Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is that the new slim model or one of the original wifi or 3g models?

If it's the same bundle that I got then it's the slim one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

van_beano wrote: »
    If it's the same bundle that I got then it's the slim one.

So far €190 (in a bundle with KZ) is the cheapest I have found the 3g/wifi model. Think I will take the plunge on it at that price soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭P_Fitz

Taltos wrote: »
    170 here

That's the one i was looking at. It was sold out so i got the same in HMV for a tenner more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played chinatown wars on vita. Saw that its in the 20 years anniversay sale. Just wondering how does it hold up and does it use the touchscreen like the DS version.

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »

Cheers mate but that's the wrong model. That's the slim and I'm looking for the original model. It's been discontinued so not easy to come by at a decent price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone played chinatown wars on vita. Saw that its in the 20 years anniversay sale. Just wondering how does it hold up and does it use the touchscreen like the DS version.

Its a PSP game and dosint support the touch screen at all. They changed all the mini games to work with the controls on the PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Finished Spelunky (the hard way) on the daily challenge.

2014-12-09-233436.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is sound shapes worth a look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

It's nothing amazing, a bit of fun and something different.

If I remember correctly it's a very easy platinum trophy to get if you're into that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

padraig_f wrote: »

2014-12-09-233436.jpg

Well done! Such a bugger of a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Well done! Such a bugger of a game!

Thanks, just my 2nd time finishing it the hard way (1000 odd goes :) ). Still do the daily challenge most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I really liked it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    It's nothing amazing, a bit of fun and something different.

If I remember correctly it's a very easy platinum trophy to get if you're into that sort of thing.

I see........

*rushes to the psn store*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

padraig_f wrote: »

A god among men.

Is there a Football Manager handheld out on PS Vita this year? I though I saw an ad for it on tv the last day but can't find anything on it on the likes of Amazon.

Ya ok Sound shapes is really cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I see........

*rushes to the psn store*

As far as I recall it has separate trophy lists on ps4,ps3 and vita, so you can technically get 3 platinums from it for the price of one. If you're into that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I really like the Beck levels. It's one where I keep on meaning to pick some of the DLC for the extra levels but never get around to doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I played the demo and really liked it but I was in the middle of playing another platformer at the time, I think NSMB Wii U, so I kinda didnt bother with Sound Shapes after it.

So many games so little time. :(

... which reminds me I think I'm only about 3 levels in to donkey kong tropical freeze. If Smash Bros doesnt get delivered in time for Xmas I might just go back to this considering I've only really just started it.

Damn you Destiny and Mario Kart!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I really like the Beck levels. It's one where I keep on meaning to pick some of the DLC for the extra levels but never get around to doing it.

got the dlc on sale few weeks ago. perfect game for vita

I got all the dlc and the main game for 12 euro

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    As far as I recall it has separate trophy lists on ps4,ps3 and vita, so you can technically get 3 platinums from it for the price of one. If you're into that sort of thing.

I am :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Serious lack of vita nominations in the Boards Game Awards!

Boards Game Awards

Don't leave the Vita hanging :(

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

I just spotted all the Sound Shapes talk, I have this game at least 2-3 years now and this is my most played game on the Vita, I really enjoy it, need to get around to buying the DLC though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I like Sound Shapes. Some of the Death Mode levels are a right old **** though.

Death mode in soumd shapes is infuriating :mad: :p

Hotaru no Nikki is 25th feb :-D ON VITA

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ratchet and Clank Trilogy for €9.99 on PSN extra €1 off if you have plus, seems an ok deal to me. Added bonus of being crossbuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Ratchet and Clank Trilogy for €9.99 on PSN extra €1 off if you have plus, seems an ok deal to me. Added bonus of being crossbuy.

i'm always a bit hesitant when buying digital copies when a hard copy is available, being a collector and all, but this is a bargain that cant be passed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Same mind myself, still buy Vita games when I can in store, another bargain up on the PSN now is Ys for Vita for €11.99.

I paid €40 in the ripoff merchants that are Gamestop for this gem on launch day grab a bargain before North Korea hack the servers again. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement