Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Black and White 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

cloud493 wrote: »
    Pokemon has significantly evolved from gold/silver :p

Care to elaborate? It looks to me like Nintendo are doing with this what Activision are doing with COD. Rinse and repeat for profit, and all the power to them.

From wikipedia of Pokémon Black and White
    Plot
    Like previous Pokémon games, Black and White's gameplay is linear; the main events occur in a fixed order. The protagonist of Pokémon Black and White is a teenager who sets out on a journey through Unova to become the Pokémon master. At the beginning of the games, the player chooses either Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott as their starter Pokémon as a gift from Professor Juniper. The protagonist's friends, Cheren and Bianca, are also rival Pokémon Trainers who occasionally battle the player. The player's primary goal is to obtain the eight Gym Badges of Unova and ultimately challenge the Elite Four of the Pokémon League, and its Champion, to win the game.

I mean... that is the exact same premise of Red/Blue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Grimebox wrote: »
    Care to elaborate? It looks to me like Nintendo are doing with this what Activision are doing with COD. Rinse and repeat for profit, and all the power to them.

Well

The pokemon, obviously
    3 new regions since gold and silver
    Abilities, pokemon now have abilities that can directly influence the battle
    Double battles, 3 on 3 battles, rotation battles
    Graphics are massively improved
    Story has also significantly evolved
    Evolution of the mechanics, as in, IV and EV
    Evolution of what's in the game. Specifically post game content
    Multiplayer as well, with wifi, massively improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Grimebox wrote: »

From wikipedia of Pokémon Black and White

I mean... that is the exact same premise of Red/Blue!
    You could level the same charges at the 3D Zelda series, yet you'd be a fool to call them "bad" or "creatively bankrupt".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone else getting the game today?

Im waiting outside HMV right now to go buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Let us know how much it is either going to smyths or hmv after trying to get the game and catch my train.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Didn't realise it was today that it's released. It'll probably be after xmas before I have the cash to spare on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

It's really good, much better than black/white anyway:)

Fairly good so. The habitat area thing is addicting to someone like me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Everyone get their free Genesect on the Wifi gift yet? It wont obey for a while as it is Level 15.

• Advertisement

Yeah, didn't use it :cool: dropped my starter too, so many good pokemon, servine was dead weight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Should I get Black 2 if I bought White?

Yeah the habitat yoke sure is great, I'm finding it difficult to move on with gaps in my pokedex:P
    I got Black 2 and I had the PAL white, so I could play with pokemon like gothorita and that vulture thing. I doesn't make a difference really, but you can try all the version exclusives you missed first time round!

Did you go for the dream radar yet, I did and got a Munna first go,if you have Soul Silver you can catch some of the Legendaries with it and transfer them to Black/White 2 using the Unova Link.

Not yet, should get it tomorrow though.
    Is it actually fun to play?

Im in nimbasa city, on my way to challenge elesa, team is

Heracross lv 33
    Sandslash lv 29
    Growlithe lv 34
    Lucario lv 32
    Magnemite lv 27

Thats a nice team, I just got into nimbasa city with

Porkchop (tepig)- lvl.27
    Mutton (mareep)- lvl.27
    Omega (sunkern)- lvl.28
    Spartacus (dunsparce)- lvl.27
    Lucario (no nickname)- lvl.27
    Seamster (sewaddle)- lvl.28

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Thats a nice team, I just got into nimbasa city with

Porkchop (tepig)- lvl.27
    Mutton (mareep)- lvl.27
    Omega (sunkern)- lvl.28
    Spartacus (dunsparce)- lvl.27
    Lucario (no nickname)- lvl.27
    Seamster (sewaddle)- lvl.28

Would you not be doing some evolving there ;)

I can't. They're too cute:P
    Plus all of em are temporary and I don't mind the extra difficulty:D

Dream Radar is very hard, worth €2.99 though for what it can do.

May be not, I just got a level 10 Tornadus. weird new version too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got my first gym badge and working on the facility in the 3rd town. Team is
    Copperface l14 snivy
    Arlene l15 lillipup
    Ramon l14 mareep
    Sionnach l13 riolu
    Chipowski L10 magby
    Perrier l6 psyduck that I can't be arsed training

Good variety so far, the ranch is a nuzlocker's dream (the riolu showed up as my first fight). Nintendo support called yesterday so my account might get sorted this week, dream radar might be on the cards then. The medal man seems pointless, a nod to an achievement system they can't be bothered implementing. The lack of a 3ds streetpass system is criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Just beat the champ today in this. Anybody have an event keldeo or mellotea (forgot how to spell it) to trade me? That they dont want?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just beat the champ today in this. Anybody have an event keldeo or mellotea (forgot how to spell it) to trade me? That they dont want?
    There's a trading thread in the pokémon forum which would be the best place to ask. I have both from Japanese black, would be happy to clone em for you but my 3ds is going in to Nintendo this week.

Loving the habitat list thing. Great for people like me who can't bear to see unfinished lists :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Question for those that have bought the sequels - is there enough content in the game to make it feel like a proper sequel?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement