Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

skinny90 wrote: »
    Guys a friend of mine wants to go now but there's no standing tickets left,What are the chances they will let her on the pitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

SB-08 wrote: »
    Any word on how many tickets have sold? Based on the pics in the paper Croker looked half empty for Westlife, so if this isn't nearly sold out I'd image MCD won't be putting many gigs there for a while. The Aviva would've easily sold out.

It wasn't half empty on Friday at least. There were certain areas of the stands where it looks like they didn't sell any tickets for (corner of Davin/Cusack and Davin/Hogan in particular) but the rest was sold out. I would say there was about 75,000 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Guys a friend of mine wants to go now but there's no standing tickets left,What are the chances they will let her on the pitch?

No chance at all. They were being very strict about who they let onto the pitch at Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Westlife wasn't half empty.

There were a lot on donedeal, gumtree etc. during the week. That's how i got mine. You might get them for a good price at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hey we have two standing tix but I'm feeling under the weather so would much prefer seated if they weren't up in the gods, does anyone have 2 seated decent tix they want to swap for standing? pm me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

There is, the live view of Croke is here http://86.47.217.110/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=503

Does this actually work? Was meant to be going tonight bvut had surgery on friday and cant walk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

If anybody has a good camera will they film most of the gig Please

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There is, the live view of Croke is here http://86.47.217.110/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=503

I presume that picture is updated every so often ,because i just got a picture off it there and looks like a bad turnout if you ask me

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Pitch tickets were sold out so that's all there was ever going to be on there. Plenty of seats in the top of the Cusack and I'd imagine it's the same with the Hogan and probably all the tiers in the Canal but I wouldn't call it a poor turnout. It's decent enough I'd say.

• Advertisement

Pitch tickets were sold out so that's all there was ever going to be on there. Plenty of seats in the top of the Cusack and I'd imagine it's the same with the Hogan and probably all the tiers in the Canal but I wouldn't call it a poor turnout. It's decent enough I'd say.

You could def fit a good bit more on the pitch though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Probably not allowed though. There are probably some health and safety issues that limit the number of people allowed on the pitch, in case an emergency happens and everyone has to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Probably not allowed though. There are probably some health and safety issues that limit the number of people allowed on the pitch, in case an emergency happens and everyone has to get out.

It doesn't matter how big the pitch its, it's mainly down to Fire Exits, same as a nightclub i used to work in, Capacity was 1,200, could have taken 2,000 easily but there wasn't enough fire exits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Looking at the size of the crowd and considering how much was spent advertising it, the promoter will be nursing a hefty loss. It looks around 2/3 full

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Looking around the 30,000 mark, but how may of them were freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Anyone else feel that the sound was off? Definitely not as good as the O2. Otherwise the Chilis we're amazing :D

scudzilla wrote: »

If it was only that many they would have been safer putting them in the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Getronicle wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that the sound was off? Definitely not as good as the O2. Otherwise the Chilis we're amazing :D
    I thought the sound was a lot better than the o2!
    No where near a full house there, sections of the upper tiers covered in black and loads of space on the pitch.
    Did anyone else think they looked almost uninterested? Especially Anthony?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Nope was fine for me at least on the pitch

Would say closer to the 50,000 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Just curious. Was this gig honestly worth going to. Have seen them a couple of times over the past 15 and just felt they got progressively more disinterested. I gave this 1 a skip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

just back from the concert, i was one of those who got free tickets i think if i was buying i wouldnt pay more than 40 odd quid for em...

i thought the concert was good not brilliant, problem is i seen them at Slane - a time where their californiacation album had been a huge hit with all kinds of music listeners and by the way had just been released which had enuf good songs to be crowd favourities...their energy is faultless they really do all they can to get the crowd going and songs like by the way,dani california and higher ground were best received..but the venue was too much for them at this stage of their careers, as mentioned aviva would have suited much better...

Noel Gallagher was very good also just his own new songs werent too well received or known too well...when they performed little by little and dont look back the anger the crowd really got into them..all in all tho a solid performance but again better suited to a smaller crowd imo,if it was oasis back in the day then ya brilliant..

my third time to see chillis after lansdowne road and slane so a type of nostalgic band for me so I enjoyed it..i think their next album will decide how long they live on but for me the best days are gone but with them they brought great memories...thank you RHCP!Long live the memories of Slane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Didn't think Chillis were great at all. Guitar was too low in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Second time seeing the Chilis now.

I'm also of the opinion this gig was good but not spectacular. They were full of energy from the start of the show and had the crowd going right up until Otherside.

Though I felt they were making an effort, as Anthony spoke more and there was less of Flea's handstands (he only did it once). Chad's drum solo was quite good, but it was not as boring as other displays I've seen from musicians live.

The Vaccines were good, but the stage set wasn't right for them and I didn't think they were suited to the large venue, Noel was a lot better as he had good interaction with the fans and better a stage design.

Turnout I'm guessing was 45,000-50,000 definitely a bit more than half full.

Its not that RHCP are not a good live band, they need to play more of their go mental songs, I think that was where they fell down post-Californication.

Overall a 6.7/10 for me, probably be the last time I see them unless they reunite with Frusciante.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Nope was fine for me at least on the pitch

Would say closer to the 50,000 mark

I was about 4 people back from the front of the pit and it just seemed unfocused. Couldn't hear Anthony as much as I would have liked, everything could have been a bit louder too but that's not to many people's tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

the sound was dreadful, and they were very sloppy, a lot of mistakes! and they just didn't get the crowd going.... they completely ****ed up bloody sunday!!! and josh was trying very hard to be john...

That being said tho i had a good time...

but I'm shocked that there wasn't any proper pits...

also Flea is a beast at bass!!!!

and on a side note... kasabian in Marley park!!!!! Yes Please!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

That was an awful gig. Terrible set list and bad sound.
    That was my 4th time to see them. Really really disappointed,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Sounded dreadful - I'll upload a few songs tomorrow afternoon but it really was woeful stuff.

The sound actually kept changing pitch as if someone was messing about with the volume.

Couldn't hear a damn word Noel was saying and I think he could tell as he was over motioning as he made a few gags (which I think were poking fun at the amount of empty seating).

Anyway, I felt Chillis were just going through the motions and seemed to me that Croke Park / Aiken were happy for them to do an encore as the lights stayed off for a good while after they left the stage, almost as if they were expecting one but Chilli's staff rushed on and started packing things up on a dark stage - never seen that before - so perhaps they weren't too happy. Noticed a few strange looks from the band when the crowd didn't sing Sunday Bloody Sunday as you could tell they clearly thought was going too happen.

Crowd seemed to lack the umph of the O2 also - seemed a different vibe entirely tonight.

Think Noel will be class in Marley - it's the perfect outdoor venue for him I feel. Only seen The Who and Green Day there, but I just think it will be ideal - let's hope so anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yes, the sound was a bit off for the first 4 songs or so, but after that it improved greatly. I think if you were standing, the crowd was blocking a lot of the quality of it. Good set list, had great craic near the front barrier (not the pit), lots of dancing and moshing :D. 100 times better than the o2 gig in terms of stage and crowd precense. The concert got better as it went on. The replies in this thread so far seem to be similar to the thread for the last o2 gig. Stupid overused saying like "going through the motions". Go away outta that!

You're all too bloody negative in here, have some fun for once. I think it depended on where you were standed/seated. Some sections seemed dead with no atmosphere, where as others were riled up and was the best fun. And mistakes? So what, its LIVE music. The mistakes and improvisations are what make it unique and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

superblu wrote: »
    Just curious. Was this gig honestly worth going to. Have seen them a couple of times over the past 15 and just felt they got progressively more disinterested. I gave this 1 a skip.

I didn't think so. They definitely weren't worth the 70 euro I spent. The sound was ****e, the atmosphere wasn't great due to the stadium being half empty and I can't say I was particularly impressed with them as a live band. I found myself looking at the clock far too often.

Even my friend who is a huge RHCP fangirl wasn't overly impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If anybody has a good camera will they film most of the gig Please

You can (pay to) download the whole thing on their website if you're interested in that. No idea what price it is... I have bits of it recorded. My camera kept freezing halfway through songs though so I don't know how much is worth uploading. Loads of people were videoing it though so you'll surely be able to find a lot of it on YouTube! :)

Advertisement