Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fas course

• 07-12-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I started a FAS course on Monday last (5th Dec) doing ECDL (11weeks) I collected my dole like normal on monday and I think i'm due to be paid next thursday from FAS into my bank account. I'm just wondering Will I get paid double for this week? I think we're finished on the 23rd and back the 3rd, will I get paid for the week i'm off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mervin J Minky

James__10 wrote: »
    I started a FAS course on Monday last (5th Dec) doing ECDL (11weeks) I collected my dole like normal on monday and I think i'm due to be paid next thursday from FAS into my bank account. I'm just wondering Will I get paid double for this week? I think we're finished on the 23rd and back the 3rd, will I get paid for the week i'm off?

You get paid like normal next Thursday (15th) then get double on the 22nd and then your payment will resume like normal on the 5th of January. FAS pay into your bank account every Thursday but this will only start in the second week of the course and you will get the first weeks money the week after the course is finished if you get me? So you basically won't get any money for the first week of the course.

TBH I'm surprised that you were allowed to collect all of your dole on Monday as the FAS course had already started so they should have taken over your payments automatically from Monday onwards. Don't be surprised to receive a letter from SW looking for some of the money back, it happened to two blokes on the course that I was on.

One last thing, when the course is finished brace yourself for a couple of weeks of being messed around by the Social Welfare. Read this for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Thetrainer

Welfare week is wednesay to wednesday, Fas Mon-Fri. What you are getting from SW is the previous weekd wed/thurs/fri. You then work a week in hand with FAS reason your attendance for the first week is paid Thutsday of week 2. The positive is that when you finish in fas and go back to sw you get paid the week in hand from fas and mon-tue from sw the same week.

Advertisement