Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First T8

• 21-07-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

OK I have 7 tanks at T7.......
    US T29,T20
    USSR IS, KV-3, SU 14-1
    FR AMX 13-75
    UK Comet

Which one should I sell to get my first T8.... thinking IS

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

IS and buy an IS 3 :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My two cents (which may not be worth two cents).

KV-3 -> KV-4.

The KV-4 is very tough, but I found it slow and simply not fun to play despite being such a tough nut to crack.

Comet -> Centurion

The centurion is a good medium, good DPM, good acceleration. It's successor, the Cent Mk 7 is widely regarded as among the top few tier 9 meds.

IS -> IS3.

A general all rounder of a tank. It's pike nose may need some small adjustments to your game play.

T29 -> T32.

More of the same really.

T20 -> M26.

A bit more like the heavy line with a good mantlet, but a plain enough tank otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Thanks for the overview... great insight on the Comet..

I have the KV-4 and the T-32 already researched... but I make alot of kills in the KV3 and dont have great stats in the T29.... so need to get better at that...

so will focus on the closing out the research on the IS (about 15k to go) and then move on to the comet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

for me, from the list, would be the is3. (but think about t9, the is8 is pretty **** as a heavy)

whereas the st1 is a behemoth.

i rage sold the kv4 after having apalling stats in it after about 50 games(i know thats fook all). im 100% gonna buy it back, but lately im playing a lot more mediums, and to jump into a slow, 100 tonne tank was KILLING me.

t29 is awsome, i just about have the t32 unlocked.. hopefully its more of the same.. the m103 im looking forward to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    t29 is awsome, i just about have the t32 unlocked.. hopefully its more of the same.. the m103 im looking forward to.
    Problem with T32 is that it's a T29 that's one tier higher in matching (i.e. Tier 10 tanks). The gun is the same, the armor is pretty much the same etc. The M103 is lovely though; it's a real upgrade (esp.with gun upgrade) to the previous tank but T29 forward all play the same though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

T32 is fantastic. An all-rounder that can do lots of different jobs (e.g. taking hits, bouncing shells, sniping) which might harm it's effectiveness in say, a one-on-one brawl with an IS-3 but means it doesn't take a certain playstyle or attitude to master it like the AMX 50-100 or KV-4, so any decent tanker can use it and should do reasonably well with it.

Decent mobility, a nice gun with enough penetration, good damage and excellent reload (almost half the time of the IS3) and sweet gun depression, not to mention the almost unbelievable turret armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My vote goes to T32. The while line after M6 is just great with cherry slaped on it. I see that line being recommended to all new players.

Is line has Is-3, but that's about it. IS-8 has a personality problem. Great gun, but it's not a heavy tank. I don't have is-7 yet, but there is nothing about it that makes me get excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

T32 or IS3 are my votes.

T32 doesn't feel as uber as the T29 and it's no longer as god like when hull down (still great though). It really is more of the same having said that I've gone the full line and I like the M103 (very different play style as no long an armored turreted monster finished with the E5 (I think) which has a lovely accurate and high pen gun and a nice solid all rounder. (mostly my love of the US tanks is for their gun depression)

I've also just gotten up to the IS-3 max gun. It changes the tank completely and makes it fearsome. But because of its armored front it's takes a bit of getting used to and I find it gets tracked/ammo racked a lot.

I'm struggling to see what you should sell though although I don't have those UK or French tanks. I have kept all my T5+ tanks. I'd miss playing the occasional round in the T20 or IS.

EDIT: fwiw I'd leave the Pershing upgrade for another time as well. I find it and the patton always seem to struggle against other nations. They're in my opinion very much 2nd line tanks but I guess bearing in mind what came before it just more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

as above, dont go for the patton, or fatton line.

i have the t10 unlocked now and i would never bother buying it, i think i will just sell the m46 patton again now. watch sir fochs review of the m46 and m48 patton, so bad. fairly slow, good at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

just some feedback on this.... I bought the T32 and the KV-4....

My god the T32 is just fantastic....the only time I get in trouble is in the Tier 10 games.. where it is hard to be effective... but everything else it is just brilliant .. best tank I have played so far...

and you guessed it the KV-4 is just crap... my stats are terrible in it .. you absolutely need the 105mm gun before you can even start to penetrate anyone.. Then it is a bit better... The only decision to be made is whether to stick with it to get the ST-1.. or just revert and keep a great T7 KV-3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The ST-1 is a very significant improvement, particularly when upgraded. It even gets the tier 10 gun from the IS-4. But it's a slow and boring grind to get there.

Advertisement