Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

notsobusy wrote: »
    Apparently there's heaps especially in cornflakes aswell!! :eek:

EEK...I have cornflakes for breakfast! May switch back to the porridge!

Just realised last night, that I have been concentrating on ticking off bits and pieces on the baby's hospital list, but apart from a few nightdresses have nothing for myself. So gonna start picking up a few bits today.

I'm starting to freak out now because my mum is starting to talk about the baby. She's in her 70's so she's a bit superstitious about buying bits for baby too soon. But now she's telling me that she's making me up a basket of bits and she's knitted the cutest little cardigans. It just makes it seem all the more real.

And my five year old nephew informed me at the weekend that the won't be babysitting because he's too young AND because changing nappies is the mammy's job! The cheek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Anyone got any good lists for labour bag/hospital bag? Have to get my ass in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

theg81der wrote: »
    Anyone got any good lists for labour bag/hospital bag? Have to get my ass in gear!

WARNING: This thread might scare you......well, it scared me! didnt realise there was so much. And i'm sure, ye all know by now, i havent bought a single thing yet...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056568419

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

me too, i have two new towels and a night dress and that's it, can't believe were at this stage !
    im not planning on bringing too much to hospital, i live approx 2.5 minutes from hospital to can always send himself for more stuff.
    my biggest worry is i like forget to charge my camera or something and miss taking pictures of that special few moments after she's born!

silly wrote: »
    WARNING: This thread might scare you......well, it scared me! didnt realise there was so much. And i'm sure, ye all know by now, i havent bought a single thing yet...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056568419

I was just getting that link too! Neyite's list did scare me too, but I think it's great to have that to work off of and adjust it for yourself.

On the back of the combined care card it lists the following:

For baby:
    2 blankets
    4 vests
    4 babygros
    2 caps/hats
    Disposable nappies
    Cotton Wool Balls
    Vaseline/Barrier Cream
    Baby Towels
    Suitable car seat for transport home on day of discharge

For Mother:
    Nightdress - preferably with front opening to facilitate skin to skin contact and breast feeding
    Old nightdress for labour ward
    Dressing gown
    Slippers
    Bath and hand towels
    snaitary towels
    disposable panties
    Tea Tree oil
    Toiletries
    Breast pads

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    im not planning on bringing too much to hospital, i live approx 2.5 minutes from hospital to can always send himself for more stuff.

Lucky you Java that must be great! I`m 40 minutes drive away so better be organised.

Lucky you Java that must be great! I`m 40 minutes drive away so better be organised.

i'm about a 20 min drive, but there is a shopping centre across the way with a boots and a penneys...so i think anything i need can be got in those places.

like seriously, if we dont have everything packed, i'm sure we will have family calling, mom's/sisters etc, and they can always bring something that you need.
    so long as you have an outfit for the baby to wear when they arrive, thats the most important thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'll be at home so will have everything there :D However, I have to have my hospital bags packed anyway in case I transfer, but will be handy to have everything in the one spot.

I don't know what the other hospitals are like but apparently the new little shop/cafe in Rotunda has all the essentials. Plus there's a massive Penneys/Tescos/Dunnes right across the road. I wouldn't worry too much re forgetting bits. Having said that, it will be fun packing & repacking & repacking & repacking the bags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    If only that would happen to me :) I don't eat veg (fruit all the way) & I was hoping that pregnancy might get me over that but no such look :)

I had issues around food from baby food onwards (my poor mother tried everything) & my biggest fear is that I will have a mini me in that regard :eek: it's all about texture rather than taste for me so hopefully I will be able to figure it out - she says with false hope :)

I used to hate veggies of all types, and while I still don't like them, I have managed to increase my intake by grating them into stuff - courgettes, carrots, leeks, frozen spinach - I don't notioce it's there so I eat it.

I really need to start getting my ass in gear too with the hospital bags - i have nothing for them yet. I don't even have a bag!

Mink wrote: »
    I'll be at home so will have everything there :D However, I have to have my hospital bags packed anyway in case I transfer, but will be handy to have everything in the one spot.

I don't know what the other hospitals are like but apparently the new little shop/cafe in Rotunda has all the essentials. Plus there's a massive Penneys/Tescos/Dunnes right across the road. I wouldn't worry too much re forgetting bits. Having said that, it will be fun packing & repacking & repacking & repacking the bags :D

Lucky you, although I'm sure there's still a degree of organisation to have everything at hand. If that was me, OH have my head wrecked asking me where's this etc!

It's not like any of the hospitals are in the middle of nowhere, most will have shops within a reasonable distance and as Silly says there will be enough family calling over to bring anything that you might forget.
    As long as you have what you need for the first night, you'll be fine.

My OH spent months on end in hospital and hated having too much clutter around him. He just kept what he needed...few spare PJ's and t-shirts, slippers, dressing gown and laptop. As he was very sick for a lot of the time, he didn't want to much to have to look after.
    I know his experience will be very different to ours, but it's just something to bear in mind, especially for us first timers! We'll have enough to do getting to grips with our new babies :)

• Advertisement

Oh and heres a pic, I think I`m a freak seriously, do I look 24 weeks pregnant?

Your tiny!!
    I now look like I have swallowed you!

Your tiny!!
    I now look like I have swallowed you!

lol

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

You're tiny!
    I look about 8 months pregnant next to you!
    I have to have the GTT as I think I was 2lbs over the limit, booo!
    In the rotunda you arrive at 7:30 (fasting from midnight) they take 3 vials of blood, then give you the glucose drink, take 3 more a few minutes later and then 3 more an hour later, that's what the midwife told me. Oh and you can't drink or eat anything from midnight until they take the last bloods otherwise they have to do it again. So you can't even use water to was down the glucose drink! I'm going to be in trouble I have started sipping ice cold water to stop me fainting while giving blood and I won't be able to use that now!

oh my, i feel like i have a basket ball up my top now!

I'll post my bi weekly picture later. I've popped big time..

silly wrote: »
    oh my, i feel like i have a basket ball up my top now!

And I was a size 14 before and none of my old clothes fit and I`ve gained a stone (well today, it varies). I do worry but he`s kicking away, my hubby said yesterday the poor fella must be squished in there and I feel like crying I can`t stop thinking about it.

here's me at 27+3,

Notice how big my belly has gotten and my belly button refuses to pop out so I have a mid-rif muffin top!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

And I was a size 14 before and none of my old clothes fit and I`ve gained a stone (well today, it varies). I do worry but he`s kicking away, my hubby said yesterday the poor fella must be squished in there and I feel like crying I can`t stop thinking about it.

You're tiny but don't worry! If he needed more room in there he'd make it. All babies are different and if the doctors are happy then you should be too. I'm feeling massive & I'm very short so I have the opposite problem but seriously don't be stressing over it! We'll all be very jealous when you're back in your old clothes in August while the rest of us are pouring ourselves into our old jeans :D

Hey!!! Stop worrying!! You've seen baby and all is ok, you feel him, so whats to worry about!!
    Your just one of them ladies we secretly all hate who stays skinny!x

• Advertisement

Oh god, dont be upset about it!!! everyone grows at different rates!! i know a girl who had twins last month and she was way smaller than i am with my one baby!
    I was even watching eastenders last night and both janine and Billy's grand daughter are both due around the same time (hope we dont have another baby snatching story line) and janine is far bigger..
    and yes, i know its not real.
    and there is no way you look size 14!!! you look like a 10 in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

You are tiny! My belly was bigger than that pre-pregnancy :)
    But there was a girl in my antenatal class who was the same - nothing there of the bump, so you are not alone.

And you've seen, felt and heard your baby at this time, so don't be worrying, you dafty :p. If your little one needs more room, they will make sure they get it.

I can't wait to see the sizes of our babies - will the biggest bump mean the biggest baby? Everyone tells me that the bump size is no indication of baby size. I am terrified that I will have a baby similar to my brother, who was 13 lbs when born, and into 3-6 month clothes immediately. My no epi plan could go swiftly out the window :)

Kash wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the sizes of our babies - will the biggest bump mean the biggest baby? Everyone tells me that the bump size is no indication of baby size. I am terrified that I will have a baby similar to my brother, who was 13 lbs when born, and into 3-6 month clothes immediately. My no epi plan could go swiftly out the window :)

13lbs????? Oh my god!
    Every baby we know that's been born recently, OH keeps going we have to beat that weight...not unless your going to push it out love! 7-8lbs would do nicely, thank you very much!

theg81der, as everyone else has said if docs are happy and baby is happy then try not to worry and try not to compare yourself to other people. We are all so different and will all carry differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cute bumps!!! I've got to put a pic up tomorrow, I'll set a reminder. I think I look a month ahead and I have done from the beginning as I started showing as early as 9/10 weeks! I have terribly stomach muscles and that really plays the biggest part. When I lay down flat to have the bump measured, it disappears a bit - I'm always disappointed & shocked, like it looks like I'm pretending to be pregnant :D

If you google "pictures of (insert week ie; 25) weeks pregnant" tons and tons and tons of pics of different women pop up. It's unbelievable the difference in sizes. Some look 9mths pregnant (but not heavy elsewhere on their body) and some look like I did after a chinese before I got pregnant.

the g18der, how on earth are you a 14, you really look more like an 8 or 10. I'm not just saying that, you're so petite!

here's me at 27+3,

Notice how big my belly has gotten and my belly button refuses to pop out so I have a mid-rif muffin top!!

you look great!
    i definatley look about 8 months gone and i'm only 26 weeks today.

Mink wrote: »
    the g18der, how on earth are you a 14, you really look more like an 8 or 10. I'm not just saying that, you're so petite!

Was a 14 before I got preggers now fit into 16`s normal. I`m 5`7 defo not petite. Pictures are deceptive I guess but no one ever thinks I`m as big or heavy as I am. People seem very suprised when they see me and are expecting a bump because I just look a little fat, no one else has suspected I`m expecting not even a tummy glance.

I reckon one of my neighbours thinks I`m having a mental breakdown cause when I told her she asked when I was due and I said the right date but next month instead of the right one (she knows I`ve had misses and been trying), she keeps looking at my tummy and looking at me funny!

Silly hubby going on about baby being squished, making me worry, thanks for making me feel better girls!:)

here's me at 27+3,

Java your bump shape is funny lol think I`ll have same. Your really neat and you`ve no weight on anywhere else. You look great!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

i would never had thought you were a 14, I was a 14 before I got pregnant. Now I'm still a 14 in maternity clothes, except I bought 16s in work trousers for comfort and have the tightening loops done up on the inside.
    My bump seems quite long though, so it's not too sticky out while I'm walking around but as soon as i sit down it bunches up and I look huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The81gder you look great: some women just don't get bigger: have you ever seen I didn't know i was pregnant? The show photos of these women in bikinis days before they give birth skinnier than I ever could hope to be and then they pop out these 7 pound babies they didn't know they were having :eek:

Also and I know I've said this before: one of the girls I work with was bigger at 12 weeks then I am now: she started showing at about 8 weeks. She was so so big by the time she was 5 months everyone was so shocked when she said she wasn't due for months. She lived in ponchos and leggings by the end: and she was a tiny size 8-10 before hand. Everyone is just different :)

13 pounds.... oh good god I would cry. And my no epi plan would definately definately go out the window!! Everyone in my family has big babies: I was the smallest out of cousins and everything: and I was 7 pounds 8 ounces.... all my aunts, mom everyone have 9 and 10 pound babies...

I can't get over how active baby has got in the last 3 or 4 days! Somersaults I'm convinced :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Theg81der I was thinking the same as others...your tiny :) size 14 in elfin clothes :D but yes pics & height can make things deceptive :)
    That's really funny re your neighbour...I can imagine the conversations she is having in her head :)

Advertisement