Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Proof of looking for work?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I got a letter from the welfare today asking me to go down for an interview in a few days time, along with proof that I have been looking for work.

However my problem is I havent been keeping records of were I applied for work.
    The jobs I did apply for never even wrote back to me.

Any ideas as to what I could do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

noelpat wrote: »
    The jobs I did apply for never even wrote back to me.

I also have applied for many jobs and not one of them wrote back to me either. you will just have to write down all the places you wrote to and tell the social that none of them wrote back to you, it could be a problem though as the social always want the letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

tell them that !!

its a fairly standard thing to do - its a way of kinda checking that you are not working and claiming (by asking you to come in for an interview).... bring a list of companies/adverts that you have applied for, explain to them that you have not been getting responses/replies.

have you been following up on your CV or just sending it out and hoping for a response ? you might need to tidy up your CV (make it more presentable/professional looking) and make a call to the company to check that they received your CV, ask for feedback on your CV.

have you been getting interviews ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Thank you both, no I havent even gotten as far as getting an interview.
    I fear that the companies may just shred my cv's and there would be no record of me applying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

what about the automated response you get of some job websites just print out the emails if you have any

Advertisement