Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Only been playing the game for a few months but I love the matilda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's just stupid tank and there is something wrong with its armour. No way it can bounce as much as it does from guns, that should just penetration it like paper.

Really depends how and where you're shooting it. Face on you should be getting pens otherwise you might just be skipping off the armour.

I don't find the armour very bouncy personally (I drive one) and the reload time for me at the moment (no rammer) is like 15 seconds and the aim time is **** as well. Great little peek a boo tank but it has it's flaws.

Saddened to hear it's being changed though. What happens to owners of the current version?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Really depends how and where you're shooting it. Face on you should be getting pens otherwise you might just be skipping off the armour.

I don't find the armour very bouncy personally (I drive one) and the reload time for me at the moment (no rammer) is like 15 seconds and the aim time is **** as well. Great little peek a boo tank but it has it's flaws.

Saddened to hear it's being changed though. What happens to owners of the current version?

No word on what happens to current owners, the split may not be until 9.2/9.3 or so. Recent tank splits didn't give anything for free though.

Dillonb3 wrote: »

It's such a troll tank if you get top tier. Had a 3 matilda platoon against my team the other day. They just steamrolled over everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Dillonb3 wrote: »

Is the Matilda not just so slow as to be useless?

• Advertisement

Is the Matilda not just so slow as to be useless?

Slow doesn't mean useless. Ask any T95 driver...

Matilda is heavily armored and although the damage is weak a fast firing and accurate gun.... Pick a direction and roll over anything in the way. You just can't relocate to another part of the map if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sounds like the churchill iii.

done a fresh install of game last night, no longer called 'wot 2.0b beta' lol.. no fps improvements..

gonna start the french heavy line, i love the scout/medium line so i reckon i will enjoy the ehavies.. already have the majority of modules unlocked too from that line

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You won't like them. They're often large profiles, with too poor armour. The guns tend to be decent in accuracy and pen. But I'm nearly through the AMX M4 1945, and at least after that it's into the AMX 50-100 where they start to have some plus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have met matilda in battlefield and it is one though b*tch. Maybe slow, but can take some punishment. I know it is bad for me, when it bounces my t28.

I am thinking myself of starting British TD tree. I met that tier X TD and I felt in love.
    Problem is, I am not liking British tds in general. High frontal armour with fast firing, but not great guns...

yeh, theyre slow, heavily armoured fronts with low damage, high rof guns.

they have major frontal weakpoints though, the cupolas are huge!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I have met matilda in battlefield and it is one though b*tch. Maybe slow, but can take some punishment. I know it is bad for me, when it bounces my t28.

I am thinking myself of starting British TD tree. I met that tier X TD and I felt in love.
    Problem is, I am not liking British tds I'm general. High frontal armour with fast firing, but not great guns...
    I started on the AT-7 (currently 40k away from the Tortoise) and yea; it was painful until I hit AT-15 upgraded gun. Even with this gun (4s reload) I can do decent damage but any half competent player will ping my cupolas (or flank as they turn so sloooooooooooowly) and of course once you go one flank that's pretty much it...

Aye, I wonder if I will have enough patients to play them. It's a shame really as I do like that tier X badass TD. I might better go American t-95 route. That tree looks a bit better for my taste.

I will quote Clarkson to exppress my opinion on British Tier 1-9 TD. "It's like a menu in Scottish restaurant, you know it's all food, but there is nothing you would want to eat."

I have played a good few of the td lines,

russian - tier 10 obj268 unlocked, never bought. kept my 704.. from tier 8 on, once u unlock the bl10 gun, the line is amazing. in fact, the entire line apart from su152 i enjoyed!

american - currently about 50k xp away from unlocking the t110e4. im enjoying the t30, the gun can really troll you though, some shots are 815 alpha damage, then you bounce on a 13 90 from close range! lol the line is great crack, hellcat, t49, t28 proto(which i actually liked!)

german i- bout to unlock ferdi, not sure if i am bothered though, another line of tanks with no turrets... meh ferdi is supposed to be good though.

german ii - just unlocked nashorn. line seems good, just cant wait to hit tier 8 rhm borsig :)

british - up to tier 6, slow slow slow.. might drop them.. though the tortoise is cool.

if u want really slow heavily armoured tds then go american t95 route or british.

if you want a turreted td go t30.. for me had the most enjoyable grind through tiers.

if you want hughe damage, glass cannons go german ii.

if you want a pure td, good camo, great gun, sometimes trollish armour go for the obj704 line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aye, I wonder if I will have enough patients to play them. It's a shame really as I do like that tier X badass TD.
    The thing is the tier X is the odd one out in the series going from quick fire, heavy armor to glass cannon with huge reload.

some of the 9.1 nerfs are cancelled, tiger and hellcat wont be nerfed :cool::eek::P

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/14/storm-9-1-tank-changes-cancelled/#14000805201431&104541::resize_frame|42-568
    Source: http://world-of-kwg.livejournal.com/293097.html

Hello everyone,

Storm posts further details about the CANCELLATION of some changes, planned for Patch 9.1. He states that the developers came to following conclusions:

Storm states that the list of changes is not always systematic and understandeable for the players – it’s not clear why tank X gets buffed and tank Y doesn’t. Developers agreed that rebalance tasks will be handled more systematically and the developers will post explanations as to why tank X was buffed or nerfed

Furthermore, developers decided that in order to fulfill this systematic approach (combining tank buffs/nerfs and for example the TD camo nerf), the planned buffs/nerfs for vehicles are CANCELLED. The only changes that REMAIN in 9.1 are the following (be aware that the EU forums have it wrong, these changes are staying):

- TD camo factor after shooting is nerfed
    - LT battletier spread reduction
    - MT-25 and VK2801 buff
    - Sherman stock turret 105mm derp ROF nerf (this is a leftover form the previous patch, since it wasn’t nerfed by ommission)
    - Soviet UBR-354KA 76mm shell damage increased by 5 (also bug fix, gold ammo had 110 damage and AP had 105)

Storm states that this DOES mean the developers decided to remove the Hellcat and Tiger nerf. The rebalances will be made to them, but as a part of complex tasks (in this case, the task of “solving the rebalance of tanks on mid tiers”). Storm adds that the developers will also give out more complex and sophisticated explanations as to why each change has to be made.

I think I will skip on playing WoT today or at least for now. I am getting sodomised left right and centre. I cant even hit a broad side of the barn today and RNG just fecking hates me. I won 2 matches and lost about 10 right there. I wont even bother getting first wins of the day.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    sounds like the churchill iii.

done a fresh install of game last night, no longer called 'wot 2.0b beta' lol.. no fps improvements..

gonna start the french heavy line, i love the scout/medium line so i reckon i will enjoy the ehavies.. already have the majority of modules unlocked too from that line

I've worked my way up to a BDR and whilst I've yet to unlock the top gun(which is supposedly great) the entire experience has been miserable. They are thoroughly and utterly ineffectual and boring tanks.

Finally starting to get some decent games tonight!

[IMG][/img]shot_003_zpsee349bc9.jpg

I've worked my way up to a BDR and whilst I've yet to unlock the top gun(which is supposedly great) the entire experience has been miserable. They are thoroughly and utterly ineffectual and boring tanks.
    They only really start to work at the tier 8 due to the autoloader in my oppinion; there's the odd tier below with a gun upgrade that's ok but it's really a hard line. Similar to my feelings with the secondary Russian line except the only redeeming light in the whole three was the 263 (which is soooo much more fun then I expected from my games on test).

• Advertisement

I dont know people will react to this posted here, but looks like we are a bunch of grown people! :)

Looks like War Thunder finally launched Tanks and I am downloading it right now. I really want to see how it plays. By the looks of it it will be a very different experience, which is very good.

WT just doesn't instil any confidence in me. Some of their overall game design just seems schizophrenic and incomplete. Some of the map design looks incredibly artificial and unnatural. The most hardcore mode, simulator, turns off almost all assists/game aids such as player names, but then gives a massive artificial advantage to anyone who turns off the foliage. A lot of it just make me appreciate how much better flowing and coherent the overall design of WoT is.

I dont know people will react to this posted here, but looks like we are a bunch of grown people! :)

Looks like War Thunder finally launched Tanks and I am downloading it right now. I really want to see how it plays. By the looks of it it will be a very different experience, which is very good.
    /Banned!!1 :P

I thought WT had tanks out for a while now? I recall videos of the shell differences (i.e. not WoT arcade style but different arcs and effective ranges to maximize damage etc.) and the really small changes in the tree (i.e. adding a metal bar doing nothing on the tank = new tier of same tank); or am I mixing up the games?

Spear wrote: »
    WT just doesn't instil any confidence in me. Some of their overall game design just seems schizophrenic and incomplete. Some of the map design looks incredibly artificial and unnatural. The most hardcore mode, simulator, turns off almost all assists/game aids such as player names, but then gives a massive artificial advantage to anyone who turns off the foliage. A lot of it just make me appreciate how much better flowing and coherent the overall design of WoT is.

Ill give it a shot anyway. Thing is I am way too much invested in to WoT right now. WT is only out now too, who knows how good it will get when it will have so much time with tanks as WoT has.

it was in closed beta, went to open today.

im gonna give it a go anwyay, bit of variety is always nice.

ss from ftr wot blog hated it on first impressions, jingles plays a lot of it. circon and foch play it too.. SS said the tech trees were all over the shop alright.

theres an arcade mode where u can re spawn, and a simulator mode where you dont..

I've got an account, and I've patched so I can try the tanks at least. It'll get a fair hearing, but I just don't see it as being WoT with the issues fixed. I suspect it's more a case of Battlefield versus CoD, similar base concepts, but differing mechanics, pacing and tone, and not drop-in replacements for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/15/9-0-4-feedback/

FTR seeing improved performance. Here's hoping I see the same.

Please god they sort out the fps issues, wot fps = average of about 40 on low, wtgf fps at an almost constant 80 on high..

first impressions, wasnt too bad, got a few kills in the one arcade battle i played last night. no idea whats going on with the tech trees though..

Given the sequence of 4 micro patches, and the planning and cancellaton of the 9.1 CT, it certainly seems the bugs and complaints surroundig the 9.0 release must have stung, and they've hopefully learned their lesson.

• Advertisement

It is very surprising when WoT runs like ass, but looks like ass, and WT looks pretty and runs even on toaster. They need to sort that **** out.

So I played a good bit of WT last night and I Not sure I will leave WT for it. I can't really play both, due to money and limited time.
    In a lot of ways it is really pretty and cool, but very inconsistent and balances are way off. Just look at German vs Russian Newby tank, or t34 vs anything.

Advertisement