Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland.... ancient home of the zombies!

• 21-09-2011 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

unearthed-zombies.jpg
    Two early medieval skeletons were unearthed recently in Ireland with large stones wedged into their mouths -- evidence, archaeologists say, that it was feared the individuals would rise from their graves like zombies.

The skeletons, which were featured in a British documentary last week, emerged during a series of digs carried out between 2005 and 2009 at Kilteasheen, near Loch Key in Ireland by a team of archaeologists led by Chris Read from the Institute of Technology in Sligo, Ireland and Thomas Finan from the University of St. Louis.

More here - http://news.discovery.com/history/zombie-skeletons-ireland-grave-110916.html#mkcpgn=rssnws1

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I think we should start doing things to freak out further generations like they did.
    Like im going to be buried with a cat up my ass, Covered in euro coins and with one 50 cent coin, While my hands are left in the rock on gesture! \m/
    And both my thumbs in the stomach of the cat.

Let the people of 2500 figure that out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I think we should start doing things to freak out further generations like they did.
    Like im going to be buried with a cat up my ass, Covered in euro coins and with one 50 cent coin, While my hands are left in the rock on gesture! \m/

I have caffeinated snot as a result of laughing at this after a sup of coffee. Legend.

Well read somewhere that out of all the monsters, zombies are the most feasible. OoooooOOOOOOoooooh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Darksaga87 wrote: »

**** that, get the coroner to swap your arms with your legs... 2500AD comes around and modern scientists wont have a clue how evolution worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Two early medieval skeletons were unearthed recently in Ireland with large stones wedged into their mouths -- evidence, archaeologists say, that it was feared the individuals would rise from their graves like zombies.

Stupid archeologists, obviously the hapless people died because they tried to eat really big rocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Easy, a rock fell on his head, smashed through his skull and ended up in his mouth

Case closed

WEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!

Oh. Have someone remove your head and put a cat's head in it's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Oh. Have someone remove your head and put a cat's head in it's place.

dont be stupid my good man , they would never believe that

it would have 2 be human head and cats body - that will make them scratch their chins - more believable

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Has anyone been round to the archaeologists house to make sure they didn't turn into zombies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Stupid archeologists, obviously the hapless people died because they tried to eat really big rocks

they really have no idea how think you get after some bootleg puchean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i-cant-explain-therefore-aliens-.jpg

Advertisement