Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreadful Weekend! Have to give my dog up!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Like I said it's an individual choice. I spent many years only hearing the pro's that I was shocked that there was some major con's so I often like to throw them out there for people to hear.
    It is an interesting discussion alright and one I could talk about all night if allowed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

It's true - although we might get kicked out for going off topic! :D I'm newish to boards and I don't want to get on the wrong side of all the lovely mods out there!! Hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Betsy18

My little pet went to her new home on Sunday, the lady that has her is a lovely person and really genuine. she adores shih tzus and has a female one herself, she wanted to take on mine as her child has special needs and loves dogs and she wanted another for her. when i seen how good they were with my little one i was really happy. she is going to get her spayed after her first heat as she did that with her own and i do believe she will. I was heartbroken to hand my baby over but i was also so glad to have found this person, as they were exactly what we wanted. (she will be home all day and they dogs are kept indoors and spoilt rotten, she also lives beside the beach and takes them for walks on it every day!) she has also promised to keep me updated on how my puppy is doing and send me pics etc over time which she has already done and has helped me alot!

this has been an awful time for me and my main and only priority was to find the best home possible for my wee dote, i am now happy that i have found that for her and she will get the love and attention she deserves.

thanks for all your comments!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

xxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I'm glad you feel like you have found a good home for your dog OP and am very sorry you had to give her up. I'd never be able to give any of mine up:(
    I do think its a pity however that you didn't spay her first before you rehomed her. I've been involved in some small scale rescue myself over the years and have learned that people are often not what they seem. Hopefully she will spay her but personally I would never have taken such a risk with a dog I loved so much.

• Advertisement

Vel wrote: »
    I'm glad you feel like you have found a good home for your dog OP and am very sorry you had to give her up. I'd never be able to give any of mine up:(
    I do think its a pity however that you didn't spay her first before you rehomed her. I've been involved in some small scale rescue myself over the years and have learned that people are often not what they seem. Hopefully she will spay her but personally I would never have taken such a risk with a dog I loved so much.

Hi

I did not spay her first as i trust the advice given to me by my vet and want her to have her first heat, i fully trust this lady will spay her as soon as she has had her heat and I would NOT have given her to this lady if i had any suspicions of her breeding her. i love my pet too much to do that and you have no idea the lengths i went to ensure she got a good home with someone genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Betsy18 wrote: »
    Hi

I did not spay her first as i trust the advice given to me by my vet and want her to have her first heat, i fully trust this lady will spay her as soon as she has had her heat and I would NOT have given her to this lady if i had any suspicions of her breeding her. i love my pet too much to do that and you have no idea the lengths i went to ensure she got a good home with someone genuine.

I've been reading this story with interest since you first posted. I can't even begin to think how difficult this decision was for you. It sounds like you really went out of your way to find a fantastic home for your baby. I'm sure the owner will neuture your dog when the time comes, she sounds like a wonderful owner and the whole set up sounds so idyllic, I'm sure your girl will be very happy.

Do you have the option of visiting her, or would you find that too difficult? You have got a lot of contrasting views on this subject, a topic like this will always be emotive. But you did what you feel was best for your situation and for your dog, don't feel bad or allow others to guit trip you.

Hope you are ok during this difficult time.

ncmc wrote: »
    I've been reading this story with interest since you first posted. I can't even begin to think how difficult this decision was for you. It sounds like you really went out of your way to find a fantastic home for your baby. I'm sure the owner will neuture your dog when the time comes, she sounds like a wonderful owner and the whole set up sounds so idyllic, I'm sure your girl will be very happy.

Do you have the option of visiting her, or would you find that too difficult? You have got a lot of contrasting views on this subject, a topic like this will always be emotive. But you did what you feel was best for your situation and for your dog, don't feel bad or allow others to guit trip you.

Hope you are ok during this difficult time.

Thanks for your comment, i can visit her but i dont think i could face it at the moment but maybe in a few months to see how much she has settled in. the new owner is really lovely and has told me numerous times that if i change my mind i can take her back she will even travel to meet me. I am delighted we found this lovely home for her.

Advertisement