Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How's it gonna end?

• 28-05-2003 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

Seeing the trailer for T3 before the Matrix last night, I got thinking. T3 is obviously going to end with the humans winning - just like the other Terminator movies. Will the Matrix do the same?
    Will it cop out like so many other movies and give us the happy ending?
    For me, one of the things that ruins so many movies is the happy ending. In Minority Report, why couldn't Anderson have
    just killed the guy like it was predicted and gone to prison for it. Instead we got a happy hollywood ending where the good guy wins - everyone seems to forget he killed a man!!
    So two things, how would you change the endings to some movies (like 'What Lies Beneath' etc.) and more importantly how would you end the Matrix trilogy.
    I'm backing the machines to win out and the Matrix gets rebooted. That would be a great ending.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you've got a point mate.

hands up who knows the biggest gorssing movie of all time (for a couple more weeks anyway;).

Titanic! And that was a miserable ending with 1000's of people dying including the main character and lover of the other main character.

Absolutely horrible (not to mention the film itself being horrible), and it made more money than any other movie in history.

Fair point.

I still think Neo should turn out to be a Terminator and Arnie is actually Kaiser Sosé, and not a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Arlington (spelling) Road, The Bad guys won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Bacchus
    In Minority Report, why couldn't Anderson have
    just killed the guy like it was predicted and gone to prison for it. Instead we got a happy hollywood ending where the good guy wins - everyone seems to forget he killed a man!!
    i thought he killed that guy accidentally.

i reckon revolutions is going to end the same way as you think, the matrix gets rebooted & we get to see
    the 7th matrix & the 7th one being created

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Complete rubbish, clearly
    Morpheus is Kaiser Sozé, and the matrix was just a hoax to get Neo to admit it was him who stole the truck full of guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd orgasm if the closing shot ot Revolutions was just a panning shot of humanity still in their little pods in the real world. Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i bet its going to end up with both humans and machines being free.
    i reckon Neo is a program in the "real" world, which is just another matrix, designed to save both man and machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

I think
    a.) Neo is a program - Agent smith "part of you got copied onto me"
    - how can a human get copied onto a program.

b.) Neo's ai is getting more advanced with each reincarnation of the matrix - this time he has been able to truely love someone - no other program has achieved love.

c.) Agent smith is the real threat to the matrix, he is more of an anomaly than neo now we will see a lot more of this in revolutions.

d.) The french guy or perhaps the counsel member was a previous one - as stated on other threads.

d.) The real world is long since uninhabited, the matrix was created as a solution for man and/or machine to co-exist - "the machines need us and we need them"

Draco: Use spoilers you twat. Not everyone has see Reloaded yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

I think its gonna end
    Contact style where she(neo) shoots off into space only to find the aliens were really her father(trinity) and the matrix was all a big joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Apologies Draco

I thought the title of the thread was fairly
    self explanatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I dont know why but i reckon that the young guy
    in reloaded that neo was supposed to have saved,
    will play an integral role in revolutions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    I dont know why but i reckon that the young guy
    in reloaded that neo was supposed to have saved,
    will play an integral role in revolutions.

One of the animatrix cartoons seems to give a detailed description about the young guy your talking about.

Its called Kids Story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

the happy ending works, the trick is to put the characters in a situation where a happy ending seems impossible.
    Triumph in the face of adversity

Advertisement