Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cathal Healy

Got this Garage (4207) for €49.99 in Heatons, Castlebar yesterday

Can't post a link or image yet so you'll have to google it.

They have a toy sale going on at the moment though this set is not listed on their site so it may be something store specific.

Bargain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

Got this Garage (4207) for €49.99 in Heatons, Castlebar yesterday

Can't post a link or image yet so you'll have to google it.

They have a toy sale going on at the moment though this set is not listed on their site so it may be something store specific.

Bargain though.

I picked it up in Ballina Heatons today, there were half a dozen on the shelf.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Picked up this in Argos today:

Lego AT-AT 75054 for €112
    Lego City Arctic Base Camp 60036 for €62.79

Here's the full list on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thegeekykind

Nice savings on the AT-AT....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

brookedave wrote: »
    I picked it up in Ballina Heatons today, there were half a dozen on the shelf.

Plenty in Cork aswell.

• Advertisement

There is an 8108 exoforce unsold set from 2007 in Toymaster Clonmel. Priced €100 down from €150. Not my cup of tea but someone might want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Spocker wrote: »
    Picked up this in Argos today:

Here's the full list on sale

Some nice savings there Technic Cargo plane for 120 is very tempting, I'm selling few bits on adverts atm if they sell I'll have hard time convincing myself not to rush straight to Argos with the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The Cargo plane is cheaper on Amazon.it, currently €106 including delivery

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• I seen an 8018 Star Wars AAT in Toymaster Portlaoise last week for €60. A discontinued set from 2009, they go for about €112 on Bricklink still sealed. Of no interest to me but someone might want to pick it up, also seen 2 x 9473 LOTR Mines of Moria sets in there for €83 each.

• Advertisement

Excellent NT, thanks for that - I'd been holding off on pulling the trigger on the Volvo, but not any more :)

It actually works out a little cheaper if you can get to a Smyths. They have it at €215 with 20% off this weekend and you would be supporting Irish jobs and all that.

It actually works out a little cheaper if you can get to a Smyths. They have it at €215 with 20% off this weekend and you would be supporting Irish jobs and all that.

True, about €6 in the difference, but theres no Smyths near to me, as the offer is in-store only :(

20% off is in full swing at smyths, place is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Is there a Super Star Destroyer left in any Smyths around the country? It's no longer on the website.

One in Carrickmines earlier, I think it was 440.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

One in Limerick also.

Hmm. Would be tempted to take a drive to Limerick; with the sale on it brings it to €336 by my calculation. I have oogled it for years but could never take the plunge, too many other things taking up wallet space.

Smyths in tallaght have the Super Star Destroyer for 400 or 320 with 20‰ off.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

One thing to watch for in Smyths, if the box has a reduced price sticker on it you should get the 20% off the lowest price on the box but some of the items are scanning in at the higher price. If you are getting a few things you mightn't notice it, it happened to me twice in the last two days on lego purchases (I didn't notice it until we got home). They are very quick to refund the difference though once you point it out to them with your receipt etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Got the Star Wars Ewok Village 10236 for €191, from the 20% sale in Smyths /ken blacks. Very pleased with that. Thanks for the heads up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cathal Healy

Picked up the Sea Cow in Claremorris for €176. It's a stunning set but very very difficult. A lot of brown and dark brown, grey, dark grey and black but it looks wonderful.

Got the Volvo for my father for Christmas too and my brother picked up the Simpsons house.

Got the Star Wars Ewok Village 10236 for €191, from the 20% sale in Smyths /ken blacks. Very pleased with that. Thanks for the heads up here.

yup, its the best time to pick up the big sets. with 20% and other vouchers got the Deathstar for 190.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

syboit wrote: »
    yup, its the best time to pick up the big sets. with 20% and other vouchers got the Deathstar for 190.

On the smyths website, all the big ticket lego set are the "top sellers"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

3 for 2 on toys in Argos, including Lego. Some of the larger ones I checked are on parity with Amazon prices, but finding the right store-stock ratio might be difficult on the kits you want though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Smyths have 20% off some of their super heroes sets, not sure which ones are on offer though.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-776/lego-super-heroes/

Smyths have 20% off some of their super heroes sets, not sure which ones are on offer though.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-776/lego-super-heroes/

A lot of the lego is down again. The AT-AT is at €111 now, 20% off

A lot of the lego is down again. The AT-AT is at €111 now, 20% off

Cool, was that in Maylor Street? I was in the Kinsale Road branch yesterday nd it was only down to €129.99.

Cool, was that in Maylor Street? I was in the Kinsale Road branch yesterday nd it was only down to €129.99.

I seen it on the website, but dunno if that means instore will be the same price ?

• Advertisement

I seen it on the website, but dunno if that means instore will be the same price ?

I'll be in Maylor Street later so can confirm. It'd be a pain if it wasn't the same price though.

Advertisement