Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SAnx

:)today woke up and said today is the day,starting to go out more and ive singed up for kickboxing 2 nights a week,so roll on really looking foward to it as i am in a better frame of mind these days.

hope everyone is haveing a good day.

Good stuff thats the spirt keep up the good work and enjoy it !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Wonders where it ends from here , do these impulses get worse or do i wait and see do i go away or by then is it too late for me . can I be saved ?
    I'm going to crack - a ticking time bomb - slowly going insane yet on the fxckin waiting list so I have to wait

Why the fxck is this country so banjaxed :(

i'm on the list too. still no word as to how long it'll be...almost 5 months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

i'm on the list too. still no word as to how long it'll be...almost 5 months now.

for therapy or to see a psych?

for therapy or to see a psych?

i've seen a psych, I think :confused: they've given me drugs, but this waiting is for talk therapy as they call it. it's nearly 6 months since I was referred, nearly 5 since I was first seen in that office.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 periwinkle

http://scienceroll.com/2010/05/04/surprisingly-effective-treatments-for-depression-infographics/ :)

Hate that exercise is right up there as one of the most effective strategies :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

i've seen a psych, I think :confused: they've given me drugs, but this waiting is for talk therapy as they call it. it's nearly 6 months since I was referred, nearly 5 since I was first seen in that office.

this waiting is going to bring about my demise :/

this waiting is going to bring about my demise :/

you made it this far.

hopefully I'll hear back soon

i really hope you do. are you on any meds?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Wonders where it ends from here , do these impulses get worse or do i wait and see do i go away or by then is it too late for me . can I be saved ?
    I'm going to crack - a ticking time bomb - slowly going insane yet on the fxckin waiting list so I have to wait

Why the fxck is this country so banjaxed :(

When you say impulses, what do you mean? If you mean impulses to harm yourself, you really need to let your GP know because you could possibly be seen faster. Hang in there.

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    When you say impulses, what do you mean? If you mean impulses to harm yourself, you really need to let your GP know because you could possibly be seen faster. Hang in there.

Impulses that may get me in trouble of some sorts

i really hope you do. are you on any meds?

anti psychs n anti deps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Impulses that may get me in trouble of some sorts

Well I guess if they are something that could get you in trouble, you need to speak to your GP about these thoughts as they are potentially damaging. I wish there was something more I could say or do to help you.

Novella wrote: »
    Well I guess if they are something that could get you in trouble, you need to speak to your GP about these thoughts as they are potentially damaging. I wish there was something more I could say or do to help you.

Hope no one thinks im having thoughts to murder anyone -cos thats not the case at all

Hope no one thinks im having thoughts to murder anyone -cos thats not the case at all

i didn't think that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Very stressed out trying to organise myself for getting back to college next week. I'm not in the best position financially and it's getting on top of me.
    I'm also feeling anxious about every little thing. I hope it passes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 anrinn184

I doubt you can be immune to Seroxat and that with out it you would be in a far worse place, good on you for getting yourself treated. Talk to a doctor to rest your mind and ask for an expert oppinion. I find that the best non medicated solution is regular exercise, it really does raise the endorphin levels and you feel better all be it temporary. I also went to CBT, cognative behavioural therapy and found it brilliant.

anrinn184 wrote: »
    I doubt you can be immune to Seroxat and that with out it you would be in a far worse place, good on you for getting yourself treated. Talk to a doctor to rest your mind and ask for an expert oppinion. I find that the best non medicated solution is regular exercise, it really does raise the endorphin levels and you feel better all be it temporary. I also went to CBT, cognative behavioural therapy and found it brilliant.

was this for me or the above girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

was this for me or the above girl?

It wasn't meant for me Printemps.

I figured out myself , I have what they call neurotic anxiety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hi seems like every night i go out drinking in pubs but esp in discos i seem very anxious and cant loosen up. i like dance music and songs on radiom but cant seem to enjoy myself. friends go out with have craic talk to girls but i just cant. girls i like i dont have confidence and annoys me and go home pissed off! i know iam not this person i wanna break loose but cant! feel odd in group and always go home early.

anybody have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Anxiety related insomnia is back again :(

rob55 wrote: »
    hi seems like every night i go out drinking in pubs but esp in discos i seem very anxious and cant loosen up. i like dance music and songs on radiom but cant seem to enjoy myself. friends go out with have craic talk to girls but i just cant. girls i like i dont have confidence and annoys me and go home pissed off! i know iam not this person i wanna break loose but cant! feel odd in group and always go home early.

anybody have this problem?

Maybe it's just not your thing. I hate the pub and club scene, at first I used to just go along with the gang anyway but I never enjoyed it. I just don't bother anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

Karsini wrote: »
    Maybe it's just not your thing. I hate the pub and club scene, at first I used to just go along with the gang anyway but I never enjoyed it. I just don't bother anymore.

bang on there:),i hate the pub/club thing also.its not me and im puting on a false smile all night long

Been a while since we've heard from our regulars.how's everyone keeping? Printemps how about you? Starview? Karsini?

I had a stress filled day today topped off by a big decision I had to make and dealing with my sulking housemate.very nearly brought on a panic attack.been a while since I had them. Feeling a bit better now.decision is made so that helps,but the housemate is ongoing. I think realistically until I get help I have to continue avoiding confrontation,it just stresses me out too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

hi all:),
    oh lads i taught i was geting back on track.but like any illness it comes back twofold,today and yesterday have just been hard i no i need to get out there more but when all thats out there is more disaster it hard to get focused and keep the spirit high:(.

lately ive been thinking a lot of my life and god knows i have put it down hard,i wonder whats it all for,a lot of ungratefull/nasty people out there.
    i feel like i constantly runing from the devil keeping in front of him so he wont notice and come back to take me where i dont want to be.

Been a while since we've heard from our regulars.how's everyone keeping? Printemps how about you? Starview? Karsini?

I had a stress filled day today topped off by a big decision I had to make and dealing with my sulking housemate.very nearly brought on a panic attack.been a while since I had them. Feeling a bit better now.decision is made so that helps,but the housemate is ongoing. I think realistically until I get help I have to continue avoiding confrontation,it just stresses me out too much.

Thanks for thinking of me. I've been feeling indifferent lately, that's the only real way I can describe it. Not feeling too down but not exactly over the moon either. I guess I've just been what I consider "normal."

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Starviewadams, if you're reading this I want you to know that your username always makes me laugh.

For ages I was reading it as Starvie Wadams instead of Starview Adams. Dunno why but the word Wadams always makes me laugh.

That's your good deed without even realising it!

Karsini wrote: »
    Thanks for thinking of me. I've been feeling indifferent lately, that's the only real way I can describe it. Not feeling too down but not exactly over the moon either. I guess I've just been what I consider "normal."

i know what you mean. a lot of my time lately has been middling. and i've wondered is that what normal is.

• Advertisement

i know what you mean. a lot of my time lately has been middling. and i've wondered is that what normal is.

Well it's normal for me; I'd rather it wasn't but that's how I seem to go. I'm either moping from one day to the next or else I'm down in the dumps. I can't trust myself to make my own decisions either and that plays a huge part in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement