Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware People Calling to Your Door (Charities)

• 24-05-2012 1:45pm

just has a knock at the door in the raheen area looking for donate 70c a day for dogs trust aka total fundrasing

i had to listen to her for like 5 mins before i said i am busy i need to go

she said ill come back at 8pm ..... guess ill avoid at the door at this time

there so annoying go away :(

oh and if you want theyll take credit card details or direct debt from you :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

just has a knock at the door in the raheen area looking for donate 70c a day for dogs trust aka total fundrasing

oh and if you want theyll take credit card details or direct debt from you :rolleyes:

Sounds like total scam , thanks for heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Is there a dogs trust in Limerick? I seem to remember them saying they would not fund raise in areas where they did not have a presence because they might take funding away from other local charities such as LAW.

• :rolleyes:
    Limericks wrote: »
    Is there a dogs trust in Limerick? I seem to remember them saying they would not fund raise in areas where they did not have a presence because they might take funding away from other local charities such as LAW.

i dnt care what they do just stop knocking at my front door just your super fake smile and oh its lovely day inist now give me money for doggies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Limericks wrote: »

I remember having this conversation before ( on here I think ) and I believe it ended in " No , the don't have a Dogs Trust in Limerick and No , they shouldn't be fund raising around Limerick ".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I love this crowd. I said "No, thank you" one day and he responded "You must hate dogs"

FVCK OFF !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just tell them that if they leave you their bank account number you would be happy to transfer a donation to that account.

Watch how quickly you will be told that they would not hand out their personal details to a stranger. Funny how they have no problem asking a total stranger to hand over acoount/CC details to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What people should watch out for is a bunch of chancers going door to door offering to steam clean driveways and also to clean gutters.

They have a white van with their company name on the side of it, with no land line numbers just a mobile.

They were working on a house near my friend's house and knocked on her door asking if she needed the gutters cleaned or the walls steam cleaned. I arrived while they were next door and a few minutes later my friend got a knock on the door looking for payment for the job despite them not having even gone near the gutters. He was adamant that he had done the job and that he had climbed over the back wall to do so in order not to disturb her. (bearing in mind that you cannot climb over the back wall as the backs of the houses are directly onto the backs of another row of houses.

When I came out and challenged him on it, he stalled for a few seconds and then came out with "oh right I forgot I had not done it, but you can pay now and I will get right onto it." so he was told thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Kess73 wrote: »
    They have a white van with their company name on the side of it, with no land line numbers just a mobile.

Sometimes those signs on the side of the van are magnetic, as soon as they rip you off & are gone, sign comes off easy, making them more difficult to identify if guards are looking for them

Just something else to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dogs trust - were around not too long ago. Ladies in the house gave them money and bought a stuffed toy from them. I'd rather give my money to LAW

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mullan1983

Sounds dodge, thanks for the heads up on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

jonski wrote: »
    I remember having this conversation before ( on here I think ) and I believe it ended in " No , the don't have a Dogs Trust in Limerick and No , they shouldn't be fund raising around Limerick ".

Trust me, we are well aware of these dog operations, reminds me of one over in Raheen - its run by two cocker spaniels and a bitch called Trixie. Its a total front for a load of stuff from narcotics to counterfeit pedigree 18th century art.

They're always sniffing around looking for a new trick. Make no bones about it these are tough mutts and its no shaggy dog story either.

- Best thing you can do if you come in contact with them pawing at your leg and begging is roll over and play dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Melissa Inexpensive Archaeologist

Raiser wrote: »
    Trust me, we are well aware of these dog operations, reminds me of one over in Raheen - its run by two cocker spaniels and a bitch called Trixie. Its a total front for a load of stuff from narcotics to counterfeit pedigree 18th century art.

They're always sniffing around looking for a new trick. Make no bones about it these are tough mutts and its no shaggy dog story either.

- Best thing you can do if you come in contact with them pawing at your leg and begging is roll over and play dead.

The only response to that is..... :cool:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I love this crowd. I said "No, thank you" one day and he responded "You must hate dogs"

FVCK OFF !

I had something similar said to me and had the same reaction. I was at the time holding my dog in my hands (so it wouldn't run out the door), a dog who I'd just bought €25 shampoo for because he'd a skin condition! The cheek of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

a dog who I'd just bought €25 shampoo for because he'd a skin condition!

Because she's worth it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Because she's worth it? ;)

Ha! It was prescribed by the vet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw them around Raheen shop earlier (dogs trust that is)

Advertisement