Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soll 2014/2015. Please read first post!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Lawn mower racing, who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Lawn mower racing, who's in?

Sure there's proably no grass to mow in soll and if there is its crap and the mower won't cut it😄😄😄😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tux girl

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Sure there's proably no grass to mow in soll and if there is its crap and the mower won't cut it😄😄😄😄

Haha ^ you can't race on grass now. It's not FIS approved lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Black sack racing?! I'M IN!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

MOD WARNING

Please do not start bickering on this thread or I will very quickly hand out a warning followed with a Ban. Seriously, I really don't want to be wasting everyone's time right now. Play nice or move on.

Regards,

• Advertisement

Gwann fanny,great post especially the last bit.had the pleasure of meeting up with u last year and your info and advice on the soll thread is a huge help to anyone going .your our eyes and ears on the ground over there and hopefully your posts and updates continue.screw the begrudgers,for anyone who dosnt want to contribute or has no interest in soll there is an unfollow thread option,I suggest u avail of it

Was lovely to meet you too!! It's great to put faces to the names on here, that was a lovely crew you'd hooked up with, will you ski with them again? (Even though my first intro to the rest of them was DON'T GET THAT LIFTT!!! Just before they got stuck in Brixen hahaha). You were the wise one, safely in the bar ;-)

fannymagee wrote: »
    Was lovely to meet you too!! It's great to put faces to the names on here, that was a lovely crew you'd hooked up with, will you ski with them again? (Even though my first intro to the rest of them was DON'T GET THAT LIFTT!!! Just before they got stuck in Brixen hahaha). You were the wise one, safely in the bar ;-)

Yep sallbach on 17 jan,we dropped a few and gained some new people due to work commitments etc.really value this winter sports forum and also snow heads ,was safely in the bar but disappointed to miss that tour of the skiwelt!

Ah you saved yourself a few quid on the taxi home ;-)

Hope you've a great time in Saalbach, say hi to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Thanks to everyone who engages with the true spirit of this thread and these boards.

Fattes you seem to continually escalate my posts and turn them into something completely different to what I actually said. The posters here are well able to make up their own minds about their own particular circumstances.

Yes, I would go. I have never cancelled a trip due to weather conditions, nor would I unless they were life threatening. If I had booked Christmas in a beautiful Austrian village, YES I would go. If I could ski I would ski, and if I couldn;t ski I would seek a refund on the ski-specific items but I would absolutely go, drink a lot of hot chocolate, eat a lot of schnitzel and apfel strudel, go out at night, meet new people and I would ENJOY MYSELF (imagine that!).

Obviously I can appreciate that other people would do different, and OBVIOUSLY that's a decision each individual should take for themselves.

To everyone who is on this thread, I say keep the faith- that's always my outlook, and I'm certainly not going to change it for some eejit who says I should. I will always be optimistic, even when the mountain is greener on the other side. So there's your full disclosure. Right now the lifts are closed, so if you can't go UP the mountain, you have to go around. Simple as that. Soll is still Soll, still great fun, still building up to the season, still smells of Weirauch and gluhwein and high spirits and FUN.

So there ya go. I'm not hanging around to respond to the aggression on this thread- I had a full season of it last year and it's nonsense. So if you need me, PM me, I don;t have time to defend myself after every single comment I post is torn apart and misquoted by the same individual over and over again.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Even the eejit hahahaahah :-)

xxxxxxxxxx

Try to refrain from the personal abuse, it is not smart or cleaver, it probably should result in a ban but hey I am sure the mods will turn a blind eye. The reality is next week will be the ski welts and every resorts bumper week one of 3/4 through the season, the ski welt will have 37 of 300km or so of piste open at a stretch. Being honest of a forum about conditions on the ground is relevant and important! Soll is closed currently it does not have a single lift, or single ski run open that is the reality, it is not an opinion or a perception it is reality.

Not all TO's offer partial refunds, yes some do, yes some people could claim back the ski element, but the reality is that may be their only trip of the year and they don't get to ski!!!!

The Mods have commented, duly noted, now lets move on :-)

• Advertisement

The Mods have commented, duly noted, now lets move on :-)

Yep agree and don't forget that unfollow thread option I spoke about earlier

Fattes wrote: »
    Try to refrain from the personal abuse, it is not smart or cleaver, it probably should result in a ban but hey I am sure the mods will turn a blind eye. The reality is next week will be the ski welts and every resorts bumper week one of 3/4 through the season, the ski welt will have 37 of 300km or so of piste open at a stretch. Being honest of a forum about conditions on the ground is relevant and important! Soll is closed currently it does not have a single lift, or single ski run open that is the reality, it is not an opinion or a perception it is reality.

Not all TO's offer partial refunds, yes some do, yes some people could claim back the ski element, but the reality is that may be their only trip of the year and they don't get to ski!!!!

Here he goes again!! Everyone get the violins out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Just sayin'......

8DlBLxm.jpg

All would be solved over a Jagertee...

Haaahaa!! Ah thank you Stevire. I lolled :-)

Hi all,

Crystal Ski and Thomson Ski just made this announcement:

"You may have heard that in some of our resorts there’s a lack of snow predicted for next week. Our priority is always to get our customers out on the mountain.

Due to the variable weather conditions, the situation is changing rapidly. In those ski resorts where no lifts are operating at all, we’re offering customers a free bus service to another ski area for the full duration of their holiday, paid for by us.

For resorts where there’s limited skiing available, our overseas teams are working really hard with our suppliers and partners to make sure everyone can get the most from their holiday and enjoy the slopes."

So there ya go. Facts :-)

Hi all,

Crystal Ski and Thomson Ski just made this announcement:

"You may have heard that in some of our resorts there’s a lack of snow predicted for next week. Our priority is always to get our customers out on the mountain.

Due to the variable weather conditions, the situation is changing rapidly. In those ski resorts where no lifts are operating at all, we’re offering customers a free bus service to another ski area for the full duration of their holiday, paid for by us.

For resorts where there’s limited skiing available, our overseas teams are working really hard with our suppliers and partners to make sure everyone can get the most from their holiday and enjoy the slopes."

So there ya go. Facts :-)

Great work Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Heart goes out to anyone heading out there next week.

Fully accept people might be able to make their own fun or what ever, but personally it'd be a disaster. don't think I could afford to spend a week in the bar. haha.

Think the tour operators should at least offer refunds or rescheduled trips to anyone heading out.

If you do go out just make the most of it!!

Topflight and Direct ski are offering refunds, to all customers

Still only 10% of the entire ski welt open, the lift co have announced today that they are attempting to open another 10Km of piste for Christmas week but weather dependant. It will only be highest piste and down lift to village.

But I am sure it is worth people spending their money on

Topflight and Direct ski are offering refunds, to all customers

Still only 10% of the entire ski welt open, the lift co have announced today that they are attempting to open another 10Km of piste for Christmas week but weather dependant. It will only be highest piste and down lift to village.

But I am sure it is worth people spending their money on

Fattes will you please do everyone on this thread a favour and unfollow this thread.ta in advance

Fattes will you please do everyone on this thread a favour and unfollow this thread.ta in advance

Does the truth hurt you so much? The purpose of this forum is for an honest exchange of information. Please feel free to point out anything that is inaccurate that I have posted about the current situation in the ski welt?

• Advertisement

Does the truth hurt you so much? The purpose of this forum is for an honest exchange of information. Please feel free to point out anything that is inaccurate that I have posted about the current situation in the ski welt?

Look u don't like soll,that's fine.no one is claiming lifts are open there or pistes are in great condition ,fanny has pointed out alternatives ,she is also in soll,ur not.honest exchange of info is exactly what she is providing whilst u just focus on the negative again and again and again.ur flying solo on this thread and it getting annoying again this year to see u constantly bickering with valuable info that is put up.have u ever skied soll or gave time there????.again there is an unfollow thread option which u can use,I'll talk u through it if u want!.u re in the Alps for the season I gather whilst mist of us mere mortals can just escape for a week ,if I were going next week yeadh I'd be disappointed with conditions but I'd get over it and make most of what I can ski and everything else soll has to offer

I have no problem with Soll I have enjoyed many a great day there. My feedback on conditions is coming from a 30 year veteran of the resort who owns an accommodation option in the village. That and the fact that the entire resort of Soll is closed

The reality is there is approx 10% of the entire ski welt open relying on artificial made snow that will deteriorate quickly under heavy use in one of the busiest weeks of the year. Claiming you should refuse a refund because a 10 minute bus ride will give you access to snow is poor advice for any customer with limited snow time and finances.

In fact the same advice I am giving people for our resort now, if you have an option of a refund and to take the holiday later in the season do it. That is probably the best advice you could give anyone on any resort bar maybe Cervinia and Saas fee right now.

You have no right to tell me to leave a thread, nor do you have the right to or anyone else to personally insult and a use me for offering sensible and impartial advice

I have no problem with Soll I have enjoyed many a great day there. My feedback on conditions is coming from a 30 year veteran of the resort who owns an accommodation option in the village. That and the fact that the entire resort of Soll is closed

The reality is there is approx 10% of the entire ski welt open relying on artificial made snow that will deteriorate quickly under heavy use in one of the busiest weeks of the year. Claiming you should refuse a refund because a 10 minute bus ride will give you access to snow is poor advice for any customer with limited snow time and finances.

In fact the same advice I am giving people for our resort now, if you have an option of a refund and to take the holiday later in the season do it. That is probably the best advice you could give anyone on any resort bar maybe Cervinia and Saas fee right now.

You have no right to tell me to leave a thread, nor do you have the right to or anyone else to personally insult and a use me for offering sensible and impartial advice

Seriously fattes enough is enough. When did you ski Söll? You are always causing trouble on Söll topics, why can you not just leave us all alone. Nobody goes bad mouthing your resort or home slope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Fattes why dont you open a thread giving current snow conditions in europe rather than taking this one off topic it will stop all the bickering and if anyone wants to look it up they will have a reference on the resorts. I would regard that as being constructive

Look we all know the soll situation re pistes open closed etc without u co scantly gloating about it.i never asked u to leave the thread I simply put it forward to u as an option as you are on your own with your opinions,as for insulting you I don't see it and as for your sensible impartial advice I'll take it from someone based in resort who started this thread and gives constant and up to date Info on the area.ta

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Fattes : Do not post in this thread again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thread closed for the time being until I can be bothered to sort it out.

Thread tidied up a bit and reopened.

I'd remind everyone to have a look through the forum charter and the overall boards guidelines on posting and to remember to be civil.

Yay!! Back on track, thanks Robinph. Now all we need is some feckin SNOW and we're in business :-) xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Yay!! Back on track, thanks Robinph. Now all we need is some feckin SNOW and we're in business :-) xxx

Back to the business at hand, Fanny!

Advertisement