Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Invisible phone holder: Tetrax

• 07-04-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Finding the right phone holder is a real pain

With this product, there is no phone holder, only a small pin somewhere were it suits, and you can barely see anything. No phone suction kit falling off your windscreen.

Costs 12 euros from Halfords

1.JPG

Magnets you stick on your phone/tablet

2.JPG

Surface cleaner wipes provided.

3.JPG
    4.JPG

Holder in place

5.JPG
    6.JPG

Attach the magnet to your phone/case.
    Comes with double side tape, good enough for flat plastic, but not for vinyl.
    On vinyl material, I would recommend you to use superglue. Which I did.

7.JPG
    8.JPG

All good.

ccg6.jpg
    10.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Looks good but would the magnet be strong enough to hold the phone in place if driving on a not so smooth road?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I've yet to hear of anything good coming from putting a magnet in close proximity to anything with a speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Keep them away from your cards in your wallet, or you could find they stop working at a very inconvenient moment.
    I am not a fan of magnets for this kind of thing, too many sideeffects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

obezyana wrote: »
    Looks good but would the magnet be strong enough to hold the phone in place if driving on a not so smooth road?

Not a bother at all actually it holds very very well surprisingly

I've yet to hear of anything good coming from putting a magnet in close proximity to anything with a speaker

No speaker here. Not big enough to affect the radio either.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Keep them away from your cards in your wallet, or you could find they stop working at a very inconvenient moment.
    I am not a fan of magnets for this kind of thing, too many sideeffects.

This is a tiny magnet sitting on a piece of plastic. No side affect that I am aware off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

bmstuff wrote: »
    This is a tiny magnet sitting on a piece of plastic. No side affect that I am aware off.
    Rare earth magnets are tiny but very powerful.
    If that magnet on your phone comes anywhere near any magnetic card (Debit/credit/Visa, security card etc) the information will be gone.
    I would think looking at that picture that the convex buttons on your phone case are ferrite and the actual magnet is the gold concave bit attached to the dash.
    Which would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

bmstuff wrote: »
    No speaker here. Not big enough to affect the radio either.

You're forgetting the ones in the phone ;)

Advertisement