
    4. UCD AFC
    5. Iang87
    6. namloc1980
    7. Masked Man
    8. Benimar
    9. WallyWanka
    10. smackbunnybaby
    11. 8-10
    12. bit of red72
    13. lankythecamel
    14. Grahamer666
    15. Summerskin
    16. gciddy

Entry is still open. We can leave it open for another week or 2 and then decide the makeup of the league(s).

Yeah I strongly oppose having threads in that new forum. I have absolutely no idea how it got approved, such a blatantly backhand way of the fantasy soccer getting the forum it wanted. Any non soccer league that puts its forum there will die out rather quickly. Look at the stupid number of soccer related posts in there already.

Yeah I strongly oppose having threads in that new forum. I have absolutely no idea how it got approved, such a blatantly backhand way of the fantasy soccer getting the forum it wanted. Any non soccer league that puts its forum there will die out rather quickly. Look at the stupid number of soccer related posts in there already.
    I guess they maybe got the thread cos the the fantasy american football got a dedicated subforum. That was needed to help organise all the boards leagues that were run last year and to be fair it is well organised.

I think we'll have 3 leagues (2 keeper and 1 non-keeper) this year so that will be 3 league threads, that shouldn't clog up this baseball forum too much. We can keep all league related talk within their respective threads.

Hey guys,

Any idea what kind of league this is going to be and what website we'll be using, and who commish is?
    If needed, I could set up a poll for it as I had done something pretty similar for the Keeper League 2.0 (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550937 - still open to new owners) and got everyone to vote to decide scoring, rosters, trades, etc.

Hey guys,

Any idea what kind of league this is going to be and what website we'll be using, and who commish is?
    If needed, I could set up a poll for it as I had done something pretty similar for the Keeper League 2.0 (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550937 - still open to new owners) and got everyone to vote to decide scoring, rosters, trades, etc.
    Think it will be a head-to-head, 5x5 categorys with daily roster changes, similar to the settings we had in the boards.ie league last year. There will be a few new players so its best to keep it simple although if there is greater than 12 player it might be best to up it to a 6x6...

Since I started the thread I was going to commish it, if I do I would prefer to play in Yahoo. Have you set up your league yet? I was think of creating it in the 2 week of March and hold the draft in the few days before the games in Japan...

Think it will be a head-to-head, 5x5 categorys with daily roster changes, similar to the settings we had in the boards.ie league last year. There will be a few new players so its best to keep it simple although if there is greater than 12 player it might be best to up it to a 6x6...

Since I started the thread I was going to commish it, if I do I would prefer to play in Yahoo. Have you set up your league yet? I was think of creating it in the 2 week of March and hold the draft in the few days before the games in Japan...

Sounds good to me, although would wonder if everyone would be up for daily roster changes, especially in H2H can be big swing as usually guy who is more active on pitching changes can win the week. Would be able to do it most weeks myself but everyone in league might not be.

Have set up the Keeper League 2.0, doing it on ESPN, looks like it's going to be roto based on votes so far so will be good to have something different here.
    Can still change everything up until draft day thankfully, so have set it up so everyone can get ready beforehand.

Sounds good to me, although would wonder if everyone would be up for daily roster changes, especially in H2H can be big swing as usually guy who is more active on pitching changes can win the week. Would be able to do it most weeks myself but everyone in league might not be.

Have set up the Keeper League 2.0, doing it on ESPN, looks like it's going to be roto based on votes so far so will be good to have something different here.
    Can still change everything up until draft day thankfully, so have set it up so everyone can get ready beforehand.
    With daily roster changes you can set the lineups days (even weeks) in advance so you dont have to active daily. Having daily roster changes is good in H2H as it allows you to make changes to turn a matchup around. There will a max on player adds a week (4 is the default) so people have to think about who they bring in. I must get the default rules for Yahoo H2H leagues and post them...

With daily roster changes you can set the lineups days (even weeks) in advance so you dont have to active daily. Having daily roster changes is good in H2H as it allows you to make changes to turn a matchup around. There will a max on player adds a week (4 is the default) so people have to think about who they bring in. I must get the default rules for Yahoo H2H leagues and post them...

That sounds pretty good, sorry had misunderstood the first time, thought it would be madness dropping and adding pitchers every night.
    Was in league few years ago where guys would get 30-40 starts a week in pitching through pure activity and zero strategy, was pretty annoying.

Okay these are the default settings for a Yahoo H2H 5x5 league.

Season Type: Full
    Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time:
    Max Teams:

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: August 19, 2012
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
    Min Innings Pitched: 7
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
    Start Scoring on: Week 1 (Mar 28)
    Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
    Note: Week 25 runs 10 days from Sep 24 to Oct 3
    Playoff Reseeding: No
    Lock Eliminated Teams: No
    Divisions: No
    Make League Publicly Viewable: No
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Draft Time and number of teams are to be decided although the draft will take place before March 28th. Any comments or suggestions on the above are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

draft on the previous sunday maybe

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    draft on the previous sunday maybe
    Sunday 25th is good for me. Just got to make sure it dont clash with the live drafts for the keeper leagues if thats to be the date.

Advertisement