Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New building work in Tipperary Town – Supermacs and other fast food spots

• 09-03-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Not sure if you could say the recession is well and truly over but great to see some new building working going on at the edge of the town.
    A new Supermacs, Pappa Johns, Sub Sandwich place and another restaurant are planned.

I’ve a severe dislike for Supermacs as a chipper but I don’t think it will affect the towns’ mains chippers much as its probably geared more towards passing transit trade. Still something positive for the town over all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

at the edge of the town

Which edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Across from Dunnes as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Paddico

chatjunkie wrote: »
    Across from Dunnes as far as I know

Thats it chatjunkie.
    Roundabout at Dunne's but into the left if your coming from the Limerick side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Paddico wrote: »
    Not sure if you could say the recession is well and truly over but great to see some new building working going on at the edge of the town.
    A new Supermacs, Pappa Johns, Sub Sandwich place and another restaurant are planned.

I’ve a severe dislike for Supermacs as a chipper but I don’t think it will affect the towns’ mains chippers much as its probably geared more towards passing transit trade. Still something positive for the town over all.

I wouldn't say the recession is over in town. take a stroll from the maid of erin to the aib. more shops closed than open I'm afraid. Multiple good premises-even the irish nationwide building- lying idle for years.

to be fair, I'd agree with the passing trade thing. p1sses people off not being able to park in any town not just tipp. very handy if you're driving to pull in there and loads of spaces to park. Great news on the job front too.

Local authority need to look at stimulating the town centre badly.

TBF I don’t think the empty shops is just recession related. A lot of people shop at the edge of Tipperary but never enter the town centre.
    30 years ago, Dunne's wanted to buy the old tower ballroom and cinema site but were blocked by the chamber of commerce and a number of other traders.
    Big mistake really.

That and the fact that the mart is now virtually gone.
    The market yard which is now practically redundant.
    The Parking.
    The list goes on of why the center is so quite.

20 years ago and I remember a real buzz about the town on a Friday. Aldi has bought a few back to the centre but sadly most people prefer to shop on the outskirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Maybe it's just me but when you hear of something new opening you think great and then you hear it another eating place, be it fast food, pizza place or restaurant, they talk about the obesity in adults and children ( which I see a lot of) and yet many eating places are opening up. Some I wonder how they survive but then again I do see a few closing down after a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

TBF I don’t think the empty shops is just recession related. A lot of people shop at the edge of Tipperary but never enter the town centre.
    30 years ago, Dunne's wanted to buy the old tower ballroom and cinema site but were blocked by the chamber of commerce and a number of other traders.
    Big mistake really.

That and the fact that the mart is now virtually gone.
    The market yard which is now practically redundant.
    The Parking.
    The list goes on of why the center is so quite.

20 years ago and I remember a real buzz about the town on a Friday. Aldi has bought a few back to the centre but sadly most people prefer to shop on the outskirts.

20 years ago I'm sure everytown was the same

Just wondering if anyone has tried Papa Johns or the Subs place out there.

I for one wont be supporting Supermacs. I think their food is totally juke and an absolute rip off. (add to the fact I've heard from a cousin of his that McDonagh is one of the greediest men in the west)
    14 chips in a plastic punnet and burgers that are just rank.

I'll be stick to the 3 or 4 local chippers in the town centre. Decent food and great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

When passing through tipp town I always stop in the orange garage (cant remember the Name) the deli and hot food selection is great imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Boscoirl wrote: »
    When passing through tipp town I always stop in the orange garage (cant remember the Name) the deli and hot food selection is great imo.

That's the Amber on the limerick road I'd guess. I've only ever gotten petrol there but I must say that their deli looks like a fantastic spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just wondering if anyone has tried Papa Johns or the Subs place out there.

I for one wont be supporting Supermacs. I think their food is totally juke and an absolute rip off. (add to the fact I've heard from a cousin of his that McDonagh is one of the greediest men in the west)
    14 chips in a plastic punnet and burgers that are just rank.

I'll be stick to the 3 or 4 local chippers in the town centre. Decent food and great value for money.

Which chipper is good? I have tried a few and found them to be v bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Expunge

What's the story with the surface of the Main Street of Tipp Town?

It's in a terrible state. More like a street in the Syrian cities of Aleppo or Homs.

SO, Tipp town has a shiny Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Dunnes, a Supermacs/Topaz motorway style stop- and the town centre is in a bit of a state.

Nice job, Tipp Co Co planners!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Expunge wrote: »
    What's the story with the surface of the Main Street of Tipp Town?

It's in a terrible state. More like a street in the Syrian cities of Aleppo or Homs.

SO, Tipp town has a shiny Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Dunnes, a Supermacs/Topaz motorway style stop- and the town centre is in a bit of a state.

Nice job, Tipp Co Co planners!

Couldn't agree more, the centre of Tipp looks like a war torn country. Empty buildings, closed shops, fast food places, bookies and pubs.

A complete and utter **** hole town.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Which chipper is good? I have tried a few and found them to be v bad.

McBurgers and Sargent Peppers are both very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

McBurgers and Sargent Peppers are both very good

Would have to disagree with you there. Tried both. Never again.

Advertisement