Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reaction on the roadside

Options
  • 03-12-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

So how do you feel that the attitude was from the passing public today?

Rural ETB school here. 90% of passersby waved or blew the horn. Pedestrians engaged and asked for info, a good day Imo.

What about others?

I cant make a poll 😞 maybe a super mod could help?

What was the reaction of passers-by to your picket? 35 votes

Generally Supportive but some hostile
    0% 0 votes
    Generally Hostile but some supportive
    74% 26 votes
    No real reactions
    5% 2 votes
    Equally hostile/supportive
    20% 7 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hope that's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

spurious wrote: »
    Hope that's alright.

That's why you're in charge around here ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I went with the first option but it was actually 100% supportive with no hostility. Every second car beeped and gave thumbs up. Passersby had positive comments. I was pleasantly surprised. DEIS ETB school in an urban area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

no hostility! loadsa beeps!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I thought it might turn into one of those awful CPD evaluation exercises with about 20 choices if I started to put any more options in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

spurious wrote: »
    I thought it might turn into one of those awful CPD evaluation exercises with about 20 choices if I started to put any more options in.

It would only be like CPD if there was an element of group work involved :pac:

We got a generally positive reaction. We're in a small rural town so a lot of the locals would know us anyway, a good few beeped or waved and no reaction from the rest. Didn't see any hostility yesterday on my shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Mostly positive, save one pair of young lads (but old enough to know better) who threw an egg. Weren't brave enough to do it from the same side of the road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Great support from the public.
    Lots of beeps and shouts of support.
    Made a refreshing change.
    (Large urban DEIS school).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Large ASTI urban school. A very positive reaction. Quite a lot of beeps,a few passers by stopped to express support. No hostility whatsoever.

That's very interesting as you'd think from the minister and the media that a majority is against us. And this poll result would so far suggest the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

All positive. Great support from one local business as well.

I saw this poll when I got home on Tuesday and was surprised that a survey that was open to anyone with strong enough opinions came out so positively.

http://www.thejournal.ie/support-for-teachers-strike-asti-tui-1810474-Dec2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

We got a fair number of beeps. Far more support than the last time out.

Advertisement