Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's attitude to trailers

• 23-06-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Why do they not trailer new series of UK shows? :confused:
    It's only by forensically examining the RTE Guide that I ever find out these shows are on! *And* they bury them on RTE2 (mainly) midweek late at night... :rolleyes:
    Spooks, Hustle, No Angels, Bodies, Life On Mars, Shameless, Green Wing (when it was on) all get treated the same (and 24 - but that's a US show).
    I mean, Life On Mars has been one of the most-acclaimed UK shows in the last few years but there was no mention of it at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I guess its because they reckon most people have already watched them on cable or satellite

As for "burying" them on RTE2, in this day and age is there really a difference whether its on 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Why do they not trailer new series of UK shows? :confused:
    It's only by forensically examining the RTE Guide that I ever find out these shows are on! *And* they bury them on RTE2 (mainly) midweek late at night... :rolleyes:
    Spooks, Hustle, No Angels, Bodies, Life On Mars, Shameless, Green Wing (when it was on) all get treated the same (and 24 - but that's a US show).
    I mean, Life On Mars has been one of the most-acclaimed UK shows in the last few years but there was no mention of it at all!

Forensically examine? hmm, i hoped you had gloves on.

seriously yeh,don't think ireland can handle most of that. by 3098 RTE might be showing Dr. Who.

Advertisement