Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

throttled exchanges

• 18-07-2013 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

We are compiling a list of exchanges with bad backhaul, in light of the current sales pitch of only 24Mb being available.

If your exchange is only 3Mbs or indeed is only 8Mbs please let us know.

So far we have :
    Sneem
    Kilmihil
    Ballycotton
    Golden

If you know of such an exchange please add it in a reply...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

Behold and be jealous of my stats: Speed 1056/256 (kbps) Line Attenuation 60/31 dB

This is from the Brittas Bay exchange, I'm not sure if the exchange is only 3Mbs but it's certainly no more than 8Mbs. I'm too far away to get anything more than 1Mbs...hooray. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Speed 2784/384 (kbps) 57/31 dB, Duncannon co.Wexford. The exchange is only up to 8mbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny
    7616/672
    12db/8db

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CelticTigress

Gleneely, Inishowen Co. Donegal
    Culdaff, Inishowen, Co. Donegal
    Clonmany, Inishowen, Co. Donegal

speed 0 bps

Still waiting for even basic broadband on these exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭IrelandOffline_

yeah we know about most exchanges that have not been enabled for DSL...here we are interested in exchanges that are throttled...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

Ballygar exchange in Co. Galway as far as I can tell is an up to 8Mb exchange.

2676/384 61/37.5

I am on a long line.

Advertisement