Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society - Outings 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I don't want to force anyone's hand, i had a look at the usual booking websites and the Springhill court was the only one available in Kilkenny!

I'm easy as to what everyone / anyone wants to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,713 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I don't want to force anyone's hand, i had a look at the usual booking websites and the Springhill court was the only one available in Kilkenny!

I'm easy as to what everyone / anyone wants to do.

Whatever you want charlieIRL. It's your day.

Just seeing if there is any interest in staying over - we tried to organise something last time and it never transpired.

So , I'm on for staying , if a few are staying around.
    Kilkenny City is a good option.

I honestly don't mind dude. I'll go with the flow!!

I honestly don't mind dude. I'll go with the flow!!

There is no flow without a fall - :)

No - no panic - just in general - we are "Out - Out "

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

I would be on for staying the night and having a few pints.
    However there is not a lot of reasonably priced accommodation available on the various hotel websites for that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

CharlieIRL, have you booked already?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea I'm guessing there must be something on in MJ that day with all the rooms booked out the night before and the Saturday night..... maybe a wedding.... let's crash it :)

I guess that means I'll most likely have to leave the other half at home so!

Langtons anyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Well seeing I won't have to travel very far, won't have accommodation issues, I'm definitely in!

Anyone stuck for a night in an Inn, at that time of year I will have a few empty stables going cheap. Might even do a family discount.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Mount Juliet for the captains - woohoo! I've yet to play there so this is great news.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Would love to play but I cannot make that weekend! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Great choice... I will ensure this weekend is kept clear in the diary

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ragin - Looks like I'm going to miss Dunmurry Springs. June is absolutely jam packed for me and getting ALL these permission slips is going to be hard enough as it is :)

8/6/14 - Athenry Junior Scratch Cup

14/6/14-15/6/14 - Connacht Barton Shield (Team Captain)

22/6/14 - Tullamore Junior Scratch Cup

28/6/14-29/6/14 - Connacht Senior Cup (Team Captain)

12/7/14-13/7/14 - Connacht Junior Cup (Playing hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Rikand wrote: »
    Ragin - Looks like I'm going to miss Dunmurry Springs. June is absolutely jam packed for me and getting ALL these permission slips is going to be hard enough as it is :)

8/6/14 - Athenry Junior Scratch Cup

14/6/14-15/6/14 - Connacht Barton Shield (Team Captain)

22/6/14 - Tullamore Junior Scratch Cup

28/6/14-29/6/14 - Connacht Senior Cup (Team Captain)

12/7/14-13/7/14 - Connacht Junior Cup (Playing hopefully)

My heart bleeds for you:eek: What an understanding wife you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Lads let me follow up with MJ, it might be a case that there is a block booking in place which may change closer the time, also are all the lodges booked up? They were class when Kiers and myself stayed there last year.........

Loves the pints myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ssbob wrote: »
    My heart bleeds for you:eek: What an understanding wife you have.

I havent asked for those permission slips yet - the only ones I am assured of are the team captains ones and the junior cup playing. Trying to get the scratch cups might not be so easy :)

Rikand wrote: »
    I havent asked for those permission slips yet - the only ones I am assured of are the team captains ones and the junior cup playing. Trying to get the scratch cups might not be so easy :)

Tell her your the captain for the scratch cup! She won't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Great pick for Captains Day Charlie! Will defo try to make afew outings this year- I was at the very first one in Dundrum but between hurling/baba, didn't make any since but you've whetted the appetite. If you want any help regards bookings of hotels, restaurants, give me a PM and will be glad to help, seeing as I'm a KK man!
    One place that springs to mind that might not be booked up yet is the Kilkenny Inn hotel-cheap and cheerful usually so you could try that but would recommend Kilkenny for a night out!

ssbob wrote: »
    Lads let me follow up with MJ, it might be a case that there is a block booking in place which may change closer the time, also are all the lodges booked up? They were class when Kiers and myself stayed there last year.........

Loves the pints myself!!!

Yea the lodges and houses are all booked up. The Rose Garden houses are great alright, if we managed to get one of those we'd easily squeeze in 6 or 8 lads if people don't mind sleeping on couches.... floors... baths :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'd be on for this lads but I don't know how it'll go down on the home front, stick me down as a "maybe-subject to planning permission".
    I'll more than likely be lucky to be getting down to play the outing so I'm not holding my breath.

Any sign of the standings after the first event Charlie?
    I don't know why I want to see it :(

Quick one lads, as you all know Mount Juliet is the venue for the Captain’s Prize and as most of you are aware, only those who have played at least 3 outings can win the prize on the day. Furthermore, due to places being limited on the day, the committee has decided that first preference will be given to those members who A)have paid up their memberships and B)played in outings throughout the year. Unfortunately guests will only be allowed to play if we have room. Can't wait!!!

• Advertisement

Can't wait!!!

Me neither.... let's skip the rest and just play MJ next month... and the month after... and the month after..... and....... :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Any sign of the standings after the first event Charlie?
    I don't know why I want to see it :(

Here are the score sheets from Saturday (one with everyone / one with members only) Unfortunately I have to manually check who would be the back 9 winner in the case of tied scores so anyone who finished on tied points may be a place higher / lower. Also when a player had a scratch i entered the lowest strokes not to score a point to keep the gross / net scores correct.

Reminder to double check your points total too lads, there was at least 4 with incorrect scores marked. :eek:

What's the first column "Course No."?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Great venue for the Captains, have walked the course but never had the chance to play. Great work lads

shane0007 wrote: »
    What's the first column "Course No."?

No. Just the order scores were entered into the spreadsheet

No. Just the order scores were entered into the spreadsheet

And there was me thinking I'd get something for being second! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tigerwood1

suspense getting to you??

On the 20th September at 12:20pm we shall be teeing off at probably the best parkland course in the country which is..............

Mount Juliet!

I wanted us to play one of the top courses in the country which is accessible to all and this one ticked a lot of boxes for us.
    I have to say many thanks to ssbob for getting us a fantastic deal here.

All going well we will be able to subsidise a lot of the green fee but unfortunately not all. Its normally €80 to play a round here at the weekend!! We'll know closer to the time the exact amount we can subsidise.
    So, anyone sitting on the fence about joining up, get on board and enjoy the courses this year!!

I hit the nail on the head with this one, yourself and scubapro better not play poker against me it was so obvious:D. ps i had reckoned i scored 30pts off 20hcp at esker ???

tiger - you like a bet yourself.

I'd have you as an outside favourite to make team.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    I hit the nail on the head with this one, yourself and scubapro better not play poker against me it was so obvious:D. ps i had reckoned i scored 30pts off 20hcp at esker ???

Unfortunately not tiger, on the par 3 5th you are down as having a 4 for 3 points but it's only 2 points as its index 15. Sorry dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Unfortunately not tiger, on the par 3 5th you are down as having a 4 for 3 points but it's only 2 points as its index 15. Sorry dude

Is that not a dq for signing for the wrong score? :D

Advertisement