Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I always thought you were a girl for some reason :o

So did I :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

And me??!! Don't know why but I did!! Sorry Daithi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Me three? And PictureFrame doesn't even seem girly to me as a name or anything! At least we don't know you IRL and still think you're a girl? Eeek, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hello, I'm Padraig, I am 17 almost 18 and I am also doing the leaving cert this year. I was an active member of the Junior Cert form 2 years ago. I haven't been in the 5th year thread at all really though, so won't know anyone who joined in the past year. Pleased to meet you.

Are you excited or nervous about doing the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

well, since i got banned off the starcraft boards, might as well start lamenting the lv cert with the rest of ye.

actually, tbh, im kind of exited for the leaving cert, its kind of like a huge project to work on for the year, in competition with everyone else in the country, and the better you do in it, the better the life your gonna have. It feels kind of good, knowing that, this year, what i do will have a direct impact on my fiture, and i finally have a chance to give something my all and work for something instead of all the usual meaningless **** that people put so much emphasis on in everyday life.

• Advertisement

I'm happy to get it started so I can run away and never see nor hear from any of the people in my school ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Laauren

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I'm happy to get it started so I can run away and never see nor hear from any of the people in my school ever again.

+1 except Im starting in a new school this sept.

Secondary school has been a horrible experience for me. Every minute spent in school is making me go a little bit crazier :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Thanks for informing me about the new thread lads...............

:pac:

But yeah, for anyone who didn't post in the 5th year thread, I'm Allison and I'm 16 :) I was a freaky child and couldn't wait to go to school, hence why I'm fairly young for 6th year!

Laauren wrote: »
    +1 except Im starting in a new school this sept.

Secondary school has been a horrible experience for me. Every minute spent in school is making me go a little bit crazier :pac:

Its just so limiting because you have to be ultra careful about everything you do or say or wear because in ten seconds your whole year knows and then you have to spend every day with them forever.

LET ME OUT!!! :P

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Its just so limiting because you have to be ultra careful about everything you do or say or wear because in ten seconds your whole year knows and then you have to spend every day with them forever.

LET ME OUT!!! :P

I know the stress of it all :eek: Its just impossible to be any way different. IMO ya either sink or swim in secondary school. Ya either pretend youre something that your not and fit in or you concentrate on studying, try not to follow the crowd etc. and everyone things youre a freak*. Its all just too bitchy for me :rolleyes:

*Big generalisation I know :p But its just what I've experienced:pac:

• Advertisement

I think the older you get the more you realize that the things that make you different are what make you special. You need to find out what your good at and go in that direction. Do what you think is right. Stand up for what you believe in and take no notice of what any other person thinks. And have fun, its a new dawn, a new day, you fcuk up, move on and no regrets.

padocon wrote: »
    I think the older you get the more you realize that the things that make you different are what make you special. You need to find out what your good at and go in that direction. Do what you think is right. Stand up for what you believe in and take no notice of what any other person thinks. And have fun, its a new dawn, a new day, you fcuk up, move on and no regrets.

I agree with you 100% but in secondary people can be so narrow minded and just scared to stand out from the crowd. Roll on college:rolleyes:

I forgot to introduce myself :p
    Im Lauren (with one a). When ii Joiined Boaards ii Thought iit Waas Cool To Wriite Liike Thiis :o. Im 16 and have decided to actually start posting something in the LC forum rather than just stalking the place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I agree with you 100% but in secondary people can be so narrow minded and just scared to stand out from the crowd. Roll on college:rolleyes:
    I think people in general can be very narrow minded but learn to keep it to themselves (well what would I know )

Am I the only person who finds the thought of going to college quite daunting?

M&S* wrote: »
    I think people in general can be very narrow minded but learn to keep it to themselves (well what would I know )

Am I the only person who finds the thought of going to college quite daunting?

Tbh I dont know either because my only experiences are from school really :p Ive just heard a lot of people say that people are more open minded when they leave school:rolleyes:

I suppose its different for everyone. Ive lived away from home quite a bit so that part will not bother me. But yeah its going to be scary going from a school where everything is familiar to a bigger place where everything is unknown. But thats kind of the exciting part :pac:

Ah at least you've experience living away! I've never had anything like that nor have I joined a new school where I didn't really know anyone. I'll probably be living at home for when I go to college :(

Yeah Im going to be soo nervous when Im starting in my new school:eek: Its so horrible not knowing anyone.. But the great thing about college is that everyone is in the same boat so thats kinda comforting!
    Ah sure there benefits of living at home :) Ill probably be living with my grandparents when I go to college :o

You guys are jumping too far ahead we have the daunting leaving cert to do! ha ha. Yeah I think everyone is nervous when starting off somewhere new. I can't say I have thought that far ahead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this who leaving thing! I'll never feel like I'm a 6th year though!

Sure I looked at the book list for this year on my school website and read all the 5th year books.. :rolleyes:

Sure I looked at the book list for this year on my school website and read all the 5th year books.. :rolleyes:
    I haven't even looked at mine because I'm 90% sure it's all of last years stuff and maybe exam papers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Sorry forgot to say earlier I'm Siobhán and 17! :)
    First day today :o wasn't proper though, just a prefect/mentor training day :rolleyes: First years coming in tomorrow so it should be good craic doing stuff with them :D
    The teachers treat you so differently! It's class lads :P we get a different colour jumper too so all the younger ones know we're important ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollaylay

I'm Holly and I'm 17, decided to actually start posting now I'm doing the LC rather than reading posts. Had my first day yesterday, 37 questions for Maths, picture 13 and tape for Irish and 2011 Comps for English. I can already tell I'm going to just LOVE 6th year. Oh well I'm on the Prefect Exec and my name's in the journal so I'm happy enough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Just came back from my 1st day of school this year...twas a bit hectic and I gotta say that my timetable disgusts me very much....Got the 'you better study hard cause it's your LC' talk from every teacher and now that that's done and over, I'm ready to take on 6th year..but first I have to do all the homework..lovely:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I'm Eoin, 17. Back to 6th year tomorrow, finished at 2 so not too bad. Haven't opened a book and had a busy summer working. Going to be hard to hit the books again, but we'll get there :D

You're all back so early! :eek:
    My sleeping pattern is so messed up there is noway I'll be up at half 8 every morning! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I forgot to introduce myself :p
    Im Lauren (with one a). When ii Joiined Boaards ii Thought iit Waas Cool To Wriite Liike Thiis :o. Im 16 and have decided to actually start posting something in the LC forum rather than just stalking the place :pac:

Hi, I'm Matthew, and like Laauren;), ii taught iit wuzz cúl 2 tak loike dis also when I first joined two years ago now (jaysus).

Anyway dreading the leaving next year! Have found a way to block facebook, youtube etc, and will probably block boards (for weekdays only!!!) for most of the next 9 grueling months....

anyway just thought I'd introduce meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LostLungs

Hello!!!

After a year of stalking the forums I have finally decided to join and hope for the best!!!

I'll see you around I guess?!?! :O

donvito99 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Matthew, and like Laauren;), ii taught iit wuzz cúl 2 tak loike dis also when I first joined two years ago now (jaysus).

Ahhh the embarassment of it all :o:pac: Im just glad Im through that stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Random but do you ever get so tired that your legs feel like they're about to fall off? I'm really not able for these 7 o clock mornings :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

It's good to get the kids going back all the same.

The O.A.P's around the estate have been complaining all summer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement